dunne to villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: dunne to villa

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:03 am

john@staustell wrote:Not gone anywhere yet!

True, I'm sure he will only agree to a move if MON says he's first choice centre back, which may not be the case. Maybe he wanted Europe to and they've lost that now. hehe.

I am slightly disappointed that Dunne hasn't got the fight to stay and push for a first team slot. Fully understandable though, I guess he knows in his own heart he isn't good enough for where City are going. Shame.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Original Dub » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 am

Very sad day if he does go and it certainly looks that way. Some mong tried to say he wasn't good enough back up for a top six side! Then again, their opinion isn't held in too high a regard...

Anyway, club legends are few and far between and although cityfans.net's equivelant to the rag's '99rs, treats the man with absolutely no respect, the appreciation from the hardcore fans in this thread is overwhelming and that's nice to see.

Oh and Distin is a better defender?

No fucking way.
Original Dub

Postby Dronny » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:30 am

If it is to be au revoir Dunnie, then I wish you all the best for a new career at the Villa and thanks for the memories, far,far better ones than the odd bad one.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wooders » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:40 am

sounds as if he may have rejected Villa's initial offer - O'Neill has said there is "a long way to go" before they sign him
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:42 am

Wooders wrote:sounds as if he may have rejected Villa's initial offer - O'Neill has said there is "a long way to go" before they sign him

He's gonna have to take a big pay cut to move so I guess it's "agent time" so they could make it drag on over the weekend to make Villa even more desperate to up the wages and signing on fee.

So glad we did all our business at the start of the end rather than the last weekend when agents can use time against the club.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Twobob » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:47 am

Dont think he's desperate to move yanno and recon that this is goinna be hard for him but he knows that this is going to be his last big move and he'll want to get the best.

Being selfish I hope he stays on at least for his testimonial - but what ever is best for Dunnie will be OK with me.

Love the guy and I've apreciated EVERYTHING that he's done for City over the years - without him we'd have been so much worse off than we were!

Shame some people can only remember the fuck ups - I can remember the good times!

Good Luck Dunnie Monster!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:50 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Wooders wrote:sounds as if he may have rejected Villa's initial offer - O'Neill has said there is "a long way to go" before they sign him

He's gonna have to take a big pay cut to move so I guess it's "agent time" so they could make it drag on over the weekend to make Villa even more desperate to up the wages and signing on fee.

So glad we did all our business at the start of the end rather than the last weekend when agents can use time against the club.

That's probably it; Dunne's wages, whilst not in the Robinho catagory, will be huge by Villa's standards & taking a pay cut may not be to his liking. Perhaps they'll offer him bonuses based on league position etc. Not on success in Europe though obviously.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CitizenYank » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:13 pm

I realize he has had some fuck ups, recently. But I still love his grit and determination.
Was my favorite Blue for quite a while, until the tantrums.

:(( Have to say this, but I think it stinks.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby rick1894citizen » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:50 pm

Is this done yet? As alot have said would of prefered him to stay and fight for the shirt and also let Lescott get used to team-mates and vice versa as it's throwing him in a already newish defence, hopefully it all settles quick as by my reckoning they will only have 1 more training session before sunday, so 2 sessions isn't ideal.

If he goes then good luck to him, always been a fav and despite the cock up's is a legend.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:03 pm

"With all transfers, there are issues to look at, with Richard there's obviously his spell at Manchester City and he's got one or two things to iron out there. I think those are the things that are being taken into consideration as we speak."

This is what MON has said today. He must be looking for a nice payoff from City. Players don't do testimonials anymore they just have a loyalty payoff clause in their contracts. :-(
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ian494 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:07 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
"With all transfers, there are issues to look at, with Richard there's obviously his spell at Manchester City and he's got one or two things to iron out there. I think those are the things that are being taken into consideration as we speak."

This is what MON has said today. He must be looking for a nice payoff from City. Players don't do testimonials anymore they just have a loyalty payoff clause in their contracts. :-(

I'd agree, if Dunne didn't ask for the transfer he would be eligible for compensation on the remander of his contract.

I belive he has 3 years left at £50k per week, so quite a pot to negotiate!!
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:20 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:at the end of the day, to be honest, this is what it is. FACT.

cheers

end of.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beanieboy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:25 pm

ian494 wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:

I'd agree, if Dunne didn't ask for the transfer he would be eligible for compensation on the remander of his contract.

I belive he has 3 years left at £50k per week, so quite a pot to negotiate!!

I don't, how i understand city aren't forcing him out...they have given Villa permission to make him an offer, i don't think the club would be upset to keep him,...it's not like we're going bankrupt if we don't get the 6mil. or whatever it is for Dunne,...if he's looking for a big payoff then fook it, might as well just pay his wages for the next 3 years then....i feel City have been respectful and generous in giving him the choice between staying and fighting for his place or moving on if he feels that is necessary...if he wants a fat cheque he should discuss a signing on fee with villa,......otherwise he is just as big a moneygrabbing bastard as lescott (sorry smurfsdawum made me add that last bit)
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazby » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:40 am

Dunneymonster, I know you read this board. What true blue doesn't? Stay at least until January mate. See what happens. You know it makes sense.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:20 am

If Richard Dunne reads this blog.............. Well Rich baby, kick ass with Hughes . stay and make the bugger learn how to apologise.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum