Fighting at West Ham- Millwall

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fighting at West Ham- Millwall

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:06 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
CitizenYank wrote:Whenever you here the term football violence, the club Millwall always get thrown around.
Do they even care about how their actions damage their club's reputation???

Would like to see a personality profile of the typical Millwall fan.
Ex-Stranglers Roadie, used to run an Off-License, convicted rapist.

I am not so sure about West Ham. A movie was made called Green Street Hooligans,
fell asleep halfway through. It's about Frodo (Elijah Wood) going to visit his cousin in
London and getting the shit kicked out of him.

Apparently, it was right on the money!!

That is a truly shit film. The only thinger shitter than the film itself, is the 'acting' of that Geordie twat, trying to be cockney. Worst accent I've ever heard, fucl knows why they didn't just cast somebody from London. Or an actor who can actually talk like a southern twunt. But then they probably would've cast the king of all twats, Danny Dyer.

Have you seen gs2??? Fook me that is a shit film of the highest order!! What a load of bollox that was!
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:15 am

Dazzacity wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
CitizenYank wrote:Whenever you here the term football violence, the club Millwall always get thrown around.

I am not so sure about West Ham. A movie was made called Green Street Hooligans,
fell asleep halfway through. It's about Frodo (Elijah Wood) going to visit his cousin in

That is a truly shit film. The only thinger shitter than the film itself, is the 'acting' of that Geordie twat, trying to be cockney. Worst accent I've ever heard, fucl knows why they didn't just cast somebody from London. Or an actor who can actually talk like a southern twunt. But then they probably would've cast the king of all twats, Danny Dyer.

Have you seen gs2??? Fook me that is a shit film of the highest order!! What a load of bollox that was!

It also had this tit as one of the top boys.
Worst casting ever? i think its up there.

Slim kicking off so back on topic,mere mortals.
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:15 am

Dazzacity wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

Have you seen Step it Up 2:The Streets? Blew my mind how realistic that was.

Someone was stabbed and the thread has turned to the acting of elijah woods vs danny dyer? Awesome.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:21 am

Slim wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

Have you seen Step it Up 2:The Streets? Blew my mind how realistic that was.

Someone was stabbed and the thread has turned to the acting of elijah woods vs danny dyer? Awesome.

Lol..This could be on its way to being one of the best threads EVER!!!!

Gs2 though. Play a football match and the winners get released.What the fook!! The prison cracked me up, was like a prison you would get in the states.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:21 am

>>>At most, fighting with like minded people.

This is such a myth. In the 80's I went to a lot of away games. And at nearly every one you had to come up with a cunning plan for your exit from the ground without having the shit kicked out of you. I had a particulalrly testing time at Upton Park in 1981, where it took til seven o'clock to finally round up all the people in our party after being ambushed 200 yards after Upton Park tube station. I was fifteen years old and eight stone ringing wet. I don't remember any of the twenty odd lads chasing me and two other lads down the street if we were 'like minded'. Nobody asked, "Excuse me young fellow me lad, some of my friends and I from the East End were wondering if you would like to settle a score over our different allegiances with a bout of fisticuffs, would you care to partake?" No I remember hearing footsteps running and fucking huge chains rattling about that were presumably intended for wrapping round my napper. Chelsea, Scouse 1 and 2, Cardiff, Leeds were other venues where this choice was not offered. Bizarrely at Millwall I had no problems whatsoever.

But I really don't get this, "you're plain stupid if you take the wife and kids" bit. I'll go to whatever match I see fit, with who I see fit. In modern times it really isn't the same problem, but nevertheless, we can not give in to thugs, hoolies and no marks. I love City, I love going to the game and so does my lad...We're going!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:21 am

Svensational wrote:I would've loved to be in the middle of them brawls on Tuesday aint that right Bingo & Burt? Your with me on that one arnt you? Come on back the ginger lad up!!

Don't make me give you another Blackpool pasting.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:35 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:>>>At most, fighting with like minded people.

This is such a myth. In the 80's I went to a lot of away games. And at nearly every one you had to come up with a cunning plan for your exit from the ground without having the shit kicked out of you. I had a particulalrly testing time at Upton Park in 1981, where it took til seven o'clock to finally round up all the people in our party after being ambushed 200 yards after Upton Park tube station. I was fifteen years old and eight stone ringing wet. I don't remember any of the twenty odd lads chasing me and two other lads down the street if we were 'like minded'. Nobody asked, "Excuse me young fellow me lad, some of my friends and I from the East End were wondering if you would like to settle a score over our different allegiances with a bout of fisticuffs, would you care to partake?" No I remember hearing footsteps running and fucking huge chains rattling about that were presumably intended for wrapping round my napper. Chelsea, Scouse 1 and 2, Cardiff, Leeds were other venues where this choice was not offered. Bizarrely at Millwall I had no problems whatsoever.

But I really don't get this, "you're plain stupid if you take the wife and kids" bit. I'll go to whatever match I see fit, with who I see fit. In modern times it really isn't the same problem, but nevertheless, we can not give in to thugs, hoolies and no marks. I love City, I love going to the game and so does my lad...We're going!

Again, I think people are reading that the wrong way. I didnt say they wasnt welcome but more to the fact that they should put the safty of themselves and their children ahead of a football match which was always going to spill over into trouble. The truth be told, you would have had to have been silly or clueless to go on a family outing to such a game and the scenes the other night proved that.Thats just a sad fact.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:41 am

Dazzacity wrote:

Again, I think people are reading that the wrong way. I didnt say they wasnt welcome but more to the fact that they should put the safty of themselves and their children ahead of a football match which was always going to spill over into trouble. The truth be told, you would have had to have been silly or clueless to go on a family outing to such a game and the scenes the other night proved that.Thats just a sad fact.

It's not a fact at all. I've taken my son to Cardiff, West ham, Leeds and both Scouse grounds. I've never left him behind for a home game against a club where there was a chance of a bit of argey bargey. E.g. A couple of years ago when we played Brum, and everybody knew that their fabled Zulus were all coming out for a birthday bash or some such nonsense, did you change your plans for the game? No, me neither and it would have never crossed my mind to do so. Was everybody who brought their kids or nearest and dearest that day stupid? No they weren't. They simply went to the match.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:49 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:

It's not a fact at all. I've taken my son to Cardiff, West ham, Leeds and both Scouse grounds. I've never left him behind for a home game against a club where there was a chance of a bit of argey bargey. E.g. A couple of years ago when we played Brum, and everybody knew that their fabled Zulus were all coming out for a birthday bash or some such nonsense, did you change your plans for the game? No, me neither and it would have never crossed my mind to do so. Was everybody who brought their kids or nearest and dearest that day stupid? No they weren't. They simply went to the match.

I was at that Brum game and was totally clueless as to their plans. I dont have kids of my own but have a little nephew that Im tryin to turn into a City fan. If I knw a game would kick of in the scale of the other night there would be no way Id take him to a game and id never forgive myslef if he was hurt. Im sure scenes like at Brum could easily be avoided by sitting in the correct parts of the stadium. This wouldnt have helped by lookin at the scenes from the other night as it was all over the shop and more so, outside the ground. Im also sure word had got about on how bad the scenes will be way before ko.Having heard these warnings and 'plans' Id in no way take a small child.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:49 am

I had to be involved in so many fights in the 70's I wouldn't know where to start but I didn't actually want to be in any of them; I just wanted to watch City. As a young teenage kid, I went down Anfield Rd with scouse blokes on 3 sides kicking me in the back of the head & puching me in the side of the face (none from in front bizarrely enough even though I had no chance-wankers) if I'd gone down I reconed I was probably dead. I just went to watch a football match. The police looked away. There was nothing like-minded about it; I was a kid, they weren't. I had to fight my way back to the coach after the game, through Liverpool & Everton fans whilst being sworn at by middle aged bus drivers etc. Cowardly scum.

It kicked off with the rags every time, always when there were lots more of them than us. Cowardly scum. Most away games it kicked off somewhere, occasionally you got away without seeing any of it.

As a kid I didn't see much honour or glamour in any of it; just survival. A price to pay for the pleasure of seeing City play.It's something that could've been stopped then, yet it's still happening now.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:56 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

I had to be involved in so many fights in the 70's I wouldn't know where to start but I didn't actually want to be in any of them; I just wanted to watch City. As a young teenage kid, I went down Anfield Rd with scouse blokes on 3 sides kicking me in the back of the head & puching me in the side of the face (none from in front bizarrely enough even though I had no chance-wankers) if I'd gone down I reconed I was probably dead. I just went to watch a football match. The police looked away. There was nothing like-minded about it; I was a kid, they weren't. I had to fight my way back to the coach after the game, through Liverpool & Everton fans whilst being sworn at by middle aged bus drivers etc. Cowardly scum.

It kicked off with the rags every time, always when there were lots more of them than us. Cowardly scum. Most away games it kicked off somewhere, occasionally you got away without seeing any of it.

As a kid I didn't see much honour or glamour in any of it; just survival. A price to pay for the pleasure of seeing City play.It's something that could've been stopped then, yet it's still happening now.

Amen Ted.
That's how it was for me. I was a nipper who just loved City and wanted to go to the games.
I was a dot of a thing and have always been a lover rather than a fighter.
If you wanted to go, that was what you had to endure.
No honour, no like minded fans getting together, just a bunch of cunts looking to twat somebody when the odds were heavily stacked in their favour.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby one man army » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:32 pm

thanks for all stories, short but good read. any ideas for decent british ultras/hooligans sites? would be great to read some more crazy stories from darker times.
ŁÓDZKI 1908 KLUB 2015 SPORTOWY
107 years and counting...
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE! ŁKS NIGDY NIE ZGINIE!
one man army
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ŁKS & MCFC
My favourite player is: Bodzio W.

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum