Richard Dunne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Richard Dunne

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:20 pm

Curlie wrote:He's not gone yet.
Would seem he is now back in Manchester looking a loyalty bonus.
God I hate that side of football and transfers.

well, if anyone should get one, then its Dunne
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby GregS » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:13 am

Was great to see see the city fans singing this at Palace.

He's here
He's there
He's every fukin where
Richard Dunne!

Great servant to the club.
One life, One love, One City
GregS
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Grob » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:39 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:3) Dodgy full-backs, I can't emphasise enough how much of a better player Corluka is than Micah.

Zabaletta is better than both
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Hazy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:10 am

Better players needed than all three IMO Zab is slow Corluke is slower and Micah is just fit, big cannot think of another attribute, he could not pass wind in fact Maine Road today will have better footballers than Micah.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:48 pm

Now the NOTW chips in with this 2 Mill demand from Dunnie apparently !

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/478480/DUNNES-MOVE-TO-VILLA-IN-DANGER-Man-CIty-centre-half-demanding-pound2m-pay-off.html

I particularly like the quote from Hughes that he is happy to keep him.

Man City centre-half demanding £2m pay-off

By Aidan Magee, 29/08/2009
RICHARD DUNNE'S move to Aston Villa is in danger of collapsing after he demanded a £2million pay-off from Manchester City.

The Republic of Ireland international returned to training at City's Carrington HQ yesterday morning ahead of today's trip to Portsmouth.

Dunne, who will be 30 next month, has four years left on his £55,000-a-week contract at Eastlands and wants City to pay up a proportion of his contract. He is also due a lucrative testimonial next season after signing from Everton in 2000.

Villa remain confident they will complete the deal but City, who are surprised at the size of the player's demand, may have to pay up.

Defender Dunne spent most of Friday at Villa Park putting the finishing touches to a four-year contract after a fee of around £6m was agreed.

But the Villains' failure to announce the signing raised suspicion among fans.

City chief Mark Hughes is happy to keep club captain Dunne but agreed to sell him after deciding he could not guarantee him a starting place.

It doesn't make sense to me Dunnie said he was very happy a couple of weeks ago and Hughes says he is happy to keep him .

So why are you letting him go Mr. Hughes ?

Yes I know it is the NOTW but for me the whole affair stinks.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Shegelu » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:17 am

People may think he's being greedy, but I'll bet Dunny feels not just a little bit aggrieved at the aggressive courting of Lescott and his rapid replacement. I thought the way he was instantly out for the Palace game was a bit "So long & thanks for all the fish". Much as I have criticised his playing last season, he deserved at least a token appearance I reckon.

Everyone assumes that just cos players get million pound deals, they don't have the right to get their feelings hurt; they just like the rest of us but richer. If you get shunted out of the way for the new boy at work, you feel well pissed off. Did anyone else read the interview with Joe Hart where he was very gracious, but said how hurt he felt at being replaced by Given? I'm not arguing that we should keep players for sentimental reasons, but I think there is a way of dealing with them that makes them feel valued as individuals. That is a quality that Eriksson had in spades, but Hughes sometimes seems to be lacking.

Give Dunny a testimonial, Sparky!
Yo yo yo, TOP BANANA mate, tellin ya!
Shegelu
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby Burt » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:05 am

Shegelu wrote:People may think he's being greedy, but I'll bet Dunny feels not just a little bit aggrieved at the aggressive courting of Lescott and his rapid replacement. I thought the way he was instantly out for the Palace game was a bit "So long & thanks for all the fish". Much as I have criticised his playing last season, he deserved at least a token appearance I reckon.

Everyone assumes that just cos players get million pound deals, they don't have the right to get their feelings hurt; they just like the rest of us but richer. If you get shunted out of the way for the new boy at work, you feel well pissed off. Did anyone else read the interview with Joe Hart where he was very gracious, but said how hurt he felt at being replaced by Given? I'm not arguing that we should keep players for sentimental reasons, but I think there is a way of dealing with them that makes them feel valued as individuals. That is a quality that Eriksson had in spades, but Hughes sometimes seems to be lacking.

Give Dunny a testimonial, Sparky!

Never ever ever ever use that fuclin name on here!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum