The hot topic RB berth?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Micah or Zab

Micah
25%
Zab
75%

Total votes : 80

Re: The hot topic RB berth?

Postby razor400 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Does richards actually know how to defend anymore, he may be fast (going forward anyway) but that is all he is. His constant pointless bombing forward left a gaping hole that a Championship was able to exploit, and forced a far superior threat (SWEEP) to cover for him. He does not have the vision, footballing brain, positional play or fight that mad zabba has. Richards has a lot to learn and I doubt he will.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:28 pm

Of the two I'd take Mad Frank.
But my own preference would be

Onouha Toure Lescott Bridge.

Pace, power, ariel ability and good use of the ball.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby CityGer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:55 pm

I was pro Micah before the start of the season, mainly because of then fact that he is young, I hope that he will improve and that he offers more at set pieces than Zabba. He's starting to concern me though and I think he's going backwards. Above all else, I actually think he's a bit thick. He doesn't learn from his mistakes, is still prone to rashness and just isn't developing the way a player of his age and early promise should. It's all too easy easy to level the 'bling, bling' acusation at him but I don't buy in to that. The bottom line is that for whatever reason, he hasn't progressed at all in the last 3 years, and that's worrying for a player of his age.

Retains the jersey for me but time running out.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby linwood » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:24 pm

How bad does Richards have to be to get dropped?

We have not conceeded any goals inspite of him and mainly because of Shay Given.

Richards shows no signs of improving whatsoever. He lacks positional sense, has poor ball skills and passing ability, offers little going forward, but most importantly does not seem to show determination and the correct attitude. What he does offer in aerial ability and physical presence are far outweighed by his negative traits.

Give me Zaba or Ned any day.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Grob » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:36 am

Last season and in pre season for me Zabaletta proved to be the superior right back.

Richards would be a fantastic center half if he had the discipline. He needs to watch Toure closely.

I think both are very good players but Zabaletta is the better footballer and fits our system better.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Blue2 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:20 am

Micah for me, getting back to his best. Zabs too much of a headless chicken, dives in and I always thinks he's heading for a red card
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:39 pm

Surprisingly I went for Pab Zab, a proper RB and one who can read the game and tackle, all he lacks is pace, but his reading of the game and ability on the ball and in the tackle, make pace a non-issue for him, as he is in the right place at the right time.

Micah is a CB played out of position and is currently the 4th best RB choice at the club, behind Pab Zab, Kieran Trippier and Nedum Onouha.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Blue2 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:51 pm

Absolute bollocks, Onuha is shite at full back, Trippier is no where near good enough yet( how many times have you seen him play?)
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:32 pm

Blue2 wrote:Absolute bollocks, Onuha is shite at full back, Trippier is no where near good enough yet( how many times have you seen him play?)

Fully agree about Nedum. It keeps getting mentioned time and time again that he should be tried there but he is shite at RB, excellent young centerback though.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum