Kevin Mendoza of El Salvador

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kevin Mendoza of El Salvador

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Another youngster coming on trial, allegedly, at our glorious club. Lifted from that well-known site 'elsalvador.com':

(not sure if we know he's coming, or where Ian Rush comes in!!!!)

http://www.elsalvador.com/mwedh/nota/no ... rt=3954256

Translation (a bit hard because he's mostly talking rubbish in Spanish when quoted): A nervous smile, some dreamy eyes and the eagerness of having been chosen to prove himself in the youth 'factory' of Manchester City, of the EPL, surrounds Kevin Mendoza. The scholarship holder from the Educational Foundation of Salvador(FESA), chosen by Ian Rush - veteran of Liverpool and Juventus - is one of the talents who for 10 days will be camped in the hime of City, to try and find a place and sign for the club.

"I'm very happy for this opportunity which has been given me, which many dont have. I still can't believe a chance like this to go and train with the team academy and it is an important challenge" explains the defender.

16 years old, and with 4 years studying in FESA, Mendoza details his qualities as 'the attitude I put onto the pitch, the speed', besides a good aerial game and one on one contests.

This gem of national football considers that, as a test which wont last long, the 'most important objective is to give all my maximum effort and take advantage of the 10 days to be able to leave a good impression of what El Salvador has....besides maybe being able to open the door to any of my fellow-countrymen, over a period of many years.'

If Kevin manages to like Manchester, he could stay in the youth team. "I hope to learn a lot of football from them, because it's very different, listening to the coaches, and I hope to realise the dream of being able to play with a team in the big League", dreams the boy.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Kevin Mendoza of El Salvador

Postby BmoreBlue » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:34 pm

do we know anything else about him besides age? maybe a position?

always good to see us investing back in the academy - hope he sticks.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Defender is all I know.

Found another article on this which states Ian Rush announced yesterday the names of the 6 Central American youngsters who have been granted a trial at City (???) - this boy, 2 from Panama, 2 from Costa Rica and a Honduran.

Anyone know if Ian Rush has anything to do with us or is this just bollox?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:14 pm

Aha - found the answer in an article from Nassau, believe it or not. Why weren't mancityfans.net consulted about this?? All is revealed:

http://www.thenassauguardian.com/sports ... 886513.php

TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras — Digicel, the largest mobile operator in the Caribbean and recent entrant to Central America, recently launched the Digicel Kick Start Clinics in Honduras with Head Coach and Liverpool legend, Ian Rush, who will coach 40 aspiring young footballers during the two-day clinics.

Following on from the hugely successful Digicel Kick Start Clinics in the Caribbean, the Kick Start Clinics are taking place in four countries in Central America – Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras and El Salvador – and six talented young footballers will be chosen by Liverpool legend, Ian Rush, to spend one week training with UK Premier League Football Club, Manchester City FC, in October.

So far, the Digicel Kick Start Clinics have been a great success in Panama and Costa Rica with Ian Rush saying at the press conference that he was expecting to see even more talented young footballers in Honduras.

"I have seen some fantastic talent emerging from the two Digicel Kick Start Clinics that took place in Panama and Costa Rica. The young footballers showed great technical ability and I am expecting to see more of the same over the next two days in Honduras. Football is the most popular sport here in Honduras with three senior footballers playing for clubs in the UK Premier League," Rush said.

Digicel Central America Sponsorship Manager, Vittorio Gotuzzo, said of the Central American leg of the Digicel Kick Start Clinics: "Digicel is delighted to be bringing the Digicel Kick Start Clinics to Central America for the first time. They are a huge success in the Caribbean and we are looking forward to seeing which six talented young players Ian Rush selects to go to Manchester City FC in October.

"The Digicel Kick Start Clinics are a great way for talented young footballers to learn important football skills from a football legend such as Ian Rush. We believe that there is a wealth of talented footballers in Central America and we want to give them every opportunity to realize their dreams."

The next stop for the Digicel Kick Start Clinics is El Salvador for a two-day clinic which takes place from August 24-25.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby gillie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:33 pm

john@staustell wrote:Aha - found the answer in an article from Nassau, believe it or not. Why weren't mancityfans.net consulted about this?? All is revealed:

http://www.thenassauguardian.com/sports ... 886513.php

TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras — Digicel, the largest mobile operator in the Caribbean and recent entrant to Central America, recently launched the Digicel Kick Start Clinics in Honduras with Head Coach and Liverpool legend, Ian Rush, who will coach 40 aspiring young footballers during the two-day clinics.

Following on from the hugely successful Digicel Kick Start Clinics in the Caribbean, the Kick Start Clinics are taking place in four countries in Central America – Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras and El Salvador – and six talented young footballers will be chosen by Liverpool legend, Ian Rush, to spend one week training with UK Premier League Football Club, Manchester City FC, in October.

So far, the Digicel Kick Start Clinics have been a great success in Panama and Costa Rica with Ian Rush saying at the press conference that he was expecting to see even more talented young footballers in Honduras.

"I have seen some fantastic talent emerging from the two Digicel Kick Start Clinics that took place in Panama and Costa Rica. The young footballers showed great technical ability and I am expecting to see more of the same over the next two days in Honduras. Football is the most popular sport here in Honduras with three senior footballers playing for clubs in the UK Premier League," Rush said.

Digicel Central America Sponsorship Manager, Vittorio Gotuzzo, said of the Central American leg of the Digicel Kick Start Clinics: "Digicel is delighted to be bringing the Digicel Kick Start Clinics to Central America for the first time. They are a huge success in the Caribbean and we are looking forward to seeing which six talented young players Ian Rush selects to go to Manchester City FC in October.

"The Digicel Kick Start Clinics are a great way for talented young footballers to learn important football skills from a football legend such as Ian Rush. We believe that there is a wealth of talented footballers in Central America and we want to give them every opportunity to realize their dreams."

The next stop for the Digicel Kick Start Clinics is El Salvador for a two-day clinic which takes place from August 24-25.

This has to be a Taffia connection what with Rush being involved and thats why these kids are coming to us imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum