Platini and Abramovich say we are bad for the game !!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Platini and Abramovich say we are bad for the game !!!!!

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Just been reading the tabloids, some great reading in the sports pages, seems Abramovich now has a new mate at UEFA HQ in Platini,so alarmed are people like Abramovich and Platini by City’s spending power in the transfer market they want new rules to curb our ability to gate crash the top 4 and Europe’s elite, I wonder if Abramovich wants these rules introduced with retrospective legislation to take in to account Chelsea’s activity in the transfer market ie : spending over £700 000 000 in the last 4 years, and will these rules also affect the likes of the rags with debts of nearly a Billion.

If I was a Chelsea fan I would be alarmed by the antics of their slimy hypocritical owner, because from where I am sitting it looks like he will be leaving his hands firmly in his pockets, the oldest trick in the book at work here, if you cant compete then simply stifle the competition, talk about the clubs breaking even within 3 years, Chelsea cant even fill their ground.

Maybe I am biased being Blue, but I firmly believe City are making the Premiership more entertaining especially for the neutrals, and I think we are good for the game in general, our spending power not only ensures we get to watch some of the best players on the planet it keeps money finding its way in to the game on all levels.

It is Absolutely amazing that the clubs that want legislation introduced are the exact same clubs that have been operating with huge losses for decades whilst saddling their clubs with mammoth debts.

At least our owners are not saddling our club with huge debts like these hypocrites have.

It is time these people grew up and stopped spitting their dummies out of their mouths and realised the game is evolving, Clubs like City are not damaging the game they are in fact improving the game because competing on a similar financial footing to the so called European elite is balancing the playing field and making the game much fairer for all.

There again I am totally missing the point here, this legislation is not wanted for the good of the game, it is wanted to protect the interests of people like Abramovich and Berlusconnii
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Re: Platini and Abramovich say we are bad for the game !!!!!

Postby Beeks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Return to The Maine Football forum