Scousepool

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Scousepool

Postby lythamblue » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Early days yet, they have only played 3 games and still have a decent squad with a couple of superstard thrown in for good measure who will change the face of many matches throughout the season.

Start wondering about their Champs league credentials if they are out of the top 4 come Christmas. I doubt that they will be though.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:15 pm

Craig Bardsley wrote:
SUPERMANuk wrote:not the usual liverpool then!
i think they'll struggle this year personally, definately not the 2nd place finish they got last season
but anyway go on villa! :)

Absolutely, this might be a knee-jerk reaction but surely Liverpool more than Arsenal are seemingly vulnerable to finishing out of the top 4 this season what with their financial concerns and lack of squad depth.

Chelsea look out on their own so far to me. Their players know each other better & they're still full strength. Rags looked just as bad as Scouse in their 1st two games imo. Not convinced by them just because of the Wigan result. Rooney will get crocked soon, then sent off. I'll be surprised if they don't get some bad results over the course of the season. This is going to be the most interesting PL season since it started imo as the top 4 are now a top 1 (Chelsea). The rest are iffy & even Chelsea could hit a bad spell. Lots of twists & turns to come.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Colin the King » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:48 pm

I don't think we can read too much into tonight's game- it's very easy to take the result in isolation and predict a team's downfall but Liverpool dominated in possession and didn't look completely use. They defended set pieces poorly and paid the price- Vila for their part defended exceptionally well and worked their socks off to get the result. It happens from time to time. West Brom and Middlesbrough both managed to beat us last season, in the end those results were insignificant though.

I'd absolutely love Liverpool to be the side we replace in the top four if it can't be the rags because it's both their fans (Phil fucking Thompson the glaring example) that have that horrible arrogance and exclusivity about their teams- personally I've not heard half as much moaning/bitterness from Arsenal or Chelsea fans, they actually seem more receptive to the idea of added competition.

It's certainly going to be an interesting season and looks as though anyone can beat anyone else on the day but I think come May the quality will have shined through and the six strongest sides (top four plus ourselves and Spurs) will make up the top six- the difficult bit is predicting where exactly.
Colin the King

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Steve » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:04 am

Id love it if Arsenal (if we can't) win the title this year, and stick it up to the new 'big 3' as they think they are.

I also love Keegan on espn. Thanks kev.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Fish111 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:36 am

Villa were very lucky apparently. Brad Friedel had a stormer. 24 shots at target for Liverpool with 11 on target compared to 11 shots for Villa with only 4 on target. 68% possession in scouses favour as well with twice as many corners won (10 to 4)

But, it's a game about goals and Villa won on the night but there's no doubt Liverpool will miss Alonso but they will still be firmly in the top 4 come the end of the season.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby King Kev » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:29 am

Liverpool have already lost the same number of games as in the entire 2008/9 season!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Patrick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:34 am

Exiled wrote:Last season they lost only twice and they've hit that already. Woooop woooop!!! hahahaha

Dont you ever read the thread

sheesh
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:09 am

That was funny, I always enjoy seeing them lose, and yesterday was no exception, that was only a MINIMUM of one minute signalled by the ref, then Reina decided to act the part of a spoilt kid, the ref added longer on, and still them daft spanish spicks expect an area of the pitch to score, they will be cannon fodder if we can get decent deliveries into the box when we play them, with Lescott and Barry that is a goal threat, as they don't watch or mark players.

The fat spanish waiter was doing his nut in on the touchline even more than the sideline jester, now THAT was funny.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:20 am

Always nice to see another team spontaneously combust. My next ten minutes may be on the Dippers' TEAMTALK site for amusement.

Can't wait to see that biased, conky twat Thomson on Soccer Saturday this week. He's so biased to them it's beyond all reason. Well - explain that one mate. Hahaha.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:11 am

maybe rafa can go back to his other casual job on a weekend!!!

Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:20 am

kinkylola wrote:i dont get villa buying downing. What are they going to do with young if downing gets the nod? what are they going to do with downing if young gets it? both are fighting for the exact same england spot, neither is going to be happy at this. Even if downing is injured until november or whenever. O'neill has been playing FM i think.

Young can use both feet, so i magine MoN will play him on the right. Along with his ability to "win" free-kicks in dangerous areas, Young's two-footedness is what makes him such a threat. Very difficult for a full-back to deal with is the winger that can go both sides of you and get a quality cross in either way.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Exiled » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:34 am

Patrick wrote:
Exiled wrote:Last season they lost only twice and they've hit that already. Woooop woooop!!! hahahaha

sheesh

It's practically the same message as that posted by King Kev just above your reply. Point??
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:39 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
kinkylola wrote:i dont get villa buying downing. What are they going to do with young if downing gets the nod? what are they going to do with downing if young gets it? both are fighting for the exact same england spot, neither is going to be happy at this. Even if downing is injured until november or whenever. O'neill has been playing FM i think.

Young can use both feet, so i magine MoN will play him on the right. Along with his ability to "win" free-kicks in dangerous areas, Young's two-footedness is what makes him such a threat. Very difficult for a full-back to deal with is the winger that can go both sides of you and get a quality cross in either way.

Perhaps he's also going to play Downing deeper sometimes in Barry's position. He's a decent grafter/tackler so he could potentially play that role.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Perhaps he's also going to play Downing deeper sometimes in Barry's position. He's a decent grafter/tackler so he could potentially play that role.

Aye, they've got some options. I would say Villa are still a serious threat to us.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:53 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Aye, they've got some options. I would say Villa are still a serious threat to us.

I can't see it myself this year mate, not unless they make a bunch of signings. Not convinced by that Anfield performance; Lverpool were poor at the back & wasteful at the front. If Villa could keep Carew fit for every game then it could be different but they've more chance of platting fog.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:56 am

It's funny the different mentality I have this season, in previous year's I'd of wanted Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool to win most of their games for the obivious reason.

Now I quite like it when they lose!
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:14 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:It's funny the different mentality I have this season, in previous year's I'd of wanted Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool to win most of their games for the obivious reason.

I've always found it difficult with Liverpool as I think they're a mirror image of the scumbags & absolutely despise them but obviously I needed them to win. Now I feel much more comfortable hoping they lose every week. It's like being back in the 70's.

I feel a bit guilty about wanting Arsenal to lose as I've admired them for years but that's life.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:22 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:It's funny the different mentality I have this season, in previous year's I'd of wanted Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool to win most of their games for the obivious reason.

I've always found it difficult with Liverpool as I think they're a mirror image of the scumbags & absolutely despise them but obviously I needed them to win. Now I feel much more comfortable hoping they lose every week. It's like being back in the 70's.

I feel a bit guilty about wanting Arsenal to lose as I've admired them for years but that's life.

I get around it by wanting us to win and everyone else to draw.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazby » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:08 pm

hahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahha
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby King Kev » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Exiled wrote:
Patrick wrote:

sheesh

It's practically the same message as that posted by King Kev just above your reply. Point??

Don't worry mate, he's having a pop at me, not you.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum