Robben to Bayern - Ribery to..?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robben to Bayern - Ribery to..?

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:13 am

Bayern Munich agree Robben deal

Robben could make his Bayern debut as early as Saturday
Real Madrid have agreed to sell former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben to Bayern Munich for a reported £22m.

Robben will have a medical on Friday and Bayern chief Uli Hoeness hopes the Dutchman will be able to play against champions VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday.

The 25-year-old had been linked with a move away from the Bernabeu since the arrivals of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka, with Tottenham reportedly interested.

Hoeness said: "He will make our team even more attractive."

Robben earned a reputation at both Chelsea and Real as an exciting playmaker but one who was easily injured, and he only played 50 matches in two seasons in Spain. He has 43 caps for the Netherlands.

Hoeness, Bayern's general manager, added: "He's one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe. He's always been one of the players we wanted.

"Our intention is to have Robben play on the right and Franck Ribery on the left. If it all goes perfectly and without any hitches, it would be theoretically possible for him to play on Saturday."

Just don't believe this line for some reason. Chelsea have been sniffing after Ribery all summer.

And to quote Hughes "If good players become available that will improve the team then we will be interested"
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: Robben to Bayern - Ribery to..?

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:22 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Bayern Munich agree Robben deal

Robben could make his Bayern debut as early as Saturday
Real Madrid have agreed to sell former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben to Bayern Munich for a reported £22m.

Robben will have a medical on Friday and Bayern chief Uli Hoeness hopes the Dutchman will be able to play against champions VfL Wolfsburg on Saturday.

The 25-year-old had been linked with a move away from the Bernabeu since the arrivals of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka, with Tottenham reportedly interested.

Hoeness said: "He will make our team even more attractive."

Robben earned a reputation at both Chelsea and Real as an exciting playmaker but one who was easily injured, and he only played 50 matches in two seasons in Spain. He has 43 caps for the Netherlands.

Hoeness, Bayern's general manager, added: "He's one of the best attacking midfielders in Europe. He's always been one of the players we wanted.

"Our intention is to have Robben play on the right and Franck Ribery on the left. If it all goes perfectly and without any hitches, it would be theoretically possible for him to play on Saturday."

Just don't believe this line for some reason. Chelsea have been sniffing after Ribery all summer.

And to quote Hughes "If good players become available that will improve the team then we will be interested"

There are one or two rumours connecting us with this but I can't see it myself.

Ribery would've been my No 1 signing for City, I think he's perfect for the PL & would prefer him to Kaka. If the rags genuinely have money to spend though, there's no way Ferguson wouldn't sign this bloke. He's absolutely the ideal player for for them to replace Giggs & Ladyboy & is obviously related to the Nevilles.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:27 am

Ribery has stated many many times that he is happy at Bayern and for once I actually believe a player
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby rick1894citizen » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:29 am

Ribery, Lescott and Tevez that would scare the kids ;o) On a serious note if we sign anyone else think it will be a replacement for Tbh (or is that just wishful thinking)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:39 am

The sooner this window closes the better. Iv still got a horrid feeling that the rags have some big guns lined up and will shock the world in the closing days of the window. Im sure Im just being para but surely they cant be happy with losing Tevez and Ronaldo and replacing with Owen and Valencia!?? can they??
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beanieboy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:53 am

Dazzacity wrote:The sooner this window closes the better. Iv still got a horrid feeling that the rags have some big guns lined up and will shock the world in the closing days of the window. Im sure Im just being para but surely they cant be happy with losing Tevez and Ronaldo and replacing with Owen and Valencia!?? can they??

I have this great feeling that this is going to be the year Scum lose their top 3 place,...i don't dare to say we will be taking it from them, but i just feel luck is going to run out for the cunts!...........hope i'm right for once!
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dazzacity » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:00 am

Beanieboy wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:The sooner this window closes the better. Iv still got a horrid feeling that the rags have some big guns lined up and will shock the world in the closing days of the window. Im sure Im just being para but surely they cant be happy with losing Tevez and Ronaldo and replacing with Owen and Valencia!?? can they??

I have this great feeling that this is going to be the year Scum lose their top 3 place,...i don't dare to say we will be taking it from them, but i just feel luck is going to run out for the cunts!...........hope i'm right for once!

With their current side I really do think they will slip away..Fingers crossed ey. Something strange is happening as Im sure it wouldnt be Baconfaces choice not to spend all that cash they got for Ron. Maybe the owners have slipped it straight into their back pockets??? lets hope so.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:32 am

Pep Guadiola has been on the phone to Les for a week trying to get him to sell Robbie - even after they met in Barcelona last week. Les says 'no way' but if Ribery suddenly becomes available you never know!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby CitizenYank » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:35 am

Ugh!! Tell me about it!! This summer has been the busiest I can remember.
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby salford city » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:06 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:Ribery, Lescott and Tevez that would scare the kids ;o) On a serious note if we sign anyone else think it will be a replacement for Tbh (or is that just wishful thinking)

I was saying something along those lines last night. If we got Ribery, we'd be running out to the theme tune of the Munsters & be forced to play all our games after the water-shed

only Joking Carlos, Joleon et al
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby smurfsdabomb » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Bayern have no interest in selling Ribery, that's been stated for the umpteenth time.

The only sad thing about this news is it means Schweinsteiger might lose his place. =(
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby rick1894citizen » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:31 pm

salford city wrote:
rick1894citizen wrote:Ribery, Lescott and Tevez that would scare the kids ;o) On a serious note if we sign anyone else think it will be a replacement for Tbh (or is that just wishful thinking)

I was saying something along those lines last night. If we got Ribery, we'd be running out to the theme tune of the Munsters & be forced to play all our games after the water-shed

only Joking Carlos, Joleon et al

Doesn't look half as bad without that shitty red top on though, on topic would be suprised if we make anymore signings.

Is Ribery Left or Right wing? Happy with both flanks tbh although as Les said "if good player's become available we'll be in for them"
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Not to us, to Real. Heard quite a few times that a deal is already in place for next summer but Bayern may have to let him go early (next few days or January) due to financial issues!

Anyway, haven't we got enough of the 'Ugly Tree' bunch?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby irblinx » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Not to us, to Real. Heard quite a few times that a deal is already in place for next summer but Bayern may have to let him go early (next few days or January) due to financial issues!

There was a french journalist on TalkSport earlier today saying as much
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:38 pm

irblinx wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Not to us, to Real. Heard quite a few times that a deal is already in place for next summer but Bayern may have to let him go early (next few days or January) due to financial issues!

There was a french journalist on TalkSport earlier today saying as much

So the French read this site as well? Will wonders ever cease ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Knappe » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Ribery said, that he agrees to stay this season at FC Bayern. But it is quite obvious that he wants to play at Real next season. Also he is no friend of Louis van Klinsmann (as the Bayern coach is called in germany these days. 14th in the Bundesliga. Worst Bayern start into a season since 1964)
Die Nummer 1 im Pott sind wir
Knappe
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Schalke04

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:34 am

I half expect a panic buy from Bacon face. they know they are in trouble.
I doubt it will be Ribery though, I just can't see them being in a position to spunk 40-50 milions on one player.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:12 pm

Franck Ribery will be going to Real Madrid, that is about as much common knowledge as Joleon Lescott coming to Man City was, Chelsea have been turned down flat by him TWICE, United couldn't afford him, that £80m they got from Real Madrid has gone to finance some of that mountain of debt they are saddled in.

One thing is for sure for the idiot that suggested buying Ribery and sell Robinho, what a fucking stupid thing to do, buy a class player of 28 years of age and sell a world class player of better skill and ability and only 25 years old.......genius, with logic like that you should be the AC Milan manager, or even Chavski for that matter, two geriatric sides.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Franck Ribery will be going to Real Madrid, that is about as much common knowledge as Joleon Lescott coming to Man City was, Chelsea have been turned down flat by him TWICE, U***d couldn't afford him, that £80m they got from Real Madrid has gone to finance some of that mountain of debt they are saddled in.

One thing is for sure for the idiot that suggested buying Ribery and sell Robinho, what a fucking stupid thing to do, buy a class player of 28 years of age and sell a world class player of better skill and ability and only 25 years old.......genius, with logic like that you should be the AC Milan manager, or even Chavski for that matter, two geriatric sides.

Ad who was that then Riggers?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum