Wayne Bridge

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wayne Bridge

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:45 am

Amazing what getting your fitness and confidence back can do. Amazing energy last night, running the length of the field and banging in some decent crosses. He looked much more confident than last season, the confidence that can only come with match time I guess.

Still has to work on positional sense at left back but Barry has been an enormous help to him, giving him the freedom to make the runs beyond Robinho, who is at last passing to him!!!!!! Yay for that.

Also having a player like Sylvinho to compete with instead of Garrido will make him keener in training.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: Wayne Bridge

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:46 am

Been much better recently. Fair play to him.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beeks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:47 am

Possibly the most improved player this year...looks the business
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Wooders » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:49 am

the question has to asked though about how much the sudden arrival of Sylvinho has put a rocket up his backside. I think he's still been poor at defending (his job) until last night.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:57 am

His scissor kick sweep is coming along nicely too.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:00 am

He has been great so far this season. Very much the player I thought we were signing.

Amazing what happens when you are fully fit and know you are going to have competition for your place.

It wont be long before he posts in this thread Im sure thanking us all for our support.
ross.mcfc

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:02 am

ross.mcfc wrote:He has been great so far this season. Very much the player I thought we were signing.

Amazing what happens when you are fully fit and know you are going to have competition for your place.

It wont be long before he posts in this thread Im sure thanking us all for our support.

Yes, luckily he won't have access to the other forum with six months worth of people slating him.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:06 am

Slim wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:He has been great so far this season. Very much the player I thought we were signing.

Yes, luckily he won't have access to the other forum with six months worth of people slating him.

Im just wondering how his house move went, Seemed to make a big deal out of how his form was suffering because he was living in a hotel.
ross.mcfc

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:06 am

Slim wrote:

..............except you and me!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:09 am

Hallelujah.
Hallelujah.
Hallelujah.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:19 am

john@staustell wrote:
Slim wrote:

..............except you and me!

I have only been 100% slating a player before and that was Barton, the worst, most despicable and utter sputum on the arse of humanity player to ever wear a City shirt.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:37 am

I've still only seen him make 2 tackles. One of which nearly cut a palace player in half.
but yes, his overall play is improving.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:14 pm

He's improved immensely. And he's suddenly twice as fast
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby rick1894citizen » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:20 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Amazing what getting your fitness and confidence back can do. Amazing energy last night, running the length of the field and banging in some decent crosses. He looked much more confident than last season, the confidence that can only come with match time I guess.

Still has to work on positional sense at left back but Barry has been an enormous help to him, giving him the freedom to make the runs beyond Robinho, who is at last passing to him!!!!!! Yay for that.

Also having a player like Sylvinho to compete with instead of Garrido will make him keener in training.

Agree with all and especially Barry helping out, have been so impressed with him helping out at the back when Bridge has made a run.

Also think when Lescott settles in that having 3 lefties back there will keep us calm under pressure in the way that they dont have to hit it with weaker foot or shift it to the right.

Im constantly struggling to keep my optimism at acceptable levels but if we win these next 3 games i know all thinking with the head will be out of the window.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby One cap Whitey » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Nedum said at the time he signed his new contract that he knows he has to step up a level to stay in the team this season. I'm sure Bridge will be thinking the same thing, especially now there's more competition for his place. He can't really afford to have a dodgy game anymore or he'll be out.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:31 pm

As recently as at Rangers I stood watching him thinking, "Goodness gracious, we've bought ourselves a problem" I have to say that he looks sharper and tougher in the tackle just a few weeks later. Let's hope he keeps going in the right direction.
My worries have switched to the opposite full back position now.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby citytilliporkpie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:04 pm

totally agree against palace he was my man of the match after having a few concerns about him last season. It just goes to show how much u can improve urself from being around great experinced players
citytilliporkpie
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:56 pm

Against Palace I think was his best match yet. I hope its not a one off and he keeps up the good work.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Vhero » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:27 pm

This years Ireland so far.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:46 am

He's been solid all pre-season - and banging the crosses/passes in all preseason too. Whatever his problem was last season it wasn't lack of ability.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum