Parking at the ground

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Parking at the ground

Postby thegoatfeeder » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:02 pm

Just thought I would enquire here before I ring the club tomorrow because I am not sure what the exact situation is and I can't find anything on the site.

Basically I have been going to COMS for a while, and been going with a friend who parks in an apartment complex just opposite the ground, and we walk about 5mins down the canal and up to the stadium, he has a permit to park there from a friend so it works out pretty well, since I am semi disabled and therefore unable to walk much further to get to games.

This season however I have a season ticket and thought we would be parking in the regular place, however it turns out we don't have access to the permit this year to park at the apartments. For the Wolves game we parked a way away and just saw how we got on, it wasn't the easiest thing and I realised I would have to find a good alternative.

I know parking in the stadium is free with a blue badge, however I am not entitled to this since Social Security don't deem me "disabled enough" (I wont be getting into this here, but its a total injustice).

So I was wondering if anyone knew whether it was possible to pay for a parking pass at the ground for the season or whether its all for hospitaity and blue badge holders, and if so how much this would cost?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Re: Parking at the ground

Postby micraman235 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:38 am

Parking is NOT free if you have a blue badge, in the main car park (at the side), and the numberd Dissabled bay's can be bought for a season, when one becomes available, you have to put your name down for one.
last season it was about £90 a season.

Blue badge parking is free inside the stadium (no not on the pitch......) for none 1st team football ect and other events, But not Music gigs ect.

I tend only to take the car on week nite cup matches (against the fence is for BB holders only)

But thankfully I can manage the bus, so I do not intend to pay for a parking bay....

I am dissabled, so thats how I know, if anyone knows better for this season, please tell me.
micraman235
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby sweenyuk » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:41 am

Parking is free for disabled, but you have to be on Disability Living Allowance to get a free pass, which I am guessing you are not on, if you do not have a Blue Badge. Anyone who is disabled should speak with the ticket office and they will sort you out. Kevin is the main man in there.
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby thegoatfeeder » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:45 am

Am in the process of applying for the Living Allowance, but for this season I have just paid for the parking permit split between me and my flatmate. Will be parking in either the North Car Par (I assume the big one by the gas towers), or the East car park, not so sure where that one is!

Thanks for the help anyway guys.
thegoatfeeder

Postby micraman235 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:05 am

This Is interestig......

I am on DLA ect, and as I said, I have alway's paid for my parking...

So It would seem we have a differance of opinion here, I have the season ticket the Photo ID ect ect, so It's not like the club dont have me on record...

Interesting.....
micraman235
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby thegoatfeeder » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:14 am

Might be worth giving them a call, the number I was asked to ring was 01614387747, it didn't seem to be the ticket office.
thegoatfeeder

Postby sweenyuk » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:16 am

micraman235 wrote:This Is interestig......

I am on DLA ect, and as I said, I have alway's paid for my parking...

So It would seem we have a differance of opinion here, I have the season ticket the Photo ID ect ect, so It's not like the club dont have me on record...

Interesting.....

I think they some times play dumb and just assume that because you have never asked for a parking space, you don't need one. Ring the ticket office 08700 621894 option 2 then 1, tell them you are a disabled season ticket holder and you need a disabled parking space. You should be issued with a reserved space on North Car Park 1 free of charge. I even managed to get them to put a dropped kerb in there for us to aide gettin from the car to the ground last season, so they really do look after us disabled types quite well. Any issues ask to speak with either Kevin in the ticket off ice or Danny Wilson (Head of Supporters Experience). My parking pass did not arrive in time for the Celtic game, so Danny drove all the way to my house to personally deliver it for me...
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum