Robinho is not a left winger ffs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robinho is not a left winger ffs

Postby paulmclaren » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Everyone wonders why robinho has been shit and hot n cold last season is because he simply is not a 'LEFT WINGER'.
Play him either up front or behind the forwards.
Watch the difference.
He would be a different player.
I remember ages agho about when he was at Madrid.
He or the article said he is waisted on the left.
So true.
Now Petrov is an out n out winger, Robinho?
Nope.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Re: Robinho is not a left winger ffs

Postby citybluesmith » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:48 pm

fully agree.he does not play there for brazil,i do not recall him playing there for madrid so i cannot understand why we play him there.i would like to see petrov on the left and then i would play rob behind the front 2.but we already have ireland doing a similar role.so that leaves him up front,but then you would have to drop either tevez or ade.
bring back the old days when we had 1 position 1 player and he was usually not that good !!
citybluesmith
De Michelis's Pace

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:57 pm

paulmclaren wrote:shit and hot n cold

Is this "shit" or "hot n cold"? Or both? He was great last season and if you believe his position is on the left wing I suggest you watch more games.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby shawzy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Its his 2nd season playin on the left for City and if it was a problem it would have been addressed last season.Robbie cuts inside to a central position many times during a game.
He may play better central but hes not complaining about bein left side is he.
If it was a weakness to the team im sure the manager would have figured this out by now and played Petrov left wing and Robbie central with Superman.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Vhero » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:26 pm

I agree with this I see people complaining about him and giving stick but hes always out of position so what do people expect? I mean when Ireland played on the right a couple of years back he was fucking terrible and people were saying they would drive him to another team. Once he got in a position he liked and worked his arse off ( im not saying just the position was the difference) It made a massive difference to his game.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby chef » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:28 pm

the left sided balance of the team has just been improved by the signing of a goofy (snowboard talk) centre back , lets wait n see if this new loaded l/h defence allows rob more freedom to roam !
chef
De Jong's Tackle

Postby M147WN » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:23 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:

Is this "shit" or "hot n cold"? Or both? He was great last season and if you believe his position is on the left wing I suggest you watch more games.

I'd love to see Rob play "in the hole" but if you do that and play a left winger (Petrov) where does Tevez fit in?
Not sure what your on about saying "I suggest you watch more games", Its fairly obvious if you have half a brain rob is directed to play wide left as thats the way he's been lined up by the manager all last season.
Sure he cuts inside but where from? the right flank? central midfield? No.. left wing!
Robinho is a fantastic player but away from home he was nothing more than a bit part player who too often was bullied out of the game last season.
I still wouldn't swap him for the world and i think that left side does not showcase his full repatoire but clearly that's where he started every game last season so I'm a bit mystified by your post. specsaverers maybe??

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:46 pm

M147WN wrote:

I'd love to see Rob play "in the hole" but if you do that and play a left winger (Petrov) where does Tevez fit in?
Not sure what your on about saying "I suggest you watch more games", Its fairly obvious if you have half a brain rob is directed to play wide left as thats the way he's been lined up by the manager all last season.
Sure he cuts inside but where from? the right flank? central midfield? No.. left wing!
Robinho is a fantastic player but away from home he was nothing more than a bit part player who too often was bullied out of the game last season.
I still wouldn't swap him for the world and i think that left side does not showcase his full repatoire but clearly that's where he started every game last season so I'm a bit mystified by your post. specsaverers maybe??

So the left side of attack is now left wing in a 4-3-3?

If you say so
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby M147WN » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:19 am

M147WN wrote:

So the left side of attack is now left wing in a 4-3-3?

If you say so

We can argue/disagree all night about formations but if your saying robinho's talents are not utilised by him playing wide left I'm agreeing with you...but Surely you can't say he's been employed in some other position?
I know nowerdays players numbers mean sweet fuck all...they used to ...if you said to your mate "their 11 is having a blinder" we all knew we were talking about the oppositions left winger!
At Blackburn, even on this forum, theres been heated debate about formations but forgeting defence, midfield was Barry, Ireland, Rob & SWP.....front 2 Bellamy & Ade....4-4-3 ???

I agree with you that I'd love to see Rob playing just behind Ade and again I agree that is where I think he would feel most at ease and we'd see his true talents both at home and away .. but I don't pick the team, MH does and he continues to play Rob wide left!

M147WN

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:06 am

He isnt playing left wing? As has been mentioned, we play 4-3-3. Hes attacking outside left, the position from which he finished 4th top premiership goal scorer last year, equal with Torres and ahead of Rooney. So he's not too shabby from there is he?
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby M147WN » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:16 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:He isnt playing left wing? As has been mentioned, we play 4-3-3. Hes attacking outside left, the position from which he finished 4th top premiership goal scorer last year, equal with Torres and ahead of Rooney. So he's not too shabby from there is he?

But KTG were not playing 4-3-3!
I didn't happen at Blackburn or at home to Wolves or at CP...we're not playing 4-3-3!

M147WN

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:25 am

M147WN wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:He isnt playing left wing? As has been mentioned, we play 4-3-3. Hes attacking outside left, the position from which he finished 4th top premiership goal scorer last year, equal with Torres and ahead of Rooney. So he's not too shabby from there is he?

But KTG were not playing 4-3-3!
I didn't happen at Blackburn or at home to Wolves or at CP...we're not playing 4-3-3!

Well to me it looks like this:

--------------------Given------------------

Richards----Toure----Lescott------Bridge

SWP-------------Ireland-------------Barry

---Tevez ---------------------Robinho---

------------------Ade---------------------

No?
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:53 am

To me it's irelevent weather he plays on the left wing or behind a target man because he always cuts inside meaning he's behind our main striker 9 times out of 10. The reason he was so ineffective away from home last season is because we didn't have enough quality around him to free up his brillant attacking abilitys (Ireland apart).

There is also the problem of him being very light, which means physical sides such as Bolton, Stoke and Blackburn are going to go out with a plan to bully him out of the game. Which of course was alot easier for them to execute last season.

Now however they won't just have Robson to worry about, theres Tevez and Ade alongside him with Stevie and SWP behind those 3 aswell as Barry when we play him in a further role creating havoc for the opposition defences.

Last season we would go away and it was obvious that teams would put two men on Robinho freezing him out of the game meaning Stevie, (who was usually the man finding that killer ball for Robson last season) had to do alot more work and rely more on the likes of SWP, Caicedo and Elano away from home who are no where near as deadly infront of goal as Robinho. Now Superman can pick out passes for the likes of Tevez, Ade, RSC, SWP and Bellamy on any given day aswell as Robinho, meaning defences can't afford to give Robson as much attention anymore resulting in him being a hell of alot more effective on the road this season.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:25 am

Playing off the left he scored and created more than Petrov. Loads more. Why on earth would you want to go back to a far more ineffective player out there? Just nonsense.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:10 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Playing off the left he scored and created more than Petrov. Loads more. Why on earth would you want to go back to a far more ineffective player out there? Just nonsense.

This whole thread is nonsense.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 am

The real Robinho questions , because Barca are reportedly still after him . is whether he would want to go and how hard Barca will try to get him in the last days of the trfr window? Would we sell ?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:44 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The real Robinho questions , because Barca are reportedly still after him . is whether he would want to go and how hard Barca will try to get him in the last days of the trfr window? Would we sell ?

Sure, can we have Messi as a replacement.

I don't think City are in any danger of losing players they don't want to at the moment, maybe in 1 or 2 years if we fail to deliver on expectations but right now it's a new project for all of them and I doubt anyone would want to leave.

On a sidenote, Douglas was there no training yesterday?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:07 am

I was told they would be coming straight back after the Palace game and would be likely to have a light training session on Friday afternoon. I did pop along to check at 1.15 and there was no sign of life so I didn't hang around but I am pretty sure they wouldnt have been out the day after a game and all the main players took a full part. I was helping at a cricket match anyway so had little time .
More likely is that they will do something today before flying down later inthe afternoon. Another cricket day but I should find an hour before that starts.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:11 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I was told they would be coming straight back after the Palace game and would be likely to have a light training session on Friday afternoon. I did pop along to check at 1.15 and there was no sign of life so I didn't hang around but I am pretty sure they wouldnt have been out the day after a game and all the main players took a full part. I was helping at a cricket match anyway so had little time .
More likely is that they will do something today before flying down later inthe afternoon. Another cricket day but I should find an hour before that starts.

Cheers douglas, those reports kill chinners bollox.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby s1ty m » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:32 am

difficult to call this one. robbie is not an 'in the hole' player, imho. that position, often called 8.5 is the role platini played, and he is no platini in any way, robbie is much more direct. rob definitely leans to the left. winger though, dunno.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum