Richard Dunne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Richard Dunne

Postby trout man » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:28 am

Steve wrote:Personally I still want to see Dunne start the next game, and the next. Until he has two poor back to back performances, and then time to put Joleon in. It would be very sad to drop our captain who has not conceded a goal yet this season.

In essence, that is the truth, we have not conceeded with our current defencive set up and if it aint broke dont fix it...yet!
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:10 am

As long as he is joined by Tal Ben-Haim on the way through the exit door then all the best, that would be a brilliant day for City to get shut of two clumbersome defenders.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:59 am

Grob wrote:Zabs will stay. Petrov probably will too.

I actually agree, think they both will.

I think both will have seen enough in our play and our signings to realise that they have a better chance of success here than at any team they could, conceivably join.

Petrov is a shoe-in to the Bulgarian team so I don't think the World Cup argument flies with him

Maradona will be coming to COMS to watch Tevez this season so Zabba knows that if he gets in the team here he has a better chance of being called up than many other places. He's also still very young (even though he looks really quite old indeed!) and time is v much on his side
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:09 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:I've got a feeling transfer deadline day will be busy at City this year, but not with players coming in.

Agree.
I expect fair few leaving. My predictions are Dunne, Garrido, Benjani and possibly one player we end up missing (Petrov or Zabaleta).

I understand your reasoning about Zabba, but I just can't see Hughes wanting to sell him. According to Guilem Balague "Sparky" spent nearly a year scouting Zabba when he was manager at Blackburn, which explains why he was pretty much the first signing he made. Also a utility player as well.... can't see him leaving.

If there is a surprise one leaving I think it might be De Jong. I've read gossip in the past few months that De Jong is unhappy with the move to England and is deperate to go back to Germany. It might be speculation of course, but part of me would not be surprised to read De Jong is sold to Bayern Munich (where Van Gaal is now manager)....

Surprised to hear that. His English seems to be perfect and he seems laid back in intervews. Lifestyle isn't all that different to Netherlands and Germany either. But you never know, Barry Ferguson was homesick in Blackburn and David Unsworth's missus in Birmingham!

Or of course Robbie Savage moving from Birmingham to Blackburn so he could be closer to Wales!!

As for Dunnie I think we're all agreed. He'd be good back-up, but the dear old boy costs us about 8 or 9 points a season, and if he wants to go elsewhere for a guaranteed start, let him, he deserves it.

As for Petrov and Zabba - there is a definite pattern here of a player being signed before the old one is shipped out, most lately Sylvinho sounding the death knell for Garrido. Something definitely under the surface for Zabba, don't know what, as most of us would pick him over Micah I suspect, but it aint happening.

There are strong rumours in Madrid of a City offer for Robben. Madrid need to decide what to do as Sneider is not being shoved out easily, yet they definitely need to recoup some cash and cut the wages in the next week.

So if City sign Robben, who had an excellent pre-season, it will obviously be 'bye bye Rigsby'.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:25 am

Dunne definitely said, when asked about Lescott coming in, that he wanted to stay & be a part of what's happening so I'd be surprised if he suddenly changed his mind.

I could imagine De Jong going but not at this stage; only if he doesn't get games over the course of the season, which he will I recon. Barry showed when he came forward v Wolves that he can be very dangerous as a creative player so I recon we'll play less forwards v the best teams especially away from home, try to take the sting out of the game & maybe bring matchwinners on later if we need a goal, when the oppo tires.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:33 am

It'll be one sad day when he does leave, I think all of us true City fans - hell, even the ones following City more than 2 years - will agree with that?
Original Dub

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:39 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Dunne definitely said, when asked about Lescott coming in, that he wanted to stay & be a part of what's happening so I'd be surprised if he suddenly changed his mind.

I could imagine De Jong going but not at this stage; only if he doesn't get games over the course of the season, which he will I recon. Barry showed when he came forward v Wolves that he can be very dangerous as a creative player so I recon we'll play less forwards v the best teams especially away from home, try to take the sting out of the game & maybe bring matchwinners on later if we need a goal, when the oppo tires.

I don't think that not playing every game will bother de Jong, he basically told all the whingers and would-be moaners at the club to wind their necks in a few weeks ago, following the game against Celtic, when he said that apart from the captain and keeper there are no "guarenteed" starters, everyone has to earn their place, they will all play a part this season and he will do his best when called on to make sure the manager has a difficult choice to leave him out next game.

Personally I don't rate him that much, but he has got the right attitude and I cannot for the life of me believe that Hughes will select the same team every week, I thoroughly expect him to tinker with his team selections a little more this season, as he has got the options he was moaning about last season not having this campaign, and GONE are the days of 11 players winning anything, nowadays a winning squad has about 20-25 players who make an impact on their season now.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:42 am

Original Dub wrote:It'll be one sad day when he does leave, I think all of us true City fans - hell, even the ones following City more than 2 years - will agree with that?

100%, he's a major link to the past....it emphasises how far we've come.

I'll always think back fondly of Dunnie...he's been a great servant to the club. I don't want him to be driven out of the club but I want him to do the right thing for his career and the club to do what's best for Manchester City
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Original Dub » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:49 am

ant london wrote:
Original Dub wrote:It'll be one sad day when he does leave, I think all of us true City fans - hell, even the ones following City more than 2 years - will agree with that?

100%, he's a major link to the past....it emphasises how far we've come.

I'll always think back fondly of Dunnie...he's been a great servant to the club. I don't want him to be driven out of the club but I want him to do the right thing for his career and the club to do what's best for Manchester City

Exactly, and the right thing to do IMO would be to give him the right to stay and fight. Actually, he's already said he was aware of the quality defenders coming in and he will stay and fight.... that sounds to me lthat if he does leave this window it will be because he was pushed, which I can't see happening.

If he stays and fights for his spot but ultimately gets fuck all games, he'll leave next summer with City having had fantastic cover for this season and Dunnie with ten years service.

A testimonial for a city legend. I wonder who the next player will be who stays ten years? Stevie?

Its so important to have players who actually love the club.
Original Dub

Postby Shegelu » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:51 pm

Steve wrote:Personally I still want to see Dunne start the next game, and the next. Until he has two poor back to back performances, and then time to put Joleon in. It would be very sad to drop our captain who has not conceded a goal yet this season.

Ahem, it's been a close run thing at times! And Dunny has made some howlers. But I agree, it's poor form to replace the captain just like that. Let him start a few more games, but bring him off for 2nd half.
Yo yo yo, TOP BANANA mate, tellin ya!
Shegelu
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:01 pm

Dunne set for Eastlands exit as Villa agree to splash £6m City skipper
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 9:10 PM on 25th August 2009

Aston Villa have agreed a £6million fee with Manchester City for their skipper Richard Dunne.
Villa manager, Martin O’Neill, has moved swiftly to head off interest from Sunderland and Everton in Dunne whose nine-year City career looks to be drawing to a close following the arrival of Joleon Lescott in a £24m deal.

Dunne, 29, has spoken of his desire to stay at City but with Lescott joining Kolo Toure at Eastlands is likely to find his first team opportunities limited this season.

Can see this one been more than just speculation. Dunne will always be a legend though.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:20 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Dunne set for Eastlands exit as Villa agree to splash £6m City skipper
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 9:10 PM on 25th August 2009

Aston Villa have agreed a £6million fee with Manchester City for their skipper Richard Dunne.
Villa manager, Martin O’Neill, has moved swiftly to head off interest from Sunderland and Everton in Dunne whose nine-year City career looks to be drawing to a close following the arrival of Joleon Lescott in a £24m deal.

Dunne, 29, has spoken of his desire to stay at City but with Lescott joining Kolo Toure at Eastlands is likely to find his first team opportunities limited this season.

Can see this one been more than just speculation. Dunne will always be a legend though.

Does seem a fairly confident piece though, actually stating that a fee's been agreed. They don't usually go that far when making up stories. Perhaps he's been told VK will be used as a CB so he's 5th choice?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Renato_CTID » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:21 pm

I never forget his unbelievable performance at the swamp when we beat them: good luck wherever you'll have to go, Richard, uou'll rest forever in my heart!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby smurfsdabomb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 am

Buying Lescott for 24m and selling a better centre back than him for 1/3rd the cost. Genius.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Beanieboy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:13 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:Buying Lescott for 24m and selling a better centre back than him for 1/3rd the cost. Genius.

Think you're lost mate,......here you go just follow the link, should get you home http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/index.php
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:15 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ipper.html

Can't believe he's going...devastated
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:17 am

WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HIS PERFORMANCE IN THAE 0-0 WITH SCOUSE1 A FEW YEARS AGO.

DUNNE = TRUE BLUE LEGEND.

SRY FOR CAPS BUT I USE THEM AT WORK AND CANT BE ARSED TAKING THEM OFF TO POST.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby smurfsdabomb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:26 am

Beanieboy wrote:
smurfsdabomb wrote:Buying Lescott for 24m and selling a better centre back than him for 1/3rd the cost. Genius.

Think you're lost mate,......here you go just follow the link, should get you home http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/index.php

I think you never watched Lescott play, "mate". He had one good season 2 years ago and has been so-so every other season.

Martin O Neill is a shrewder manager than Hughes and I think he'd have taken Dunne over Lescott any day of the week.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:32 am

The Man In Blue wrote:WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HIS PERFORMANCE IN THAE 0-0 WITH SCOUSE1 A FEW YEARS AGO.
DUNNE = TRUE BLUE LEGEND.

SRY FOR CAPS BUT I USE THEM AT WORK AND CANT BE ARSED TAKING THEM OFF TO POST.

That was the turning point. He was absolutely massive that day winning us a point more or less on his own. Don't know what happened though as his performances were in rapid decline after that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beanieboy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:39 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:
Beanieboy wrote:

I think you never watched Lescott play, "mate". He had one good season 2 years ago and has been so-so every other season.

Martin O Neill is a shrewder manager than Hughes and I think he'd have taken Dunne over Lescott any day of the week.

you're talking shit,...how many "good" seasons has Dunne had? how many goals has dunne protected us from? how many has Dunne scored? How many o.g's has Lescott collected?.....i'm not saying i don't rate Dunne or want him to leave, but you're spouting WUM shit,...HUGHES OUT, Micah's crap, Robby is a moaner, Tevez is a rag, Stevie isn't all that.......did i forget one?
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum