Wednesday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:54 am

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Striker Roman Pavlyuchenko has derailed Tottenham's flying start to the season by demanding a transfer from White Hart Lane.The Sun

Everton are set to pip Aston Villa to the £5m signing of Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin. The Sun

Villa boss Martin O'Neill is ready to make a £6m bid for Manchester City centre-half Richard Dunne. Daily Mirror http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ipper.html

Jolean Lescott only completed his £24m move from Everton to Manchester City after an embarrassing hold-up over payments to agents. Daily Mirror http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Jo ... 31257.html

Manchester United will launch a deadline-day bid to sign former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben from Real Madrid.
The Sun

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is making a shock £1.5m move for Tottenham full-back Pascal Chimbonda. Daily Mirror

Bolton manager Gary Megson has made a £6m move for Real Betis midfielder Achille Emana. Daily Mirror

Sunderland defender Paul McShane is set to complete a £2m move to Hull, with whom he had a loan spell last season. Daily Mirror

A player on his way to Sunderland is Ahmed Al Muhammadi, after Black Cats boss Steve Bruce agreed a season-long loan deal for the ENPPI full-back.The Sun

Birmingham are set to sign Spanish midfielder Michel in a £3m deal from Sporting Gijon after owner-in-waiting Carson Yeung pledged to put his own cash in to help City manager Alex McLeish.Daily Mirror

Livorno striker Alessandro Diamanti will have a medical at West Ham on Wednesday and is expected to complete a £5.5m move to Upton Park this week. (The Sun)

Sporting Gijon want to take Liverpool reserve goalkeeper Charles Itandje on a season-long loan.Daily Mirror

Striker Jon Stead and midfielders Owen Garvan and Alan Quinn have been transfer listed by Ipswich manager Roy Keane. Daily Mirror

Watford striker Tommy Smith is on the verge of a £1.8m move to Portsmouth after stalling on a switch to Reading at the 11th hour. Daily Mirror

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... ica-harris

OTHER GOSSIP
Arsene Wenger believes the impressive form of defender William Gallas proves the Arsenal manager was right to strip his fellow Frenchman of the captaincy last season.The Sun

Manchester United striker Michael Owen is set to miss out on a place in England's squad for the forthcoming friendly against Slovenia and the World Cup qualifier against Croatia after failing to impress the coach of his national side Fabio Capello.
The Sun

With Richard Dunne linked with a switch from Manchester City following the arrival of Joleon Lescott, defender Kolo Toure is set to be named the club's new captain.The Sun
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -City.html

Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida, 19, is to be rewarded with a new long-term contract after being promoted to the first-team squad.Daily Mirror

Businessman Geoff Sheard has entered the race to take over at Newcastle but the club have yet to receive proff that he has the funs to launch a bid. (The Sun)

AND FINALLY
LA Galaxy and England midfielder Divy Spice was pictures drying himself down with a stars and stripes towel after a swim in Malibu. Also sporting a New York Yankees baseball cap and oversized shades, all he needs is a hot do an a Budweiser to perfect the all-American look.The Sun
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:33 am

I thought Beckham was going for the redneck look at the last England game.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:02 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I thought Beckham was going for the redneck look at the last England game.

I seriously doubt there is a bigger wanker in world football than that pillock. You know exactly what those 'flare-ups' are about on the field in America. It's sort of 'how dare you tackle me, do you know who I am?'
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:34 am

Scum to go for Robben, what with?....they don't have £20m to rub together, the debt ridden franchise have financed their debt with the £80m that they got from Tranny, seems the press cannot either understand that or simply do not wish to believe that they are broke, hell even Notts County have more cash than they do!.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby BmoreBlue » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:38 am

how likely is the report that kolo will be the new captain?
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby ronk » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:20 pm

Surprised that video of the WAG hasn't been taken down yet.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:50 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:how likely is the report that kolo will be the new captain?

'The Sun' likely. A pure guess. May be lucky, but a pure guess.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john68 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:57 pm

The suggestion that they are gioing to buy a top player is a tactic the rags have used many times over the years to gain the back page headlines. Swales copied the tactic too for a while.
They annonvced and interest in Batistuta at one point with ni intention of even making an offer.It got the headline they wanted then faded.
Taggart is still not happy that we have taken his back pages from him.
He can have them back for the story of their relegation or bankruptcy.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 pm

john68 wrote:The suggestion that they are gioing to buy a top player is a tactic the rags have used many times over the years to gain the back page headlines. Swales copied the tactic too for a while.
They annonvced and interest in Batistuta at one point with ni intention of even making an offer.It got the headline they wanted then faded.
Taggart is still not happy that we have taken his back pages from him.
He can have them back for the story of their relegation or bankruptcy.

I forgot about Batistuta,whoa what a player.

ONE OF THE GREATEST FINISHERS EVER.
[youtube]noLBOjX1iaQ[/youtube]
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:38 pm

ronk wrote:Surprised that video of the WAG hasn't been taken down yet.

I wouldn't have looked but then you went and posted the above, what choice did I have ?! Nice, very nice indeed
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby HeyMark » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Tommy Smith to Portsmouth, jesus christ they are in the shitter!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:48 pm

EXTRA BOLLOX

Middlesbrough striker Afonso Alves could yet be playing his football in Qatar next season after Qatari outfit Al-Saad resurrected a £7m move. (Press Association)

Ipswich manager Roy Keane has tabled a joint offer for midfielders Grant Leadbitter and Carlos Edwards from former club Sunderland. (Press Association)

Spartak Moscow are willing to pay Tottenham £10m to take striker Roman Pavlyuchenko back to Russia. (Press Association)

Businessman Geoff Sheard has confirmed he is fronting a bid by a mystery American company to buy Newcastle. (Press Association, )

Aston Villa confirm they are in discussions with Blackburn over defender Stephen Warnock.
Full story: www.avfc.co.uk
Blackburn and Tottenham agree a fee in excess of £2m for Spurs full-back Pascal Chimbonda. (Sky Sports News)

Watford striker Tommy Smith is having a medical at Portsmouth. (Sky Sports News)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Return to The Maine Football forum