Credit To Hughes

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Credit To Hughes

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:43 am

It has to be said even by me. We have improved dramatically from last season and playing really well although there are still room for improvement on many areas. But as I've always said, you can't argue with results and he is getting them. Let's hope we can continue to do that and this isn't just momentarily improvement.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Credit To Hughes

Postby Wooders » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:45 am

I just spat my tea everywhere
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Dronny » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:45 am

Nurse, Antii's not taking his meds again!

Fair shout mate and true to your word.
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CitizenYank » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:45 am

Yeah, I really liked our form vs the Eagles. Seems that he is getting everyone on the same page for the first time.

Of course, he said it would take more than *GASP* one year. Maybe he is a prophet!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:45 am

Little premature there antii, let's wait till Christmas...after all that was the lickers policy (until we were languishing just above relegation at Christmas, then it was the end of the season)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:46 am

Stop it, I'm already convinced it's all a dream & I'm about to wake up after suffering from a blow on the head from a Trevor Sinclair free kick. Posts like this don't help.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:46 am

Wooders wrote:I just spat my tea everywhere

Ditto!

Call the emergency services...I think Antii is having some sort of seizure
Last edited by Beeks on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:47 am

Slim wrote:Little premature there antii, let's wait till Christmas...after all that was the lickers policy (until we were languishing just above relegation at Christmas, then it was the end of the season)

I'm not saying he has won me over, far from it. But he is doing well selection and tactiswise right now. Even I can't claim otherwise.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:48 am

CitizenYank wrote:Yeah, I really liked our form vs the Eagles. Seems that he is getting everyone on the same page for the first time.

Of course, he said it would take more than *GASP* one year. Maybe he is a prophet!!

???

God bless you Americans, you make even the most despicable English posters seem okay.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby smurfsdabomb » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:09 am

To be honest I wouldn't throw a parade for a team because they beat two of the bottom six sides and a mediocre championship outfit.

The main thing I'd praise the setup for this season is the defence which has been very solid, but he's just sold the cornerstone in that defence so Hughes might be unhinging it himself, we'll see.
For me the midfield still seems a little strange, I'm not sure I like Robinho and Ireland that far away from goal
Last edited by smurfsdabomb on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:10 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Slim wrote:Little premature there antii, let's wait till Christmas...after all that was the lickers policy (until we were languishing just above relegation at Christmas, then it was the end of the season)

I'm not saying he has won me over, far from it. But he is doing well selection and tactiswise right now. Even I can't claim otherwise.

To be honest, I've never actually been 100% convinced by him & I'm still not, it's just that I believe it takes longer than people think, to prove it one way or the other. I really like the look of what's happening at the moment though & I think if he can acheive what he's aiming for, it could be a bit special. He's certainly trying to create great football. Will it all go Keegan/Horton though?

I'll still be reserving my judgement for the end of the season unless we run away with the league or are stranded near the bottom. Lots of potential ups & downs to come, even in the next week or two.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:10 am

Fuck me,NOTHING MORE TO ADD.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:11 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:To be honest I wouldn't throw a parade for a team because they beat two of the bottom six sides and a mediocre championship outfit.

You wouldn't want City to have a parade though would you, seeing as you're not a City supporter?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:14 am

Credit to Antii!

Thought it may take a bit longer for you to post this, but it sure is difficult to find much fault at the moment (yet).

I always maintained that he needed a chance to get his own transfer window in (apart from Jan) and rid the squad of the losers who laughed & joked when losing 8-1.

The mental attitude is that we CAN win the next game, whatever that may be, and with that mentality we have a great chance of doing really well. Our forwards can cut through anyone.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Blue2 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:17 am

Early days, if any manager had spent £200m in 12 mths I reckon he could manage a team to have won the last 3 games.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:19 am

Slim wrote:
CitizenYank wrote:Yeah, I really liked our form vs the Eagles. Seems that he is getting everyone on the same page for the first time.

???

God bless you Americans, you make even the most despicable English posters seem okay.

thanks asshole. btw i have a consultant on my team, a middle-aged Indian woman, who refers to every client with "the" in front of their company name. it's fuclin outrageous. i do love the mancityfans.net tho. ANd the slim.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:23 am

Blue2 wrote:Early days, if any manager had spent £200m in 12 mths I reckon he could manage a team to have won the last 3 games.

Not too sure about that mate. Someone else may have bought a load of fancy Italians like that bloke just signed for Liverpool, with little chance of them adapting to the Premier. Quite like the fact that nearly all our signings are good Premier players.

Really significant were the 2 wins at Blackburn and Palace (with a nice Barca in between). Both games we would've lost in the past - easily - yet in the end we won both comfortably. This is a whole new phenomenon.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby smurfsdabomb » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:25 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
smurfsdabomb wrote:To be honest I wouldn't throw a parade for a team because they beat two of the bottom six sides and a mediocre championship outfit.

You wouldn't want City to have a parade though would you, seeing as you're not a City supporter?

I am, or at least certainly was. I'm not too crazy about the manner the club is progressing though so I'm undecided at the moment. I'm certainly not an anti-city supporter either way, at the very least. =)
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Twobob » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:27 am

Antii as you have said he's getting the results and we're looking better the more playing time the players are having together.

Aditionally I dont think he's on anyones 'Licking' list but intelligent, unblinkered people can apreciate the current job that is being done.

And at the moment we've got 3 competative wins and 3 competative clean sheets ... Perfect Start - Long may it continue!

I still have splinters in my arse though ;-)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Beeks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:27 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:
I am, or at least certainly was. I'm not too crazy about the manner the club is progressing though

Yeah I know what you mean mate...signing all these world class stars is really getting me down too...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum