Richard Dunne

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Richard Dunne

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:41 am

Sad to see him go, but at this stage of his career he probably cant afford to be sitting on the bench.

It's a great move for him. MON will get the best out of him. As NQDP mentioned above re the 0-0 against the scouse was his finest performence but he has been poor since then. Im sure Villa will get the old Dunney back.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby smurfsdabomb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 am

I never said anything against stevie actually, I rate him as one of the best young talents in the league if not the best.

But Dunne is honestly a class player, yes he gets OGs and reds but that's probably because of how commited he is to marshaling his area. Jamie Carragher has a similar number of both, would you question his quality? I'll admit Dunne had a poor season by his standards last year but I genuinely believe that was partly down to him playing with a different CB partner every week and partly down to two very dodgy full-backs who are getting caught out of position all the time. Prior to that Dunne was consistently City's best player year after year, including their best season in recent times under Sven where he was arguably the best defender in the league.

But the very fact that you're criticising a centre back for not scoring goals tells me that you don't have a very good grasp on the time, this isn't easy mode FIFA, kid where every player on the team should be scoring in 17-0 wins. Dunne has been every bit as good as Toure this season in holding two clean sheets, a perfect record thus far. To replace him in that form undermines his captaincy and the very value of good form in the team. It's not good management and will seep down to other players on the team, I can't even emphasise how bad from a PR point of view it is to have a club legend, the captain, the centre back with a perfect record this season discarded like that for some guy who doesn't even have to earn his place, he gets into the side on reputation alone.

For me, it's that kind of player management that will prevent City from ever cracking the top 4. It's not all about individual talent, if you lose the team spirit, guidance and what the club really stands for suddenly you're left with a squad of people with no passion for the club or fans, who just want money and fame. I've always defended City and hoped it wouldn't turn into that but for me if Dunne leaves it'd disgust me what this club is turning into.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby smurfsdabomb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:52 am

"you're talking shit,...how many "good" seasons has Dunne had?"

This is kind of funny given that he won Man City player of the season four years running. =P
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:53 am

Beanieboy wrote:
smurfsdabomb wrote:
Beanieboy wrote:
smurfsdabomb wrote:Buying Lescott for 24m and selling a better centre back than him for 1/3rd the cost. Genius.

Think you're lost mate,......here you go just follow the link, should get you home http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/index.php

I think you never watched Lescott play, "mate". He had one good season 2 years ago and has been so-so every other season.

Martin O Neill is a shrewder manager than Hughes and I think he'd have taken Dunne over Lescott any day of the week.

you're talking shit,...how many "good" seasons has Dunne had? how many goals has dunne protected us from? how many has Dunne scored? How many o.g's has Lescott collected?.....i'm not saying i don't rate Dunne or want him to leave, but you're spouting WUM shit,...HUGHES OUT, Micah's crap, Robby is a moaner, Tevez is a rag, Stevie isn't all that.......did i forget one?

I WOULD SUGGEST NOT THROWING STONES IF YOU RESIDE IN A GLASS HOUSE.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:00 am

Wouldn't be a huge loss now Lescott can play CB and LB so ned is our backup. Would be the only way Hughes could remove captaincy from him straight away though without a reason and give to somebody else.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:12 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:I never said anything against stevie actually, I rate him as one of the best young talents in the league if not the best.

But Dunne is honestly a class player, yes he gets OGs and reds but that's probably because of how commited he is to marshaling his area. Jamie Carragher has a similar number of both, would you question his quality? I'll admit Dunne had a poor season by his standards last year but I genuinely believe that was partly down to him playing with a different CB partner every week and partly down to two very dodgy full-backs who are getting caught out of position all the time. Prior to that Dunne was consistently City's best player year after year, including their best season in recent times under Sven where he was arguably the best defender in the league.

But the very fact that you're criticising a centre back for not scoring goals tells me that you don't have a very good grasp on the time, this isn't easy mode FIFA, kid where every player on the team should be scoring in 17-0 wins. Dunne has been every bit as good as Toure this season in holding two clean sheets, a perfect record thus far. To replace him in that form undermines his captaincy and the very value of good form in the team. It's not good management and will seep down to other players on the team, I can't even emphasise how bad from a PR point of view it is to have a club legend, the captain, the centre back with a perfect record this season discarded like that for some guy who doesn't even have to earn his place, he gets into the side on reputation alone.

For me, it's that kind of player management that will prevent City from ever cracking the top 4. It's not all about individual talent, if you lose the team spirit, guidance and what the club really stands for suddenly you're left with a squad of people with no passion for the club or fans, who just want money and fame. I've always defended City and hoped it wouldn't turn into that but for me if Dunne leaves it'd disgust me what this club is turning into.

Smurfy - sorry mate but you're wrong, and I don't want to repeat all those past Dunney threads. Simple fact is he wont take us to CL. For all his bood and thunder tackling, there is the turning like a battleship, the OGs, the horrible slices, terrible attacking corners etc, even in his good years. Everyone else was shite, which is why he was often PoY!

Most importantly, and what a lot are missing, is that he doesn't know what to do with the ball at his feet. To get to the top we need a whole side of people who can play the ball, witness Mr Toure.

Mercifully you are not in charge of our budget to 'take Dunney over Lescott any day of the week'. I am prepared to trust the Everton fans' opinions (who watch him every week) as well as our own managers who are developing a pretty good transfer track record up to now.

I think he and Ned should be our back-ups, although Ned may well break through ahead of Lescott or Toure at some future point.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:27 am

I for one hope he will be allowed to stay if he wants to. City's player of the season time and time again. Surely he deserves to be a part of this new journey. Unless of course he wants guaranteed 1st team football and wants to leave.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Beanieboy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:28 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:I never said anything against stevie actually, I rate him as one of the best young talents in the league if not the best.

I was not critcising Dunne in any way, i was criticising your post,....it was a WUM post, why not post the above 1st time? at least here you give an opinion instead of just stating that Dunne is 3 times the player Lescott is, witch is still an utter bullshit statement.
don't agree with all of what you say above, such as the CB's having to score loads, where did i say that? never have, never will, but every goal a CB scores and earns us 1 or 3 points is a bonus and if done regularly has to be taken in to account when comparing 2 players.
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Haz » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:01 am

I'd rather try and keep hold of Dunne and get shot of TBH.
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:03 am

Haz wrote:I'd rather try and keep hold of Dunne and get shot of TBH.

I'd rather them both leave

TBH because he is gash

Dunnie because I think he and we should move on. However if we had to keep one, it would be Richard Dunne by a country moiiile
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Haz » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:14 am

ant london wrote:

I'd rather them both leave

TBH because he is gash

Dunnie because I think he and we should move on. However if we had to keep one, it would be Richard Dunne by a country moiiile

I just think Dunnie would be an invaluable squad player over the next couple of seasons. It only takes two defenders to get injured or suspended, and we're in trouble. Agree with you on TBH though, he is utter shite!
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:21 am

Very true, the first out the door should be that barrell of crap, wonder which numpty signed him??....I said when he signed, that TBH was garbage and proved correct, even though I got slatted on Citywanks because of it, and guess what?, thay are all saying the same thing now that he is crap!.

I wouldn't even ask for a fee for TBH, just kick him out of the club, as for Dunne, I know we need squad depth, but is he any better than Micah at CB?, or even Barry there?....the answer is NO, he looked good in a garbage team, as he was the best of a bad side, now he has quality players around him, he is found wanting each game as the weakest link of the side.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby irblinx » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:29 am

keeping the world's media waiting again whilst we get all the internal stuff done, we're in charge!!

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

[center]Image[/center]
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby OhDannyBoy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:56 am

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:

Very true, the first out the door should be that barrell of crap, wonder which numpty signed him??....I said when he signed, that TBH was garbage and proved correct, even though I got slatted on Citywanks because of it, and guess what?, thay are all saying the same thing now that he is crap!.

I wouldn't even ask for a fee for TBH, just kick him out of the club, as for Dunne, I know we need squad depth, but is he any better than Micah at CB?, or even Barry there?....the answer is NO, he looked good in a garbage team, as he was the best of a bad side, now he has quality players around him, he is found wanting each game as the weakest link of the side.

Are you having a serious laugh?

Your saying barry and micah are better center halfs then Dunne

Then your a rag on a wind up...Pathetic comment.
OhDannyBoy
Superman's Underpants

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:59 am

OhDannyBoy wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:

Are you having a serious laugh?

Your saying barry and micah are better center halfs then Dunne

Then your a rag on a wind up...Pathetic comment.

He does have some odd views at times but I'd actually prefer Micah back there than the current version of Dunnie

And Barry has played there quite a bit has he not....and he's certainly a better footballer than RD. A waste to play him there but he could certainly do a job
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dbinod » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:It'll be one sad day when he does leave, I think all of us true City fans - hell, even the ones following City more than 2 years - will agree with that?

i want this guy to lift a first medal for the club.he may not get 1 st team place but when he does get a chance he is a captain
dbinod
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: kompany

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:20 pm

ant london wrote:He does have some odd views at times but I'd actually prefer Micah back there than the current version of Dunnie

You mean the current version of Dunnie who has not shipped a goal this season?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby ant london » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:24 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
ant london wrote:He does have some odd views at times but I'd actually prefer Micah back there than the current version of Dunnie

Mate, I know you like Dunnie

I respect Dunne a massive amount. But I mean the current version who clocked up multiple red cards and own goals and individual goal-conceding errors last year. I've lost confidence in him and two Premiership clean sheets do not alter that. In the Blackburn match he could easily have been sent off and/or conceded a penalty for a wild lunge in the box in the second half. He's played well but, for me (as a first team starter) he is guaranteed points lost over the course of a season.

I want him gone, you don't. I won't persuade you to my way of thinking and you won't get me over to yours ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:25 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Don't trust him myself but equally don't see what he's done wrong so far that's worse than anyone else. The only really bad mistake in the last game was a botched clearence from Toure which he should have dealt with easily & almost cost us a goal.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:33 pm

ant london wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Mate, I know you like Dunnie

I respect Dunne a massive amount. But I mean the current version who clocked up multiple red cards and own goals and individual goal-conceding errors last year. I've lost confidence in him and two Premiership clean sheets do not alter that. In the Blackburn match he could easily have been sent off and/or conceded a penalty for a wild lunge in the box in the second half. He's played well but, for me (as a first team starter) he is guaranteed points lost over the course of a season.

I want him gone, you don't. I won't persuade you to my way of thinking and you won't get me over to yours ;-)

Ah fair enough...however the mass hysteria surrounding Dunne has mystified me...the first half of the season i'll be the first to admit he was piss poor. However...after his enforced break he came back strong. The guy is still relatively youngish and if O'Neil is sniffing round him he cannot be discounted as a poor player...I just get the feeling that if we get rid he will come back to haunt us
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum