Moyes quotes

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Moyes quotes

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:17 pm

We are not having it for any of them. I won't have it - the chairman knows that and I have made it clear. We are not a selling football club - unless it is someone I want to let go" - David Moyes, January 25.

"There is bound to be some interest in some of our players because we are competing at the top level. But there is no desire to sell here, we don't need to sell and we don't want to. And a lot of players will admit that not only have they been good for Everton, but the club has been good for them.

"We want to keep the base we have, some of the players we have now, to replace them would cost £15-£20million, and so why would we do that, with no guarantee that we could find better?

"We want to add to this squad and I can assure you that no one we want to keep will leave" - David Moyes, April 25.

"I have already said there will be no players sold at Everton and I do not feel I need to say any more. The board have never sold a player from me, it will only be at my discretion. I said it at the end of the season and I do not need to say any more" - David Moyes, July 16.

"You heard what he (Moyes) said and he said it right at the start of the summer - 'none of my players are going' and I think all of this speculation doesn't do anyone any favours. David Moyes, and only David Moyes I promise you, will make the decisions on the playing staff at this football club. He said, and he means it, nobody is for sale" - Everton chairman Bill Kenwright, July 16.

"As a club, we have publicly stated - as recently as Wednesday night - that we do not intend selling any players" - Everton chief executive Robert Elstone, July 17.

"The crowd know and understand that what we are doing here is right and we have been very consistent and we have said that Joleon Lescott won't be sold. There's not much point me elaborating on that because I have been consistent - he's not for sale" - David Moyes, August 8.

"I have said all along that I have no intention of selling my best players. Joleon is simply not for sale" - David Moyes, August 12.

"Joleon is a massive player for us, we think so much of him and do not want to lose him" - David Moyes, August 14.

"I have said often enough that Everton are not selling" - David Moyes, August 15.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Moyes quotes

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:22 pm

You missed the one where he says we should have just offered the right amount of cash in the first place.
I feel it would make a nice contrast!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:29 pm

I like this letter from an Everton fan on f365, I fully agree with him

Moaning Moyes Winning No Friends

Due to the fact that I am sure you won't have had nearly enough emails about the riveting and perma-fresh Joleon Lescott saga, I thought I would chip in with my proverbial tuppence.

I am not all that concerned about the player himself leaving, he clearly wants to go to City, is our second best centre-half by a distance, and is probably netting us twice his fair market value in the process. Add to this the fact that he handed in a transfer request, and kept himself to himself during the whole fiasco - pretty much going about things the right way.

My only wee grumble would be directed at Moyes - Not that I am going to jump on any knee-jerk 'Moyes out' bandwagon, but I think he was shown to be a little naive in this case. He complains about Citeh not coming in with what we deemed a fair offer to begin with - but then Moyes was the one keeping them at arms' length with the 'not for sale at any price' mantra, only to reveal, at this highly inconvenent time (according to the man himself) that there WAS a price after all!!

In the end, we get the money that I'd have snapped Citeh's hand off for all along, and with it, no doubt, some extra bodies in the squad, and not before time.

I can't help but wonder if all of that goodwill from the neutral fan that Everton have been able to bask in over the last few overachieving years will last much longer if our manager can't stop moaning to the press...

Dave 'Moyes out! (Just kidding, LOLZ!)' Allen, Runcorn
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Does make good reading. I liked the article from Samuel the other day which alluded to the fact that Everton are a Pantomime of a club in relation to the spin it puts out to its own supporters. The People Club and all that are not people focused at all but, rather like our own board back in the 1990's, are far more interested in making themselves look good.

They were always going to sell, by selling so late in the day gives Kenwright and Moyes a great excuse to say they couldn't spend the money in time when in reality they were never going to spend all of it on new players anyway.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby john68 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:38 pm

...and all of that was done so at such a high volume in the media for thepublis to gobble up.
I wonder now if the very public and very loud media threat of a "tapping up" complaint will quietly evaporate intothe ether, as the bluff disintigrates.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Return to The Maine Football forum