dunne to villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: dunne to villa

Postby razor400 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:23 pm

Do you think its to late to get him back and give them Richards instead?
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby edge275 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:24 pm

I wonder when the original special one will awake from his coma after reading this news.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Chinners » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:26 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Chinners wrote:Bad move imo but if Dunnies agreed and get regualar footie can't blame him . . . . looks like he still won't have to worry about european footie this season either

Mate we had just as good a defender sat in the Studio tonight watching the game plus the ex U21 captain on the bench with Richards ant eh very Promising Mee and McGivern sat in the stands.
Dunnie has to go for his own career.

Yeah appreciate all that, it's just sods law we'll get 3 of those injured in the next two games . . . . that sod has alot to answer for
Last edited by Chinners on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Blue2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:When I heard about this deal, I was a bit mythed that we would actually let Dunney go to Villa and now the deal is nearly done I'm now a bit annoyed. Not with Dunney because I feel he has every right to demand first team football, but to the club for leaving him no option to move and the fact that he is going to one of our rivals; hell, why not just give him to Moyes on a free! And to be honest, I don't think Toure or Lescott are any better than Dunne is.

For me, Dunney will be sorely missed in and around the club and with 9 years of service, he's proved himself to be one of our own.

Good Luck with Villa big man, but just remember where your home is when we come to play you!

LEGEND!!!

Beefy, you can't really believe that. Dunne is well passed his best and was never that great anyway. Great commitment no doubt. Toure and Lescott are twice the player Dunne ever was.

The truth is, yes I do really believe it mate. Don't get me wrong, they are quality players, but a step above, I'm not to sure about. Dunne for me was class when he had a decent pairing, but once he had to look after the kids next to him went a little wayward. Toure and Lescott are too similar a player for me, players who want to play from the back but who are prone to being caught out.

The only difference now is that at least we will have a stable CB pairing, and a pairing who can at least get a couple of goals from set pieces. This alone should be a good thing for us, although I personnally could see this with a Toure/Dunne pairing.

Only time will tell.
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:28 pm

edge275 wrote:I wonder when the original special one will awake from his coma after reading this news.

He's not in Coma, he is official match thread in villatalk slagging off Cuellar and Curtis Davies.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:28 pm

Vinny could play that hard as nails get it out at all cost role,i saw him make so many last ditch tackles last season it was untrue.
Dont forget Vinny has got go go gadget legs.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby edge275 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:29 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
edge275 wrote:I wonder when the original special one will awake from his coma after reading this news.

He's not in Coma, he is official match thread in villatalk slagging off Cuellar and Curtis Davies.

LMAO!!!!!!
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby OhDannyBoy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Good luck big man, and dont listen to some of the halfwit d**kheads on here..

Youve been a big player for us, and its a shame you aint gonna see the good times.

Good luck at villa and i hope you get thier captains armband..
OhDannyBoy
Superman's Underpants

Postby irblinx » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:32 pm

At least he won't have to worry about any tiring European trips :o)
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby irblinx » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:28 pm

Incidentally, I hope someone has taped tonight's City match for Dunney as the rousing rendition of his song was great to hear, gone but never forgotten
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Grob » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:35 pm

Joined in chanting his name tonight. I dont want him to go. I want him to stay and fight for a place and if he isnt good enough then he can go in Januay or next summer.

Must be a blow though, being the club captain and haveing better plaers come in and take your place.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Grob wrote:Joined in chanting his name tonight. I dont want him to go. I want him to stay and fight for a place and if he isnt good enough then he can go in Januay or next summer.

Must be a blow though, being the club captain and haveing better plaers come in and take your place.

I think we've dropped a bollock letting him go this soon after seeing them tonight. A gradual changeover would've been much wiser. Just hope they click very very quickly.

Agree it must be an awful feeling to see players coming in who are obviously better after being the main man for so long. Great to hear the fans singing his name though. Hope he heard it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bobby brows » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:22 am

wished he'd wait til next summer so we can give him a proper send off with a testimonial!

he'll be missed by those who recognise what he's done for the club

and he'll now be lauded by sky as the man who walked away from the money!

A man who despite the sendings off, own goals and near sacking has always maintained his dignity, thanks and good luck
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:59 am

at the end of the day, to be honest, this is what it is. FACT.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby zuricity » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:03 am

Sometimes, you know you need to take time making a decision.

It's been just perfect timing for Dunnie. WTF would he want to go to Villa now that they have been knocked out in the Europa league qualies ?

It's only takes a bad result for Ireland next week and it's goodbye South Africa. At least staying at City means a testimonial and crazy as it sounds a chance to prove himself in a team that is supposed to be going places.

Still earning big bucks .....

With an owner that can guarantee the wages week in week out ( how will Villa get on now ?).

Obvious choice for me..... bite the bullit and prove the manager wrong....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wooders » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:12 am

I am quite sad, its the end of an era for a true city legend. Thanks for the memories and efforts Richard.

But

I think even the most ardent dunne supporter would admit that his city career was starting to stagnate a little bit, toure, Ned and lescott are better all round players, if not better defenders - and when a players career starts to stagnate, sadly the best move is to have a change of scenery and this is whats happened here
Also, a rotation of Neddy, Kolo and lescott is always gonna be a better bet looking forward imo
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Colin the King » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:54 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Funniest thing I've ever read!

Anyway, there's not an awful lot I can say that hasn't already been covered, except to add my thanks and appreciation to Richard for many, many years of dedication, steel and unparalleled spirit. It's the timing of it all that was unfortunate- to have a poor season at the same time the club is taken over and pushing forward must be a bitter pill to swallow for Dunnie and I'm sure he's wondering how things could have worked out differently- I don't say this with any sentimentality, it's just a fact, that at his best (Liverpool at home in '07 sticks in the memory) he was among the elite defenders in the Premier League. An absolute colossus. For one reason or another though, he was a shadow of that colossus when perhaps it mattered most and ultimately paid the price. In saying that, he's going to a fantastic club in Villa, with supporters (almost as) warm as our own and will still be competing at the right end of the table I think.

While the Richard Dunne we saw between January 2008-May 2009 was disappointing to say the least, let's not forget the many years of service before it. Let's not forgot that this guy played a huge part in saving us from the despair of relegation and I suppose, ironically, played a part in Manchester City actually being equipped to bring the Toure's and Lescott's here at all. I dread to think that five years from now, Eastlands will be packed with thousands of new faces who won't even know the Dunny Monster played for our club once upon a time, nor what he achieved. I can't wait to go to Villa Park in October and I hope, with 3,000 others alongside me, give him the appreciation he deserves.

Here, there, every fucking where!

All the best Richard.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Chopper » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:59 am

Sad day for me. There was a time when Dunne was one of the few bright sparks in a very dim squad. I still shudder when I think that we actually had Thatcher.

All the best Richard.

Thank you.
Chopper

My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Burt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:56 am

All the best Dunnie Monster and thanks for your loyalty and commitment. You have been a very important part in our recent history and without question, you will have a great reception when you next come back to COMS.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:00 am

Not gone anywhere yet!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum