New stadium

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New stadium

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:00 am

Lets build a big fooker like this,proper classic design big terraces masses of people.

Stick a retractable roof on it made out of solar panels to power it.

This is Capacity 78,741 im sure we could squeeze the extra 2k in.

This is the new one,which is top shit aswell. I like the classic design in a lot of NFL stadium.

Last edited by lets all have a disco on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:11 am

We need a standing terrace behind one of the goals like this

Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:12 am

Now thats a stadium for football Fidel, awesome sight. Closest to it in the UK for an end like that would have been the old Holte End at Villa when it was standing.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:17 am

Goaters 103 wrote:Now thats a stadium for football Fidel, awesome sight. Closest to it in the UK for an end like that would have been the old Holte End at Villa when it was standing.

Tickets are dirt-cheap too, think a season ticket on the Sudtribune costs about 90 euro's!
Only problem is, you can never buy loose tickets for the Sudtribune. Last time I went, 2 Germans had to go in, one came out with 2 season tickets and then I could go in. If everybody does that, I suppose there could be a risk of overcrowding but nothing has ever happened so somehow they must have it under control.
Fidel Castro

Postby irblinx » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:20 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Now thats a stadium for football Fidel, awesome sight. Closest to it in the UK for an end like that would have been the old Holte End at Villa when it was standing.

Tickets are dirt-cheap too, think a season ticket on the Sudtribune costs about 90 euro's!
Only problem is, you can never buy loose tickets for the Sudtribune. Last time I went, 2 Germans had to go in, one came out with 2 season tickets and then I could go in. If everybody does that, I suppose there could be a risk of overcrowding but nothing has ever happened so somehow they must have it under control.

looks amazing, but never going to happen in the PL
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:20 am

If a Government would have the balls to bring in safe standing & we could adapt one end of our ground to be like that, with the players we can watch there now, it would be just like being in paradise.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:23 am

Svensational wrote:A rule came in a few years back, where the was no more standing allowed in England!

Last time I stood up was at Stockport County years ago!! Got fucking soaking wet!!

I stand at every game.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:25 am

Svensational wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
Svensational wrote:A rule came in a few years back, where the was no more standing allowed in England!

Last time I stood up was at Stockport County years ago!! Got fucking soaking wet!!

I stand at every game.

But you have a seat to fall back on you little so and so ;-)

Im thinking of asking for some tools so i can take it out.

Its so 90's seating.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby ja0005 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:19 pm

How about instead of building ours up we dig down again - a new tier all the way round and it would be closer to the pitch so a better atmosphere.
M.C.F.C - Ruining Football Since 2008
ja0005
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:27 pm

i think we should just invest in increasing the capacity of our current stadium. i think it already looks the business.

more importantly i think we should level sportcity or whatever the reserve stadium is called and build one of these bad boys.

:D
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:38 pm

ant london wrote:Never mind expanding Eastlands.....let's build ourselves one of these badboys (the new Dallas Cowboys stadium)

Like Wembley, Cowboys Stadium was over budget (it ended up costing nearly double the projected $650m , and was partially funded by a half cent rise in Arlington sales tax), and is aesthetically defined by a doublearch design that towers 300 feet over the pitch. Unlike Wembley, however, the roof is fully retractable, and the world’s largest glass doors at either end zone can be opened up on particularly stuffy days. It currently holds 80,000 (10,000 less than Wembley), but will be expanded to a capacity of 100,000 in due course.

Ant...i work in Dallas a lot and checked this out on a recent trip. fuclin out of hand. most amazing american football stadium outside of the one the Steelers play in well because they are my team. But seriously, i hate and i mean hate the Cowboys, but theyve done the right thing with this facility. it's big time.

cheers

EDIT: changed "footy" to uhm er football so's this made some sense.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:39 pm

Apologies Piccs but I originally thought your post about building a new ground was ridiculous. (it still probably is).

I got to thinking...If we attempt to increase our present capacity, how many more will we hope to increase to? It seems a lot of cost for a little reward.
When City considered Hyde Road, with a capacity of just over 20,000, too small, they decided to build Maine Road. It was the original intention of designing it to eventually hold around 100,000 and be the Hampden of the North. A potential increase of capacity of almost 80,000. In a time when successful clubs were attracting around 30,000 at most, it showed a massive ambition and a lot of imagination. Maine Road hosted a gate of over 85,000 only around ten years later.

We are now the richest club in the World with the potential resources to become the World's best. With a little of their forebears ambion and some of their imagination, is it so ridiculous to consider a stadium holding 100.000. We are not building for today's market but for the market we could achieve in 10, 15, 20 years time.

How would we fill it/...easy....if money isn't a problem then reduce the ticket prices to a rate that is affordable to all. We boast we are the community club. A ticket price of £10 per match should sort that out. It is done in other countries...why not here?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Haz » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:41 pm

ant london wrote:Never mind expanding Eastlands.....let's build ourselves one of these badboys (the new Dallas Cowboys stadium)

Like Wembley, Cowboys Stadium was over budget (it ended up costing nearly double the projected $650m , and was partially funded by a half cent rise in Arlington sales tax), and is aesthetically defined by a doublearch design that towers 300 feet over the pitch. Unlike Wembley, however, the roof is fully retractable, and the world’s largest glass doors at either end zone can be opened up on particularly stuffy days. It currently holds 80,000 (10,000 less than Wembley), but will be expanded to a capacity of 100,000 in due course.

I just don't like those American stadia at all - they've got no character and are ugly. Give me Eastlands any day - its a great stadium, that has potential for another 10-12k seats.
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:06 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Lets build a big fooker like this,proper classic design big terraces masses of people.

Stick a retractable roof on it made out of solar panels to power it.

This is Capacity 78,741 im sure we could squeeze the extra 2k in.

This is the new one,which is top shit aswell. I like the classic design in a lot of NFL stadium.

Far too small mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Mase,i like your style.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby razor400 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Looks like some big flash office block, no ta
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby s1ty m » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:28 pm

westfalon stadium in dortmund, as pictured in this thread, is one ridiculously magnificent stadium.

i think dortmund regularly attract 80 or 90k as well. the deal for the world cup was that ticket prices would be reduced across the bundesliga and this has caused a surge in attendances across that league.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:36 pm

I think ours looks better than any in this thread.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:55 pm

All this about American stadiums being poor every single one on this page is better than 90% of the premierleague stadia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cu ... e_stadiums

Obviously in IMHO.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:56 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:All this about American stadiums being poor every single one on this page is better than 90% of the premierleague stadia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cu ... e_stadiums

Obviously in IMHO.

Well, your HO is obviously shit then ;-)
Fidel Castro

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum