Scousepool

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Scousepool

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:06 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Aquilani has some big boots to fill. I'm pretty certain he's not up to it.
I'm not sure he is either, especially if what he will be asked to do is to get back the ball. What Aquilani does best, proving he's fit, is a playmaker kind of role. And he has good timing for getting forward into scoring positions. I remember that with Roma he started the season three times in a row with superb performances and goals in the first few games of the season, before getting injured for months and basically disappearing from the pitch. I hope for him that the medical staff at Anfield can make him less injury prone or at least can make him heal faster than the Roma one.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:22 am

By his team selections, sales & signings, Rafa seems to be trying to make the job of managing Liverpool as difficult as humanly possible. This latest attempt, which seems to involve veiled criticisms of Gerrard & Carragher, will finally put the tin hat on it if he keeps it up.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:55 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Aquilani has some big boots to fill. I'm pretty certain he's not up to it.
I'm not sure he is either, especially if what he will be asked to do is to get back the ball. What Aquilani does best, proving he's fit, is a playmaker kind of role. And he has good timing for getting forward into scoring positions. I remember that with Roma he started the season three times in a row with superb performances and goals in the first few games of the season, before getting injured for months and basically disappearing from the pitch. I hope for him that the medical staff at Anfield can make him less injury prone or at least can make him heal faster than the Roma one.

The man is Darren Anderton/Claudio Reyna level sicknote. I watch about ten Roma games in a season and when he was fit he was decent, not world beater but decent, but he is hardly ever fit. And De Rossi provided perfect platform for him and Totti to do their their thing IN ITALY where the game is much slower (no offence) and not as much is needed from central midfielders fitness wise (but even more tactically).

I said it to my Scousepool supporting mate when they signed him that he is almost guaranteed to fail and could be Benitez ending as Liverpool manager. I also said to very same person after they'd won Chumps league that they'd never win the league with Benitez in charge. He is starting to agree with me now.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:59 am

I'm quite certain this Aquilani fella will join the extensive & honorary 'Roly White Society' for Serie A players failing lamentably in the Premier.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum