Rigsby to Spuds again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Rigsby to Spuds again

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:26 pm

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard- ... o=newsnow&

Which will leave us short one left mid if he leaves I reckon, if Robbie is injured:

Tottenham are understood to have made a £3.5million bid to sign Manchester City winger Martin Petrov. Spurs had been interested in the Bulgaria international for a few seasons but lost out to City in 2007 after not being able to offer him the same wages.

He is believed to be on £70,000 a week but is now only a fringe member of the squad at Eastlands following their mass spending in the transfer market.

Harry Redknapp sees Petrov as providing good width on the left flank and signing him would give the Spurs manager the option of moving Luka Modric into a more central role.

City are prepared to do business but will probably hold out for a higher fee before the window closes on Tuesday
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Rigsby to Spuds again

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:43 pm

Probably bullshit but if we were to sell him to Spuds it would be madness. It's one thing letting Dunne stay in the PL as a reward for his service but if we let Petrov go, it has to be abroad, then there's no chance of him playing against us until he's 30 odd & on the wane. If we sell him to Spuds he'll score against us. I don't want to sell him anyway unless he's keen to leave,
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Why sell him this late in the window, and to Spurs? Would leave us short in the position and strengthen a rival for a top 6 spot which goes totally against our blueprint.

Oh and £3.5m? Your'e avin a laff Arry.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:56 pm

This will happen...Martins not happy and you can tell...He will jump at the chance to go to Spurs and I say for the right price let him go...I think he might be quite disruptive if he's benchwarming this season
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beanieboy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:05 pm

for the right price i agree he might be better off moving on,....in the current market and the stage of this window that price would have to be upwards of 8m,...and preferably abroad....would rather keep him as back-up and even starting in difficult away games and cup ties,...rob will need his fair share of rest i reckon this season, not having Martin available last season was part of the reason Rob had some hard times i think....i'd say keep the old man
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:59 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:This will happen...Martins not happy and you can tell...He will jump at the chance to go to Spurs and I say for the right price let him go...I think he might be quite disruptive if he's benchwarming this season

yr fuclin high bro. who plays left wing if Robson gets punched in the dick at Bolton or Stoke, etc?

i think Petrov will be good for 12 matches this season between the league and cups. that might not be enough for him, but i'd consider handing him another 10K a week to have a nice big cup of shut the fuck up and play nicely.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:16 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:This will happen...Martins not happy and you can tell...He will jump at the chance to go to Spurs and I say for the right price let him go...I think he might be quite disruptive if he's benchwarming this season

yr fuclin high bro. who plays left wing if Robson gets punched in the dick at Bolton or Stoke, etc?

i think Petrov will be good for 12 matches this season between the league and cups. that might not be enough for him, but i'd consider handing him another 10K a week to have a nice big cup of shut the fuck up and play nicely.

cheers

The big flaw in this also is that Spuds have a big squad too, so Petrov could just be swapping one bench for another.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Vhero » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:21 pm

Crazy letting him go to the only team who could potentially shit on our parade this season when it comes to breaking into the big four. I think this transfer will be a good judge of character for Hughes.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 pm

A classic Spurs man. I'd definitely let him go and mince about on their left wing. Try and squeeze a few quid more out of them though.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby CityGer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:29 pm

I don't think we should sell and I'd be sad to see him go but he is a stick on to leave before the window closes.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby shawzy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:59 pm

I like Petrov.Great player to bring off the bench when things aint goin to plan.
If he wants to leave then Hughes should at least keep him until the Jan window.Remember we are losing Ade around the same time.
We can buy a replacement in that window 2 :-)#
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:41 pm

3.5m .... hahahahaha he is worth more than twice as much.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby gillie » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:47 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:A classic Spurs man. I'd definitely let him go and mince about on their left wing. Try and squeeze a few quid more out of them though.

I am suprised you want to sell. NOT lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:10 am

3.5m seems way too littlle - why would we even bother thinking about it at that price? If he gets disruptive warming the bench stick him in the reserves for a week or two.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby dazby » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:10 am

Unless we bring in a kid to replace him, no thanks. I'd rather an unhappy Petrov on the bench than no Petrov. He gives us an option we don't have. But everyone knows this. I'm just stating the bleeding obvious. Right Piccs?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:15 am

dazby wrote:Unless we bring in a kid to replace him, no thanks. I'd rather an unhappy Petrov on the bench than no Petrov. He gives us an option we don't have. But everyone knows this. I'm just stating the bleeding obvious. Right Piccs?

Reason, Petrov, Piccs.

Seriously dazby you should know by now, one of these things is not like the others.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Grob » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:11 am

No thanks. He's a unique member of the squad in as much as he is the only out and out winger we truely have in the pure sense of the word.

He provides a completely different attacking option and you can never have too many of those.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby david yearsley » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:17 am

Fucl right off Twitchy - haven´t you been told before?! Sling yer hook! Do ya fink dats triffic?
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:18 am

why does hughes prefer bellamy on the left tho?i understand work rate and when were under the cosh but against palace we were 2 up it would of been perfect for petrov but no?seems to me hughes doesnt rate him...
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:10 am

I don't think we should sell. It's late for us to find a replacement, unless we have thought of one already which I don't know about, and for that price it would be like gifting him to a rival.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum