Cheating and diving

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Cheating and diving

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:10 pm

Seems that their is a bit of a storm brewing over the Eduardo incident last night. I kind of felt sorry for the guy after the horrendous leg break but last night he showed himself up as a cheating little twunt.....!!

This is a cancer that is killing our game and someone has got to do something about it. There is so much a stake and would hate for City to be done in a major game by someone acting in this way.

Its saying that UEFA or going to look into it...would be highly surprised if they bother to do anything about it....!!

As for Wenger........dont get me started!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Re: Cheating and diving

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:16 pm

What did Winger say about it?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Midnight Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:21 pm

The Scottish and Australian leagues ready have anti-diving rules in place where players can be punished after the incident if it is clear that they have dived. I'm sure the premier/football leagues could introduce similar rules if they chose too. Would be a great idea imo, as it is a blight on the game.
Midnight Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Attractive Football

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:22 pm

I agree. I hate it & I hate when City players do it. Luckily we're not a particularly bad bunch but I'd hate to see us win something doing that just as much as I'd hate to see us lose by being cheated.

It really needs to be stopped & the onus should be on players to try & stay on their feet rather than go down for every little touch, when it doesn't genuinely disrupt their balance.

For that to work, video evidence needs to be used, players need to be shamed for diving & referees need to reward players for staying on their feet ie; a player is fouled in the box, doesn't go down, keeps going but fails to score, the ref pulls it back & gives him a pen, yellow/red cards the offender. That never happens. If they stay on their feet, the ref doesn't give anything.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:23 pm

MaseCTID wrote:What did Winger say about it?

Well that it was a dive but we had a shot at goal before that, that we should have scored from and we were better than them anyway.

The guy needs to grow a set and say "yes he was out of order and i will be having a strong word in his ear and i dont condone cheating"

Imagine if Rooney does that again (after is lovely dive a couple of yrs again) to them on Saturday, i will actually piss my sides, cause you know Wenger will blow a gasket.
Sister of fu

Postby Crossie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:38 pm

For those who havent seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txfbXpoz ... re=related

As a man, how can u go off and celebrate scoring that penner, when you know you have cheated.

fucking disgrace, no excuse, that boy needs banning, I hope he breaks his leg again.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Fish111 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:42 pm

City v Rags in the FA Cup Final, It's 2-2, last minute of injury time and Tevez takes a dive/simulates to win us a penalty that leads to lifting the cup and winning our first silverware since 1977. Reactions?

Hand the cup back? Sack or sell Tevez? Or get on with it, swings & roundabouts an all that and party like there's no tomorrow?
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:44 pm

It's not just penalty decisions. Nearly every challenge in every area of the pitch has somebody falling over. It is near impossible for the referee. The only people who can stop it are the managers. But which one of them is going to allow other teams to swindle them, whilst operating to decent standards when his job depends on results.

Video evidence might deal with some instances and I'd support it's use. It's the very worst part of football.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:44 pm

Fish111 wrote:City v Rags in the FA Cup Final, It's 2-2, last minute of injury time and Tevez takes a dive/simulates to win us a penalty that leads to lifting the cup and winning our first silverware since 1977. Reactions?

Hand the cup back? Sack or sell Tevez? Or get on with it, swings & roundabouts an all that and party like there's no tomorrow?

Stronger shade of blue tint on the glasses and party till we pass out or die.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beanieboy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Fish111 wrote:City v Rags in the FA Cup Final, It's 2-2, last minute of injury time and Tevez takes a dive/simulates to win us a penalty that leads to lifting the cup and winning our first silverware since 1977. Reactions?

Hmmmm........difficult,....ok i know....ban diving and shit...except when in a final against scum
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Crossie wrote:For those who havent seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txfbXpoz ... re=related

As a man, how can u go off and celebrate scoring that penner, when you know you have cheated.

fucking disgrace, no excuse, that boy needs banning, I hope he breaks his leg again.

A tad harsh! I was thinking more of a 2 game ban.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Ref's will have been watching the game last night. Now they have a seed of doubt in their mind over Eduardo. In the long run he's shot himself in the foot cos he won't be getting many more penalties even when they are. Case in point - Andy Johnson.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:52 pm

None of the Blue shirted heroes would stoop to that level, certainly not Carlos (Honest and handsome) Tevez.
But even if he did, it would be perfectly fair and acceptable. In fact it should be written into the laws of Association Football that in those circumstances TWO penalties should be awarded, just in case.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Beanieboy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:53 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Ref's will have been watching the game last night. Now they have a seed of doubt in their mind over Eduardo. In the long run he's shot himself in the foot cos he won't be getting many more penalties even when they are. Case in point - Andy Johnson.

to be fair,....he didn't get a freekick when his leg was ripped off did he?....belated compensation?
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Should be fucking banned from the competition for that.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:05 pm

I've had a soft spot for him since he broke his leg, now I couldn't care less if he broke his leg again. Cheating cunt with a paedo-tache
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 pm

First sensible post on this thread.

Don't get me wrong, I hate diving just as much as the next man but some of the reactions today in football message boards have been hilarious. All the holier than thee attitude.

I saw City players take dives last season. Robinho alone at least ten times. Still I didn't expect anyone to be shouting that we should be kicked off the Premier League. I expect that referees should be take sterner stance against it and show those yellow cards they are allowed to show for play acting and maybe in some bad cases give them one match ban or something. But to even suggest that they should be banned is ridiculous and populistic.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 pm

Beanieboy wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:Ref's will have been watching the game last night. Now they have a seed of doubt in their mind over Eduardo. In the long run he's shot himself in the foot cos he won't be getting many more penalties even when they are. Case in point - Andy Johnson.

to be fair,....he didn't get a freekick when his leg was ripped off did he?....belated compensation?

To be fair he did get a free kick and the guy got a red card. Can't say fairer than that.....! Like fidal said I used to have a soft spot but no now cheating git.
Sister of fu

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Beanieboy wrote:

To be fair he did get a free kick and the guy got a red card. Can't say fairer than that.....! Like fidal said I used to have a soft spot but no now cheating git.

Fairer than that would be a ban that ran the length of Eduardo's absence.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:30 pm

I thought Boruc was going to eat him for a minute
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum