Jack Collison

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jack Collison

Postby Colin the King » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:22 am

Just wanted to give a shout out to this lad, himself only 19, who lost his father on Sunday night in a motorbike crash. Apparently his dad was on the way to Upton Park to see his lad play against Spurs. Anyway, somehow he dusted himself down despite I'm sure being completely distraught and went out and played tonight against Millwall. When fans started pouring onto the pitch, he was composed enough to have a quiet word and ask them to leave so the game could continue- it did and he played his part in getting them a 3-1 win.

It's a remarkable story and I think in an era where footballers are seen as completely detached from reality and human emotion, this proves otherwise- in the end he left the pitch in tears having done his utmost for the cause but to fight through nonetheless is amazing. The guys in their 40s turning up with the sole intention of knocking seven shades of shit out of each other should look at Jack Collisson, only still a kid, and his maturity and reassess what the fuck they're doing with their lives and as for Jack himself, he must be wondering why it's his caring dad Ian whose life has ended and not one of these scumbags.
Last edited by Colin the King on Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Re: Jack Collison

Postby giokingkladze » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:33 am

The Millwall fans apparently had songs ready to sing to Collison about his dad. Also, they were singing about Davenport who got stabbed the other day
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby john68 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:39 am

Eoin,
You are right mate.
Sadly violent rivalries between communities have been going on since history began and I doubt it will ever be eradicated.
The idiot kids of tomorrow will be doing the same thing as the idiot kids of yesteryear mate...nothing seems to change.

Football is only a newer means and a more modern excuse to commit violence against each other. The Jack Collison link tonight just seems to make it all the more poignant.

Our own club was formed from an idea to stop the West Gorton kids from fighting the kids from Openshawe over 100 years ago.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:44 am

john68 wrote:Eoin,
You are right mate.
Sadly violent rivalries between communities have been going on since history began and I doubt it will ever be eradicated.
The idiot kids of tomorrow will be doing the same thing as the idiot kids of yesteryear mate...nothing seems to change.

Football is only a newer means and a more modern excuse to commit violence against each other. The Jack Collison link tonight just seems to make it all the more poignant.

Our own club was formed from an idea to stop the West Gorton kids from fighting the kids from Openshawe over 100 years ago.

MAKE SURE THE CLUB KNOW THAT FACT JOHN LAD !

DID THEY EVER GET BACK TO YOU BTW?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john68 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 am

Hi Carl,
If you mean our LOST 14 years history mate. I have not checked in the Chris Nield thread to see if he has any answer to it yet. I will do so when I finish posting this. I have a given it some thought but don't want to spoil Eoin's thread here.
Apart from saying that I think City's history reflect the social history of Manchester. I will probably start a new thread on this when I get more info.
Regards.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:41 am

well put ctk, the millwall thugs deserve to be locked up, I dread the day they get into the prem league
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:45 am

john68 wrote:Eoin,
You are right mate.

CtK is spot on.

John, I think certain portion of young males will always be fighting with each other. That will never go away. However as pointed out, loads of the people fighting there yesterday were grown men in their fourties acting like in days gone by and that's really sad actually. Wars and fighting are for young men. You need to grow out of it at some stage.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 am

Wonderwall wrote:well put ctk, the millwall thugs deserve to be locked up, I dread the day they get into the prem league

to be honest ww, from what i heard last night the WHU boys were as bad if not worse.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:14 am

I think West Ham were much more responsible than Millwall by the sound of it. Amazing that blokes of that age choose to go round doing this kind of stuff. What sad sad bastards they must be. Almost comically sad to be honest. Remember all those 40 odd year old tossers from Brum at our ground a couple of seasons ago? Pathetic.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:27 am

Colin the King wrote:Just wanted to give a shout out to this lad, himself only 19, who lost his father on Sunday night in a motorbike crash. Apparently his dad was on the way to Upton Park to see his lad play against Spurs. Anyway, somehow he dusted himself down despite I'm sure being completely distraught and went out and played tonight against Millwall. When fans started pouring onto the pitch, he was composed enough to have a quiet word and ask them to leave so the game could continue- it did and he played his part in getting them a 3-1 win.

It's a remarkable story and I think in an era where footballers are seen as completely detached from reality and human emotion, this proves otherwise- in the end he left the pitch in tears having done his utmost for the cause but to fight through nonetheless is amazing. The guys in their 40s turning up with the sole intention of knocking seven shades of shit out of each other should look at Jack Collisson, only still a kid, and his maturity and reassess what the fuck they're doing with their lives and as for Jack himself, he must be wondering why it's his caring dad Ian whose life has ended and not one of these scumbags.

Top post CTK and absolutely spot on. Can't imagine what the young kid is going through so to play last night was a real show of courage - as for the morons in the stands, unfortunately the moment that tie was drawn virtually everybody in football could have pinpointed major trouble would occur. Millwall are always a common participent and yet it never seems to be their fault if you listen to them as well.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DavidWhiteIsGod » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Colin the King wrote:Just wanted to give a shout out to this lad, himself only 19, who lost his father on Sunday night in a motorbike crash. Apparently his dad was on the way to Upton Park to see his lad play against Spurs. Anyway, somehow he dusted himself down despite I'm sure being completely distraught and went out and played tonight against Millwall. When fans started pouring onto the pitch, he was composed enough to have a quiet word and ask them to leave so the game could continue- it did and he played his part in getting them a 3-1 win.

absolutely fantastic post!
DavidWhiteIsGod
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:13 pm

Yep..I really felt for the poor lad when I see him walking off the field. That is just awful if the fans were singing songs about what happened and the lad is one though nut to take it, I couldnt. Banter is one thing but shouting and chanting things that has happened in someones personal life is just terrible. Its times like that where 'thinkin of the money' wont take those painful words away.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby pears12 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:42 am

yeah i felt really bad for collison when i heard about this.. to lose one of your parents on the weekend and then have chants about it from thuggish crowd less than 3 days later..

Collison looks like a brilliant youngster was very impressed with what i saw from him last season....

West ham may have been more at fault but millwall are always a common factor in crowd trouble.. i mean hull and leeds last year and west ham this week..
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Return to The Maine Football forum