dunne to villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: dunne to villa

Postby trout man » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:44 pm

edge275 wrote:
trout man wrote:
edge275 wrote:I am happy he's gone. He is deadwood to City now.

He has done great for us in the past but would be a passenger with us if we carried on with him.

Its strange that a highly competent manager (O'Neil) would want to take City's 'deadwood' but I guess he must be an idiot. Would be ironic if Villa finish above us in the table this year. I am sad to see Richard Dunne leave our club but I am glad he is going to a good club and manager and I hope he enjoys the rest of his career with Villa.

Best of luck in everything you do Richard and thanks for being an inspiration to people to get out of their ruts and do something with their life. You will be missed.

It is of my opinion that Dunne is a bag of shite.

I am delighted he's been shipped out.

Edge you are entitled to your opinion as am I, I am delighted you are delighted. I hope that your appreciation for our club has increased now that we have got rid of that 'bag of shite'. I wish I was as true and respectful a fan as you....we can all aspire to greatness but some just achieve it naturally and you, Edge are a natural...you were born with IT.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:48 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
edge275 wrote:It is of my opinion that Dunne is a bag of shite.

NO WAY

i had you down as a dunne-loving hugheslicker all this time! silly me.

Wouldn't that make him actually supportive of Hughes?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby blackburnblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Hope those of you who have slagged him off week in week out are happy now.
Personally I think he has been a fantastic servant of this football club and one of the most passionate players to pull on the sky blue shirt.
Yes he made mistakes from time to time but which player doesn't?
In my book he will go down as one of the best centre halves we have had-and i can go back over 50 years.
Most of us will miss you Dunnie-you were a credit to MCFC and you will always get a special cheer when you play here.
GOOD LUCK MATE-YOU DESERVE IT.
blackburnblue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Elvistheblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:53 pm

I think it's sad to see any player leave, but it's more so when they have been at the club for 9 years (Is it really that long??).

In reality though, Dunnie is never going to be a championship winning centre half for anyone, so we had to let him go if we are going to be challenging at the top.

Sad day, but he'll soon be forgotten....especially if our new centre halfs do as well as we all hope.
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby smurfsdabomb » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Hughes will live to regret this move.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby irblinx » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:16 pm

I'd love to wish you luck Dunney but I don't want Villa to do well so I'll just wish you well in your personal life and your international career. Been an excellent servant to the club over the years and you deserve to be playing first team football which isn't going to happen here any more
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Shame I was hoping he'd do ten years, (Not in a Joey kind of way you understand) its rare for a player to stay at one club so long these days. And Dunnie deserved to be here for the good times. I thought he was worth a place, certainly in the squad, but life moves on.
I have to admit that I was a tad pissed off last year watching him walking off the park again, with our chances going with him.

We've brought in better is the reality though.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:34 pm

I wonder who your next target will be.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:41 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:Hughes will live to regret this move.

Great insight,cheers.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby HeyMark » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Can understand the decision but really sad to see him go. He's been a big part of this team, cost us games but has saved us in a whole lot more!

Always gave 100% for this team!

All the best dunne!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby edge275 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:57 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

I wonder who your next target will be.

Anyone who isn't good enough to be where MCFC is heading. You should try it sometime instead of being all sentimental like a little nursery boy who's lost his favourite teddy bear.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Trautmann » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Just finished watching the Palace game. By now it should be clear that we are having problems at the at the back and they are not caused by Dunnie. And no, I'm not a blind sentimentalist.
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby david yearsley » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:07 pm

The problems are quite clearly trying to get midfield and defence working together as a unit and getting behind the ball and covering - the two lines are miles apart at times and this allows too much space
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Blue2 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:When I heard about this deal, I was a bit mythed that we would actually let Dunney go to Villa and now the deal is nearly done I'm now a bit annoyed. Not with Dunney because I feel he has every right to demand first team football, but to the club for leaving him no option to move and the fact that he is going to one of our rivals; hell, why not just give him to Moyes on a free! And to be honest, I don't think Toure or Lescott are any better than Dunne is.

For me, Dunney will be sorely missed in and around the club and with 9 years of service, he's proved himself to be one of our own.

Good Luck with Villa big man, but just remember where your home is when we come to play you!

LEGEND!!!

Beefy, you can't really believe that. Dunne is well passed his best and was never that great anyway. Great commitment no doubt. Toure and Lescott are twice the player Dunne ever was.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:09 pm

I think there will be teething problems with only one defender having more than a season at the club. Give it some time, Lescott has been to one training session...a bit of time will be needed.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Haz » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:11 pm

Trautmann wrote:Just finished watching the Palace game. By now it should be clear that we are having problems at the at the back and they are not caused by Dunnie. And no, I'm not a blind sentimentalist.

At last someone speaking some sense.
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby edge275 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:13 pm

Slim wrote:I think there will be teething problems with only one defender having more than a season at the club. Give it some time, Lescott has been to one training session...a bit of time will be needed.

On the money Slim.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:16 pm

We are quick to jump on players but blimey, 24 hours in a club must be new world record.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Chinners » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:21 pm

Bad move imo but if Dunnies agreed and get regualar footie can't blame him . . . . looks like he still won't have to worry about european footie this season either
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:23 pm

Chinners wrote:Bad move imo but if Dunnies agreed and get regualar footie can't blame him . . . . looks like he still won't have to worry about european footie this season either

Mate we had just as good a defender sat in the Studio tonight watching the game plus the ex U21 captain on the bench with Richards who can also play there and a very Promising Mee and McGivern sat in the stands.
Dunnie has to go for his own career.
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum