3rd Kit

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

3rd Kit

Postby LB » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 am

just a quick one, and apologies if this has been covered before. But does anyone know the date the 3rd kit is realease for sale.

thanks
LB.
LB
De Jong's Tackle

Re: 3rd Kit

Postby adebayor25 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:50 am

some time in october mate not sure of the date think its round the 16th.
adebayor25
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby adebayor25 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:20 am

City can today reveal this season's "third kit" in the brilliant new Umbro range - and it's a classic remastered that will have older Blues fans thinking back to the Seventies.

While the new kit draws its inspiration from the Club's proud history and an element of familiarity, it is a superb design for today rather than simply an exercise in nostalgia.

The shirt has a black and red sash across a white base with the team sponsor subtly located under the crest, but the sash slants in the opposite direction to those on previous designs.

David Blanch, senior designer at Umbro, said: "The third kit is very special, a modern interpretation of City's original sash design. However, we have moved the sash to the other side.

"One of the reasons for doing this is because we wanted to draw attention to the crest, which was done with the full support of the Club and the Club Sponsor Etihad.

"I'm really pleased with the final product because it makes such a statement. I'd like to think that this kit demonstrates that a sponsor can enhance a design rather than compromise it."

The remastered version of this City classic, worn with distinction by such Blues stars as Dennis Tueart and Gary Owen, will make its Premier League debut at Portsmouth on Sunday.

City CEO Garry Cook said: "We're really pleased with the look of the third shirt, and it completes a fantastic range of products we now have for both players and fans.

"The initial reaction we've had to the design has been incredible. I think this season's third shirt is quickly going to become a true Manchester City classic."

City's third kit will be available to pre-order from Friday, 4 September and will go on general sale from Saturday, 26 September at www.mcfc.co.uk

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... -third-kit
adebayor25

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:28 am

Its a sexy fucker,i deffo getting one.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby adebayor25 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:04 pm

does anyone no if its limited edition ?
thanks.
adebayor25

Postby AlpsMaster » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:02 pm

Are all the shirts going to be made from the same excellent fabric that the home shirt is?
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:24 pm

adebayor25 wrote:does anyone no if its limited edition ?
thanks.

Think I read it somewhere, not sure though.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Twobob » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:35 pm

this isnt fuckin good - thought i might be able to resist this 3rd one but its fuckin good lucking! How to explain anouthe 40 quid!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:08 pm

Well, I was struggling to decide which names to get on the shirts I wanted to purchase, I was torn between robinho, Ireland and Tevez as I planned to get the home and away shirt and one was to be left out but the more I look at this third kit the more I feel I might end buy this one too, and that would solve my problem, lol. Awesome, there's really little else to say.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:17 pm

AlpsMaster wrote:Are all the shirts going to be made from the same excellent fabric that the home shirt is?

i havent worn my away shirt yet but it seems to be the same fabric as the home kit.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blootoof » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:25 pm

Bein worn on Sunday.

Just found this:

Manchester City’s 09/10 Third Kit Is the Best New Premier League Shirt

Now clearly Man City have become something of a hated entity in recent months. David Moyes and his Everton club are understandably angry at the manner in which they conducted the Joleon Lescott saga and Man United supporters, not needing new ammunition on this front, were irritated by the Carlos Tevez billboards. Arsenal supporters, whilst happy to offload Emmanuel Adebayor to the club were probably upset to see Kolo Toure move in the same direction. But all of that is now irrelevant in my book! Why I hear you ask? Well this is why! (See Below).

I am sure that almost every football fan with an ounce of fashion sense will agree that this new kit design, albeit a copy of a 70s classic, is simply a beauty. It’s the kind of timeless design that makes many hark back to the days when a beer cost a fraction of what it does today and long for the latest Bowie album to be released.
Such is the quality of the thing, I would suggest that Umbro releases a version of the shirt without the Man City badge, so that everyone can wear it!

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2009/08/29 ... gue-shirt/
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Return to The Maine Football forum