has Noel Gallagher been asked to be a celebrity spokesperson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

has Noel Gallagher been asked to be a celebrity spokesperson

Postby Wooders » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 pm

for the club?
He's done a fair few interviews and it looked as if he was a guest of honour at the weekends game - now he's cropped up on the website.
Looks to me like he may have been approached by the club to be more vocal - great advert for city imo
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: has Noel Gallagher been asked to be a celebrity spokesperson

Postby micraman235 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:54 am

I did have to laugh at what he said at the end of MOTD/2 at the weekend.

Funny man (shame he can't sing though).
micraman235
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby irblinx » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:05 am

Noel has been the media's go to man for comments about anything City related for years. They know that they will always get something printable from him so it's no surprise that he's done a load of interviews. I think the club have reached out to certain celebrity fans in the past and are doing that even more so at the moment to make sure that that we also retain the cool image
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby saulman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:12 am

We've got a totally revamped marketing department nowadays. When a popular celebrity chooses to endorse your brand publicly, you'd be daft not to let them. I doubt very much that Scouse1 will be using Kerry Katona to the same effect.

If they're really going to be using these celebrities to drum up publicity for the club then what I'd like to see is a cagefight to the death between Ricky Hatton and Mick Hucknall.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Fish111 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:41 pm

Why don't they ever interview Liam live then?? Would be more interesting than Noel Lol.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:42 pm

I fucking hope not...I don't care if they are big City fans...I can't stand both of the Gallagher tossers
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:49 pm

I love the fact as soon as some cunt's a millionaire, they get free entry to everything going.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Craig B » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:50 pm

I prefer Eddie Large - remember when he used to sit in the dug-out in the 70s! Imagine that happening now! ;-)
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:54 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I fucking hope not...I don't care if they are big City fans...I can't stand both of the Gallagher tossers

Noel can be funny but Liam is right tosser. And they haven't put anything decent out in about fifteen years now.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I fucking hope not...I don't care if they are big City fans...I can't stand both of the Gallagher tossers

Noel can be funny but Liam is right tosser. And they haven't put anything decent out in about fifteen years now.

I missed the boat with the whole Oasis thing...suppose i'm pre Oasis...stand them up against the Stone Roses and they are nothing but shite and noise
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Rae4685 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Oasis are Awesome!!! Prefer Noel to liam tbh his songs are always the better and he doesnt bounce about like a T**T!
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Crossie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Noel is a funny bastard, they both are, you just have to realise the media hyped them up so much and made Liam into some bad boy rocker. He is a soft shit really.

Always good to hear from Noel, a real mans fan.

Think its just because Noel was at the Wolves game, he was probably in a good mood and gave opportunity to lots of different branches of the press to get interviews and quotes
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:06 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I missed the boat with the whole Oasis thing...suppose i'm pre Oasis...stand them up against the Stone Roses and they are nothing but shite and noise

Oh absolutely. I'd say even Second Coming (=badly underrated) is miles better than anything Oasis has ever put out.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beeks » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:15 pm

Crossie wrote:made Liam into some bad boy rocker.

I don't think anyone thinks of him as that...

Most people just think he's a twat...me included
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby lythamblue » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 pm

I have to agree entirely with Saulman.

Effectively he is endorsing brand 'Man City', I presume for free and the Club would have to mad not to jump on it.

Think about it .... how much would some companies be prepared to pay to have him go on global TV and tell people how much he loves their product?

He may be a knob at times (not as bad as his brother), but judging by concert sell outs and album sales he does represent poular culture.

We need more like him ..... as Bernard Manning and Les Battersby didn't really do a lot for our 'cool' appeal.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby saulman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:55 pm

lythamblue wrote:We need more like him ..... as Bernard Manning and Les Battersby didn't really do a lot for our 'cool' appeal.

Oh dear. Imagine Cookys face when they wheel Les Battersby in pissed-up and still crying his eyes out from that homeless stint on the telly.

With regards celeb fans, isn't Freddy Flintoff a blue? ....or did I dream that one.

...and hasn't Ricky Hatton been meeting Muhammad Ali today? Surprised Cooky didn't see an opportunity there to go global by gatecrashing the event and handing him a shirt.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 pm

saulman wrote:
lythamblue wrote:We need more like him ..... as Bernard Manning and Les Battersby didn't really do a lot for our 'cool' appeal.

Oh dear. Imagine Cookys face when they wheel Les Battersby in pissed-up and still crying his eyes out from that homeless stint on the telly.

With regards celeb fans, isn't Freddy Flintoff a blue? ....or did I dream that one.

...and hasn't Ricky Hatton been meeting Muhammad Ali today? Surprised Cooky didn't see an opportunity there to go global by gatecrashing the event and handing him a shirt.

Ali is like the American Dalai Lama. Not even Cook has the brass balls to try and marketize him in that crass a fashion. He's sick and old and a hero. I find it heartbreaking to see Ali tbh.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby shawzy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:08 pm

lythamblue wrote:I have to agree entirely with Saulman.

Effectively he is endorsing brand 'Man City', I presume for free and the Club would have to mad not to jump on it.

Think about it .... how much would some companies be prepared to pay to have him go on global TV and tell people how much he loves their product?

He may be a knob at times (not as bad as his brother), but judging by concert sell outs and album sales he does represent poular culture.

We need more like him ..... as Bernard Manning and Les Battersby didn't really do a lot for our 'cool' appeal.

Dont forget Curly Watts :-)#
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:34 pm

norman wisdom and jessica alba are my fave city fans ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:53 pm

saulman wrote:We've got a totally revamped marketing department nowadays. When a popular celebrity chooses to endorse your brand publicly, you'd be daft not to let them. I doubt very much that Scouse1 will be using Kerry Katona to the same effect.

If they're really going to be using these celebrities to drum up publicity for the club then what I'd like to see is a cagefight to the death between Ricky Hatton and Mick Hucknall.

I see her more as a Wrio Ferdinand fan for some reason... she always had a nose for business, a chance to speak about a club or player you love is not to be sniffed at.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum