Robinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho

Postby Michael Brookes » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:57 am

Twobob wrote:
Michael Brookes wrote:In our 4-4-2 the main person who is going to suffer is Robinho as he IS NOT a left winger. That said, he's doing ok there and he is adapting to our formation rather than our formation adapting to him which has made us stronger in other areas. (similar to the Ireland situation)

Would 'our 442' actually translate as 4-3-3 to other clubs? We're not playing with much width so Rob isnt playing as left wing as such ...

Infact I dont think we play 4-3-3, its all pretty fluid but it definately isnt 442.

we set up as a 4-4-2 and its our default shape but robbie plays wherever he likes when the balls in play effectively making it look like a fluid transition into 433.

EDIT: (or 4-2-4 as it often looks like!!)
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:27 pm

F**king hell here we go again, we need a new scapegoat and it has got to be Robinho because he isn't beating 12 players, lobbing the keeper, standing with the ball on the line before all start to chase back and fart the ball into the net, he must have had a poor game.

I for one don't agree with that point of view that he was poor at all, I would say Ireland, Lescott (1st half, but then it was his debut), Richards and Adebayor were poor on the day against CP, I thought Robinho did very well to link up play and get the side at least looking like creating something, and this against a side out to kick anything that moved and get physical.

I really do at times believe some on here don't have the first clue of spotting real talent when they see it, the man is out of position as such, he is a striker in the same mould as Adebayor, a front striker, though not target man, and the vast majority of his passes found their man and went FORWARD on the floor.

Seems the press and other ex-pro's saw things like I did also, in that Robinho was one of City's better performers on the night and has adapted his game to suit the English style, they don't tend to chase and tackle an awful lot at Madrid or Brazil!....preferring normally to let the ball do the work, the fact he cost £32.5m does not help his cause for those like some on here that cannot wait for him to have a bad game or not do well and dying for him to fail so they can get on the team and players back.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Twobob » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:26 am

Shit - Im agreeing with some of RIG's statements ... there must be a problem ... But you're right with regard to Robson anyway!

FFS Paul Mc - I've not seen us set out with 442 for fuckin years - if we are playing 442 then please tell me why SWP isnt hugging the white line?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:40 am

I get the feeling there's a lot of swapping positions as the game goes on - attempting to confuse the other team's plans (and leading to some confusion over our formation amongst us lot as well), Tevez and SWP seem very interchangeable, same with Bellamy and Robi when they're on at the same time. Then add Ade bombing off to the channels at various times too... so much movement, which is why teams are struggling to cope with our attack so far this season.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Michael Brookes » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:26 am

4-4-2 with shizzle twizzle nizzle! FACT.
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Twobob » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:39 am

Michael Brookes wrote:4-4-2 with shizzle twizzle nizzle! FACT.

LOL - Now that makes sense ;-)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:07 am

What's a nizzle?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:09 am

Slim wrote:

What's a nizzle?

Like a shizzle but different.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:12 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Slim wrote:

What's a nizzle?

Like a shizzle but different.

I think I need a shizzle, a bit backed up at the moment.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:52 am

Isnt a nizzle an attachment for a shizzle-twizzle? Or is a twizzle a move that you perform with a shizzle to achieve a nizzle? (No idea if that scores you a point though)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:36 am

Dameerto wrote:Isnt a nizzle an attachment for a shizzle-twizzle? Or is a twizzle a move that you perform with a shizzle to achieve a nizzle? (No idea if that scores you a point though)

You have to catch the quidditch at some point though.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum