Warnock Backs City...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Warnock Backs City...

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:43 pm

CRYSTAL Palace boss Neil Warnock has hit back at the snipers who have criticised Manchester City’s spending spree.

Warnock’s cash-strapped side take on City in a televised Carling Cup tie on Thursday and although there will be a huge gulf in the value of both squads, there is no hint of jealousy from the man who will be in charge of the underdogs.

He said: “I just think it's fantastic personally.

“Man City fans have had it rough over the years and I think it's great the foreign owners have come in and supported a British manager.

“Everyone talks about the pressure he's under, but I think he'll be loving it.

“To be able to sign these quality players with the money he's got is exciting and good luck to him.”

Warnock also rejected the suggestion Manchester City’s wealth should be spread further down the football pyramid.

He explained: “Whose fault is it? Man City have got this buyer from wherever and good luck to him.

“It is only like Abramovic at Chelsea, isn't it?

“We wish we could get someone like that coming in.

“They've won the lottery and it's a great thing for the club and for Manchester because all of a sudden there's two teams in Manchester and looking from afar I think it's fantastic.”

Warnock is certainly not resigned to defeat on Thursday against the Premiership’s richest club, but did admit there would need to be a huge improvement in his side’s defending following Saturday’s 2-0 home defeat against Newcastle.

He said: “If we defend like we did in the first 15 minutes against Newcastle, I would think we'll be looking at double figures, so we know we can't defend like that to have any chance whatsoever of an upset.

“And we don't really want to be three or four nil down at half time, but it will be a good challenge to see if we can give a game to a team like that.

“If people don't listen to your instructions, are you going to stick with it or are you going to change it and play people who are going to listen to your instructions?"

He added: “We've got three or four youngsters who could get in most Premier League squads and it will give them an opportunity to see what they can do.

“When you look at Freddie Sears, Darren Ambrose and Victor Moses I think we've got people who can more than cause them problems.

“Obviously we need a bit of luck on the day because I was listening to Mick McCarthy on Saturday and they could have got 10.

“But having said that, Wolves could have equalised near the end, so that's what you need.

“You need a bit of luck against teams like this because they are going to create chances.”

Always liked Warnock because of his passion, so it's good to see that a proper football man is behind us imo.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Warnock Backs City...

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:47 pm

Top guy!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Jammie Dodger » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:59 pm

It's not so long ago when we were all slagging Warnock and his Sheff United team off for being thugs
[center]Image[/center]
Jammie Dodger
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:09 pm

That changes nothing. Warnock is a bell end and his sides play shit football.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby s1ty m » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:21 pm

warnock is a cock.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:27 pm

I must admit. I've always liked the guy to be honest. He amuses me in exactly the same way Jose does. He doesn't necessarily respect reputations (although sometimes he does) and he largely just calls it as he sees it. Sometimes it'll piss you off, othertimes, like this....he'll have you nodding in approval.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Putting my usual thoughts of him to one side, what a refreshing change for ANY manager to come out with comments like those about us. Good on him, I now would be prepared to accept them scoring one goal against us, as long as 7 go in at the correct end !!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:37 pm

would love to bag double digits against them. by all means please defend like you did in the first 15 vs newcastle!
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Fish111 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:44 pm

I love watching Warnock losing it on the touchline, he wears his heart on his sleeve and is always in the shit with the authorities. He may not be a very good manager at the top level but you got to admit he's a character.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:56 pm

He is a great character of the game, you can always tell cause he gets a reaction from people, good or bad.

Nice of him to throw some positive words our way, there has not been enough.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:10 pm

if i compare him vs. say Twitchy they are like Heat Miser and Cold Miser for me. Equally capable of offending Mother Nature, but on opposite ends of the spectrum.

i can't find anything endearing about Twitchy but Warnock i feel is the real artifact.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:12 pm

First time I've ever seen THAT headline in all the years he's been managing! Warnock on our side!!?? Jeebus.

What next? Moyes: "City fans are right, I'm a moaning, disfigured hypocritical little twat" ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:First time I've ever seen THAT headline in all the years he's been managing! Warnock on our side!!?? Jeebus.

What next? Moyes: "City fans are right, I'm a moaning, disfigured hypocritical little twat" ?

Hhaha.... Were ruining football . Next up Fergiescum " I'll be away now got new nieghbours in Cant live with em "
carolina-blue

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:26 pm

1925/1926 Sat 20 Feb Man. City 11 - 4 Crystal Palace F.A. Cup

i'll have a repeat of this please.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Twobob » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:33 pm

He's Still a Wanker
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:35 pm

The Man In Blue

Postby bluej » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:56 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/matt-lawrence/If-Man-City-thought-it-was-grim-at-Burnley-wait-til-they-see-what-we-ve-got-in-store-for-them-article131291.html

PRIZE NUMPTY!

I must have missed when we played Burnley away. Unless he's somehow confused them with Barca, he seems stupid enough.

With re. to Warnock, he's only doing what the likes of O'Neill have done, so to take the pressure of his own back. Not that they'll be expecting to get much from us.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby HeyMark » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:03 pm

Im sure btajim was over the bluemoon with this quote
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Make no mistake about it, Warnock has put out a team of Alehouse brawlers so many times it's not true.
However, I've always liked him. Anti Top Four, always ready to say it how he sees it. And believe it od not not, often ready with a common sense attitude.
Get's accused of moaning and bleating? Let's be honest, he's only saying what nearly every person on this forum has said about referees and Sky 4 bias at some point or other. Fair play to Warnock. I like him and always have.

On a side note. Remember when he got Notts Co up to the top division? Chelsea came knocking and Warnock showed loyalty and stayed, saying something along the lines of , "How can I leave now" When Notts inevitably got relegated, guess what...they sacked him!

Having said that Sheff U were a bloody disgrace under him!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Burt » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:14 pm

When we were in the doldrums of the 2nd and 3rd division, there were quite a few blues who wanted him as our manager. This guy's got a very, very good record of achievement and yes, he's a bit of a nutter but I've never been able to anything but admire him despite all his bust-ups with folk. He's the type of guy that would square up to Taggart behind closed doors and tell the twat to fucl off cos he's a clunt. Can't argue with that IMO.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum