The flaw with 4-3-3

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The flaw with 4-3-3

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:45 pm

branny wrote:The best right sided combination i've seen so far this season is Onuoha and Weiss. On current form i'd like to see Petrov start ahead of Robinho too. Hopefully they'll all play on Thursday.

you might argue that Petrov's taken his chances in preseason, but overall quality of the two players is nearly a league apart tbh. Robson is a box of tricks and Petrov is a left-footed greyhound who has one trick. i know who i'd choose.

i too hope Petrov gets to shine vs. Palace.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby branny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:40 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
branny wrote:The best right sided combination i've seen so far this season is Onuoha and Weiss. On current form i'd like to see Petrov start ahead of Robinho too. Hopefully they'll all play on Thursday.

you might argue that Petrov's taken his chances in preseason, but overall quality of the two players is nearly a league apart tbh. Robson is a box of tricks and Petrov is a left-footed greyhound who has one trick. i know who i'd choose.

i too hope Petrov gets to shine vs. Palace.

cheers

No doubting who's the better player but on present form Petrov's hitting the back of the net, Robinho isn't. He also keeps losing possession with his fancy flicks. "Rotation" maybe the kick up the backside he needs.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:31 am

Grob wrote:The formation is pretty liquid. Its best described as the 4-2-3-1. Its certainly not the 4-3-3.

I think our formation is fine. It creates barrell loads of chances and once our attackers stopping spooning them on purpose we will be alright.

Wolves oveloaded the left and hand on saturday in the second half. Shame the quality of their delivery wasnt up to much. Shaun should probably have done a bit more to help Micah in the last 15 minutes.

You're right it's incredibly liquid & how the fuck you play against it when we get it right, I don't know! It's not one up front tho mate. If it's supposed to be I don't know but it wasn't. Tevez was often further forward than Ade & Robbie was pretty much up there most of the time too.

When we formed up for a goalkick etc though it was 3 in a line narrowish midfield but then when we got the ball SWP was joining the forwards & sometimes Ireland & Barry formed a 2 but often they were going forward as well or Barry was sitting then coming forward late down the left. If we could win stuff playing like that it'd be special! How you'd write it on paper is anyone's guess but it was pretty much two lots of three when they formed up into shape. The back 4 seemed to be a lot tighter together than last season as well.

Late on SWP ended up left with Ireland, Barry covering more on the right! It would've worked on the break if Bellamy had been a bit better. De Jong wasn't exactly Roy K**** when he came on & didn't do that well either imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Steve » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:36 am

This thread is funny. So many different variations in just two games. Shall I throw another one into the melting pot.. shall I... No I'll wait.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Fish111 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:43 am

I ll agree that Robinho should start every league game for us as he is head & shoulders above Petrov but there again Petrov has done his case no harm whatsoever with his form in pre-season. I think the Palace game is ideal for Petrov as he is stronger than Robinho and the Palace players will go all out to unsettle any lightweight players we have and Robbie is getting a reputation for being not at his best away from home.
As for formations, well, judging by this thread and the differing opinions as to how we lined up on Saturday it looks like no-one was quite sure. I thought it was 4-4-2 to start with but what do i know :-(
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum