Shaunie

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Shaunie

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:19 pm

New signings seem to be gathering all the headlines but I have to say that SWP has been in fantastic form in first two games.

SHAUNIE WRIGHT, WRIGHT, WRIGHT!!!!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Shaunie

Postby trout man » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Have to agree completely, I for one was doubting his ambition and form for this season and he has...to date...proven me wrong, and I am delighted. Hope he carries on this rich vein of form for the rest of season.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Twobob » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:01 pm

With all the new signings and the chance to bring in some quality, its great to see the homegrown tallent like SWP and Stevie coming through and not only keeping thier places but excelling.

Thought he went quiet a few times in the Blackburn game but none of that on Sat!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby kinkylola » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:31 pm

i agree that he has looked great.

where exactly is he playing though? is he in the middle with stevie infront of barry? He seems to be excelling but do you think playing in the center will take it's toll on him when we run up against teams who like to kick more? stoke, bolton etc... woudln't de jong or zabba or kompany when fit would be a better option in the mid?

like i said, can't fault any of his performances so far, just curious about those few questions. Love seeing shaunie do well.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Shegelu » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:44 pm

Exactly! I can't see where the SWP bashers are looking? He is much better out wide, but he's held his own much better than I'd expected in a more centre position.
Yo yo yo, TOP BANANA mate, tellin ya!
Shegelu
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:45 pm

He played most of his youth career in the position he's playing now or behind the front two & it was a sore point with me that Keegan & co made him play out wide when he'd had very little experience of crossing the ball. I think he'd've excelled in his present position if they'd had the guts let him play there rather than always sticking him out wide just because he's small.

With the current squad hopefully we can rest him & keep his energy levels up so he can be effective whenever & wherever he plays. He faded a bit last season.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lythamblue » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:15 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:New signings seem to be gathering all the headlines but I have to say that SWP has been in fantastic form in first two games.

SHAUNIE WRIGHT, WRIGHT, WRIGHT!!!!

Agreed. I also wondered about his future with all the new signings.

But, in the first two games I have not seen anything which would not signify that he is right up there with the best of them and it will take some performances from others to dislodge him from the starting line up.

At the moment, you couldn't drop him for anyone.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mike J » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:34 pm

was saying weeks ago he'd still be one of the 1st names on my team sheet. he is absolutely vital. no one else can give us thta kind of width and pace.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bluemoon man » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:35 pm

I've been really impressed with him - think he's his old self and looks to be linking up with ADE' realy well. With what he's been supplying ADE' with he could score a bag full.
bluemoon man
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: stephen Ireland

Postby branny » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:45 am

He's been great in both league games but I thought Vlad upstaged him in the Nou camp. Should keep him on his toes. win win situation
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:19 am

SWP what a guy.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Steve » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:09 am

Aye, top lad our Shaun
There's only one Antoine!
Steve

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:09 am

I was honestly worried about his ability to get/stay in the team after his second half of the season last campaign. He's started brilliantly but after his knee started giving him gyp his form became quite ordinary (not bad, but not amazing and certainly not good enough to keep the current members of the squad out of the team....Tevez, Bellamy....even maybe Weiss).

But he has been bloody brilliant so far. He was amazingly good on Saturday, really exciting on the ball but he was bloody EVERYWHERE as well.

I read a good report saying that it was pretty impossible to say what formation we were playing (and who played where) on Saturday and that effectively it was a 4-6 formation where all 6 of the non defensive players interchanged positions to a greater or lesser extent. Shaun was one of the most difficult of the 6 to play against I'd say as he really was drifting left/right/up and back. Great stuff.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:22 am

When you have a big squad of quality players there are bound to be a few who look around and think they might be one who will not make the team for the key games and be mainly a substitute. SWP might be one along with Bellamy, Nedum , Petrov and even De Jong and Kompany when fit. All we can hope is that they see it as a challenge and seek to perform even better when they get the chances which will inevitably come along. It seems to me SWP might fit that bill and so far he has played great and given the manager a great problem.
To be fair to Dunney he has done the same and dare I say it TBH has looked a little better too ( maybe that's stretching reality a little far) And I really dare to believe that the best challenge of all this is getting close as Michael Johnson gets nearer to fitness.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mrs Given » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:25 am

He also has an added incentive to score goals with the Wright Phillips versus Wright Phillips goal comp on soccer am. I am confident our boy will do it.

We will definitely be seeing him in South Africa next year, no one to touch him down the right.
Mrs Given
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:37 am

Mrs Given wrote:
We will definitely be seeing him in South Africa next year, no one to touch him down the right.

I think that is a (if you pardon the pun) given. Always gutted me that he missed out on Germany, he'd have been on the plane if he'd stayed at City for that season.

Amazing to think that MCFC will have:

SWP
Gareth Barry
Joleon Lescott
Wayne Bridge

all definitely (IMO) on that plane

I also think that Joe Hart will be going and, if he continues his renewed good form, I would be pretty confident that Micah can get his way back into the reckoning (I also don't think that the presence of some of his club defensive colleagues in the squad will do him any harm).
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:08 am

ant london wrote:
Mrs Given wrote:

I think that is a (if you pardon the pun) given. Always gutted me that he missed out on Germany, he'd have been on the plane if he'd stayed at City for that season.

Amazing to think that MCFC will have:

SWP
Gareth Barry
Joleon Lescott
Wayne Bridge

all definitely (IMO) on that plane

I also think that Joe Hart will be going and, if he continues his renewed good form, I would be pretty confident that Micah can get his way back into the reckoning (I also don't think that the presence of some of his club defensive colleagues in the squad will do him any harm).

For all the criticism he's been getting, I recon Micah's defending has been excellent barring 1 or 2 moments. He's getting back to what he was & will eventually move to CB imo. He looks so cumbersome on the ball though, I just can't see him playing in an England side managed by an Italian. If Pearce or some other traditional English donkey lover was in charge then no problem but Capello? He wants footballers.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Fish111 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:27 am

Mrs Given wrote: We will definitely be seeing him in South Africa next year, no one to touch him down the right.

I'm afraid that Capello seems to favour Walcott when he's even half fit. SWP will definately be going to S.Africa but i doubt we'll see much of him unfortunately.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:35 am

Fish111 wrote:
Mrs Given wrote: We will definitely be seeing him in South Africa next year, no one to touch him down the right.

I'm afraid that Capello seems to favour Walcott when he's even half fit. SWP will definately be going to S.Africa but i doubt we'll see much of him unfortunately.

Capello doesn't see SWP purely as a right winger though so he'll hopefully get some time on the pitch because he can swap positions. Hopefully Beckham will be seriously injured or shot before then anyway.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 am

He's always the first name on the teamsheet for me....then I remove him from goalkeeper and make him the 7th name down on the teamsheet. As good as he is, I don't think he'd be a superstar in goal.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum