New stadium

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New stadium

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:All this about American stadiums being poor every single one on this page is better than 90% of the premierleague stadia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cu ... e_stadiums

Obviously in IMHO.

Well, your HO is obviously shit then ;-)

Tit,Nothing more to add.

Actually there is.

Fucking.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby roadkill2487 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:02 pm

it has the LARGEST HD TELEVISION ever built on this earth. crazy stuff.
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Check this shit out,Were getting a raw deal over here.
This facker has got this to the top tiers.

He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:22 pm

Svensational wrote:A rule came in a few years back, where the was no more standing allowed in England!

Last time I stood up was at Stockport County years ago!! Got fucking soaking wet!!

Non-League still have standing - I was stood up at the away end in Altrincham last season.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Svensational wrote:A rule came in a few years back, where the was no more standing allowed in England!

Last time I stood up was at Stockport County years ago!! Got fucking soaking wet!!

Non-League still have standing - I was stood up at the away end in Altrincham last season.

For me the biggest attraction of non league footy is that you can stand. in my opinion it really boosts the atmosphere. i miss it when watching prem games.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:07 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:All this about American stadiums being poor every single one on this page is better than 90% of the premierleague stadia.

Obviously in IMHO.

Some good ones there LAHAD. Been to The Georgia Dome on that list back in the 90's and it was a beauty. The Seatlle one Q-West field is one of the better ones as it was built solely for NFL football, and the fans out west are quite nuts and probably the closest you get in the NFL to the a footy crowd.

As Doom Merchant says, Heinz Field 9aka The Big Ketchup bottle) is also a good one, whilst my own team Tampa Bay's has a life size Pirate Ship in the North End zone with its own working flags and cannons that fire when the Bucs score.

Still love the Dortmund one though.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby irblinx » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:15 pm

Obviously in IMHO.

I don't think anyone said they were poor did they, just that the first one in the post was ugly

Goaters 103 wrote: whilst my own team Tampa Bay's has a life size Pirate Ship in the North End zone with its own working flags and cannons that fire when the Bucs score.

That pal, is brilliant. Has now gone right to the top of my 'stadiums I want to visit' list
[center]Image
[urlnp=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Raymond_James_Stadium03.jpg]Bigger Piccy[/urlnp][/center]
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby bobby brows » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:24 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:
ramckaymancity wrote:
The funny thing is that was the first thing i thought of when i saw the original photo at the top, that scoreboard looks a bit low! you look at the photo from behind the goal and the distance is huge! it must have been some punt!

That's the first thing that crossed my mind as well haha.

The scoreboard is 90 feet up from the field, as per the NFL Rules - however the rules were drafted in the 30's when punters were kicking with hobnail boots I think. The Cowboys complaint is that they complied with NFL rules, though quite why no-one thought to actually test it out just shows you can spend billions of dollars and still miss the obvious.

Apparently other teams when building new stadiums also tried to hang a big screen in the middle of the field, but they found it did interfere with play so scrapped the idea - pity they didn't tell Dallas owner Jerry Jones really! Would have saved them a lot of embarrassment - for anybody interested you can read about it the problem below, apologies for being a trainspotter on the subject!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

don't taunt me with sports illustrated links, now sports pages is closed down and you can't get a copy thats not 6 weeks old and £9 it brings a tear to my eye!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:31 am

If the club were to ever expand then the idea of one end (either the north or south) being just one tier would look great!
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby bobby brows » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:33 am

Fidel Castro wrote:We need a standing terrace behind one of the goals like this

can't take my eyes off this picture!

this should be the ambition of all english clubs, it looks amazing!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bobby brows » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:33 am

bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bobby brows » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:37 am

john68 wrote:Apologies Piccs but I originally thought your post about building a new ground was ridiculous. (it still probably is).

I got to thinking...If we attempt to increase our present capacity, how many more will we hope to increase to? It seems a lot of cost for a little reward.
When City considered Hyde Road, with a capacity of just over 20,000, too small, they decided to build Maine Road. It was the original intention of designing it to eventually hold around 100,000 and be the Hampden of the North. A potential increase of capacity of almost 80,000. In a time when successful clubs were attracting around 30,000 at most, it showed a massive ambition and a lot of imagination. Maine Road hosted a gate of over 85,000 only around ten years later.

We are now the richest club in the World with the potential resources to become the World's best. With a little of their forebears ambion and some of their imagination, is it so ridiculous to consider a stadium holding 100.000. We are not building for today's market but for the market we could achieve in 10, 15, 20 years time.

How would we fill it/...easy....if money isn't a problem then reduce the ticket prices to a rate that is affordable to all. We boast we are the community club. A ticket price of £10 per match should sort that out. It is done in other countries...why not here?

I'm all for expansion if supply outweighs demand, more seats equals less demand equals cheaper season tickets!

lets keep expanding until its a tenner a game! wahoo
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bobby brows » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:39 am

Goaters 103 wrote:

Obviously in IMHO.

Some good ones there LAHAD. Been to The Georgia Dome on that list back in the 90's and it was a beauty. The Seatlle one Q-West field is one of the better ones as it was built solely for NFL football, and the fans out west are quite nuts and probably the closest you get in the NFL to the a footy crowd.

As Doom Merchant says, Heinz Field 9aka The Big Ketchup bottle) is also a good one, whilst my own team Tampa Bay's has a life size Pirate Ship in the North End zone with its own working flags and cannons that fire when the Bucs score.

Qwest now hosts the MLS Seattle Sounders who average about 28,000 at home and thats only becuase they want to keep the fans tightly packed in!

Apparently the atmosphere is absolutely rockin when there fans get going!

they also have a band march from the centre of seattle to home games on match days
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ja0005 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:00 am

ramckaymancity wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:

Obviously in IMHO.

Qwest now hosts the MLS Seattle Sounders who average about 28,000 at home and thats only becuase they want to keep the fans tightly packed in!

Apparently the atmosphere is absolutely rockin when there fans get going!

they also have a band march from the centre of seattle to home games on match days[/quote]

Can't see Noel Gallagher being up for this though.
M.C.F.C - Ruining Football Since 2008
ja0005
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Knappe » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:09 pm

ramckaymancity wrote:

Borussia Doofmund had an average attendance of 73.800 last season. Total capacity is 80,552 with 27.000 stands , more than in any other german stadium
Die Nummer 1 im Pott sind wir
Knappe
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Schalke04

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum