Credit To Hughes

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Credit To Hughes

Postby Vhero » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:58 pm

shawzy wrote:
Vhero wrote:Also people are talking about not conceding any but if it wasnt for Shay and the crossbar that would be a differnt story.. We have been lucky more than anything not to concede.

Our opposition have also been very lucky that we didnt score more so its pretty even stevens in the luck department.
Look at the rags last season with those eleven 1-0 wins.

Don't disagree with you there mate not at all.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:22 pm

It's not just about the test v Arse and Filth. I read recently that while Filth hardly excelled against the other top four sides, they managed 19 wins and one draw in the twenty matches against the bottom ten teams in the Prem. Three points is three points and ultimately crushing the also rans and stragglers was the difference between them winning the league and not, despite getting dicked homa and away by Scouse.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Blue in the face » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:40 pm

Vhero wrote:Also people are talking about not conceding any but if it wasnt for Shay and the crossbar that would be a differnt story.. We have been lucky more than anything not to concede.

Lucky my fuckin arse! Hes the best keeper in the league and hes doing his job. Thats what he was bought for.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:02 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:...I've only actually seen the Wolves & Barca games and had to listen to commentaries for the others, so maybe I've missed something, but the balance of the team looks all wrong around the midfield area. It's not how I'd set it up, but I'm no expert, so maybe it will come good...

...I'd also expect to see de Jong's toys flying soon...

We played the Barca game in a rigid 4-5-1 - the only time this season (and preseason) I've seen us do it - and it was a tactical decision to cope with the arguably the best club-level midfield in the world. I would say he coped very well tactically, waiting for the occasional counter attack chance when he knew Barca would be pressing for a win. Anyway I wouldn't go making any season-wide assumptions involving that match.

As for De Jong he has an interview on the official site stating he expects to have to fight for a place and is willing to do it - he also has a few words for anyone not willing to contribute.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Grob » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:47 am

3 wins from 3 and 3 clean sheets.

What more can you ask for.

Im just interested to see what happens when we lose a game we were expected to win....
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:09 am

Grob wrote:3 wins from 3 and 3 clean sheets.

What more can you ask for.

Im just interested to see what happens when we lose a game we were expected to win....

under sven we had a 3 win start and no goals conceded isnt that right?im no hughes hater but its wayyy to early either way to make adecision, i think this weekend is vital, this is am match we would of lost for the past few years, they are on a horrible run theyve just been taken over, new players this is acid test in my opinion...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:33 am

Nothing directed personally at you mate, but this kind of shit is bugging the hell out of me.

There is nothing lucky about having a world class goal keeper. United have one (normally), Chelsea, Liverpool.... and they ALL make at least one or two cracking saves on average per game.

Secondly, hitting the cross bar or post is recorded as a shot OFF target. The line has the end somewhere.

Very few teams go through a game without a few hairy moments, but the fact remains that we are THE ONLY TEAM IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE TO NOT CONCEDED A SINGLE GOAL.

You can look at if, ands or buts if you like, but that's something that I associate with the bad old days... how we NEARLY bet good teams... How we SHOULD have beaten the big teams in certain games, BUT for the post and crossbar... IF their keeper hadn't made great saves AND they hadn't scored that lucky goal...

Its looking like we could be one of the these teams now, so let the losing fans talk like this.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:38 am

'If that'd been on target, It'd've been a goal'!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:46 am

Beefymcfc wrote:'If that'd been on target, It'd've been a goal'!!

That's an (very) old Jasper Carrott quote.
"If it'd have gone in the net, it'd have been a goal."
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum