Richard Dunne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Richard Dunne

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:35 pm

4/7 on with bookies to be an Aston Villa player come Sept, I hope this does not happen he will be a good backup.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Richard Dunne

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:37 pm

No way, another Dunne thread! ;)

Of course he'll be good back-up and he should have the right to fight for a first team place with any new defender signed. It will improve his game and that of the defender signed.

If we do sell him, we'll need to go out and buy a very good central defender who won't mind being cover.

Now let's have a look at a list of those who'd fit that bill...
Original Dub

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:43 pm

I've got a feeling transfer deadline day will be busy at City this year, but not with players coming in.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:58 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:I've got a feeling transfer deadline day will be busy at City this year, but not with players coming in.

Agree.
I expect fair few leaving. My predictions are Dunne, Garrido, Benjani and possibly one player we end up missing (Petrov or Zabaleta).
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Fish111 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Agree.
I expect fair few leaving. My predictions are Dunne, Garrido, Benjani and possibly one player we end up missing (Petrov or Zabaleta).

I seriously hope your wrong with both of them NQDP. I'd be gutted if either of them left us. As for Dunne, i think he doesn't want to be a backup player, i can see him moving on before the end of the window.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Fish111 wrote:

I seriously hope your wrong with both of them NQDP. I'd be gutted if either of them left us. As for Dunne, i think he doesn't want to be a backup player, i can see him moving on before the end of the window.

I'd be gutted to lose either of them as well mate. I just got a feeling neither of them are looking to play second fiddle. Zabaleta especially would be huge loss.

Regarding Dunne, I agree. I doubt he'd want to stay as a back up at this stage of his career and it's anyway questionable whether he should be there before Nedum anyway. There'd be big chance he'd end up looking games at the stands. I'd rather see him move elsewhere and get and ending to his career he deserves. Would be one of the first names on the team sheet in Everton or Villa and he'd still be playoing in competitive side.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Fish111 wrote:

I'd be gutted to lose either of them as well mate. I just got a feeling neither of them are looking to play second fiddle. Zabaleta especially would be huge loss.

Regarding Dunne, I agree. I doubt he'd want to stay as a back up at this stage of his career and it's anyway questionable whether he should be there before Nedum anyway. There'd be big chance he'd end up looking games at the stands. I'd rather see him move elsewhere and get and ending to his career he deserves. Would be one of the first names on the team sheet in Everton or Villa and he'd still be playoing in competitive side.

We can NOT give him to Gollum. He deserves better than that!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:36 pm

Did'nt mr Dunne come out and say that he would stay and fight for a place in the team and will only leave if the club whants him to.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fish111 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Socrates wrote:We can NOT give him to Gollum. He deserves better than that!

Ha Ha, that made me laugh. I knew who you meant immediately.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Twobob » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:09 pm

Fish111 wrote:

I'd love Dunnie to stay, but if he did decide that he needed first team football he would go with my blessing and I'd be the first to applaud him when he turned up for anouther team - Would be brilliant if he stayed for his Testimonial though.

Cant see Zabba going anywere though (or maybe thats hope!), firstly he'd be my first choice at RB and can only think that its his fitness or something keeping him on the bench (although Michah is pushing the envelope on that one!) but as he isnt first choice he's so important as cover - Love Neddy but he's not a RB!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby nickson71 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:19 pm

Twobob wrote:
Fish111 wrote:

I'd love Dunnie to stay, but if he did decide that he needed first team football he would go with my blessing and I'd be the first to applaud him when he turned up for anouther team - Would be brilliant if he stayed for his Testimonial though.

Cant see Zabba going anywere though (or maybe thats hope!), firstly he'd be my first choice at RB and can only think that its his fitness or something keeping him on the bench (although Michah is pushing the envelope on that one!) but as he isnt first choice he's so important as cover - Love Neddy but he's not a RB!

I wouldn't surprise me if Zabba did go this window

He's represented Argentina at all level bar the full squad and he got Gold at the Olympics. The first choice RB for Argentina is now getting old (36ish I think) and as a result Zabba may want to try and force his way into Maradona's plan for next summer and he won't be doing that on the bench for us ........

Saying that I hope he stay but the way the squad is looking and who Hughes has been selecting the role of Zabba is going to be back up RB or back up DM, neither of these will further his international ambitions
nickson71
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Shegelu » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:27 pm

Garrido's already on his way out. What a pity, never mind! ;-) Benjani wants out but no one wants him (sniff sniff). Still, if we managed to get Celtic to buy waste-of-space Samaras, someone will snap up Benji.

To be honest, Dunne is old now and Onuoha is much more reliable, but with the way injuries go, we need two solid back up centre backs. I reckon Dunne will stay.
Yo yo yo, TOP BANANA mate, tellin ya!
Shegelu
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:29 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:I've got a feeling transfer deadline day will be busy at City this year, but not with players coming in.

Agree.

I understand your reasoning about Zabba, but I just can't see Hughes wanting to sell him. According to Guilem Balague "Sparky" spent nearly a year scouting Zabba when he was manager at Blackburn, which explains why he was pretty much the first signing he made. Also a utility player as well.... can't see him leaving.

If there is a surprise one leaving I think it might be De Jong. I've read gossip in the past few months that De Jong is unhappy with the move to England and is deperate to go back to Germany. It might be speculation of course, but part of me would not be surprised to read De Jong is sold to Bayern Munich (where Van Gaal is now manager)....
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby kinkylola » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:36 pm

I'd like dunne to stay, but not as first choice. I would have liked that to be ned but seems like it will be lescott now. I think it's plausible that dunne leaves before the end of this window
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

Agree.

I understand your reasoning about Zabba, but I just can't see Hughes wanting to sell him. According to Guilem Balague "Sparky" spent nearly a year scouting Zabba when he was manager at Blackburn, which explains why he was pretty much the first signing he made. Also a utility player as well.... can't see him leaving.

If there is a surprise one leaving I think it might be De Jong. I've read gossip in the past few months that De Jong is unhappy with the move to England and is deperate to go back to Germany. It might be speculation of course, but part of me would not be surprised to read De Jong is sold to Bayern Munich (where Van Gaal is now manager)....

Surprised to hear that. His English seems to be perfect and he seems laid back in intervews. Lifestyle isn't all that different to Netherlands and Germany either. But you never know, Barry Ferguson was homesick in Blackburn and David Unsworth's missus in Birmingham!

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby kinkylola » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:46 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

Agree.

Surprised to hear that. His English seems to be perfect and he seems laid back in intervews. Lifestyle isn't all that different to Netherlands and Germany either. But you never know, Barry Ferguson was homesick in Blackburn and David Unsworth's missus in Birmingham!

I think dutch players, especially coming from the ajax system, are very tempermental. If he's thinking that his playing time is getting significantly affected by something I think he'll become disallusioned pretty quickly. And, as we've seen, he has only just played in the last match making a 20m sub appearance, if that. So i'm sure he's not happy. All that being said, I want him to stay because i think he is a great midfield destroyer. Hard in the tackle and can run all day.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Shegelu » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:57 pm

kinkylola wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Agree.

Uh oh!! We need De Jong truly. This is one of the problems of having a bigger squad of class players. Gareth Barry's arrival has squeezed out Kompany and De Jong. Barry is fantastic end to ender and we are a so much better team with him, but he hasn't got the grit and scaryness of De Jong. We need Nigel for those times when we just need to close down the opposition's midfield. I've noticed that without him, we've been giving teams too much space in attacking midfield later on in games.

I think dutch players, especially coming from the ajax system, are very tempermental. If he's thinking that his playing time is getting significantly affected by something I think he'll become disallusioned pretty quickly. And, as we've seen, he has only just played in the last match making a 20m sub appearance, if that. So i'm sure he's not happy. All that being said, I want him to stay because i think he is a great midfield destroyer. Hard in the tackle and can run all day.
Yo yo yo, TOP BANANA mate, tellin ya!
Shegelu
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby Grob » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:01 pm

Would rather Dunne stayed but i will leave the choice up to him

Before the window shuts, I would imagine we will see the back of Ben Haim, Benjani and Garrido. No loss. These 3 players are not good enough.

Zabs will stay. Petrov probably will too.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby OhDannyBoy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:31 pm

I understand we have better..(Well argubaly, i still think Dunnes good as anyone we have most games but thats my opinion)

Anyway do you not think we'll be losing a bit of our identity letting Dunnie leave? its almost like a whole new team bar a few of the kids (Stevie etc) in 2 seasons....Be a shame to lose a player before he can get his testimonial
OhDannyBoy
Superman's Underpants

Postby Steve » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:01 am

Personally I still want to see Dunne start the next game, and the next. Until he has two poor back to back performances, and then time to put Joleon in. It would be very sad to drop our captain who has not conceded a goal yet this season.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum