Robinho is not a left winger ffs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho is not a left winger ffs

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:55 am

Robbie is our roaming forward. He might call the left side his home, but he rarely spends 90 minutes there. I do like it when he moves and Shaunt switches sides or Barry slots in left. Really it's the fluid attacking stuff of dreams.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Grob » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:10 am

Not read the entire thread but Robinho hasnt been played as a left winger per se this season so i dont see the OP's point.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Stevie irelands lost wig » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:42 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
M147WN wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:He isnt playing left wing? As has been mentioned, we play 4-3-3. Hes attacking outside left, the position from which he finished 4th top premiership goal scorer last year, equal with Torres and ahead of Rooney. So he's not too shabby from there is he?

But KTG were not playing 4-3-3!
I didn't happen at Blackburn or at home to Wolves or at CP...we're not playing 4-3-3!

Well to me it looks like this:

--------------------Given------------------

Richards----Toure----Lescott------Bridge

SWP-------------Ireland-------------Barry

---Tevez ---------------------Robinho---

------------------Ade---------------------

No?

mate. Stick Barry Just Behind Ireland and SWP and that is what we play!

Like:
Barry
SWP Ireland

On Robinho. That is where he played last season and he obviously hasn't said anything to Hughes about wanting to pla elsewhere. WHEN he gets one goal. Watch him - and the rest of our strikeline - suddenly pick up more goals fron Robbie himself and Robbie having the confidence to take people on and assist.
Stevie irelands lost wig
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Twobob » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:43 am

Robinho is not a left winger ffs

You're Correct he isn't and doesn't - any more useless posts stating the obvious?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:54 am

Robinho has played 99% of his games for Brazil & 99% of his games for Madrid in exactly the same position he's playing now. He doesn't stay on the wing because he isn't playing as a winger & anyone that says he is, should actually try watching him or try watching him sober.

He plays on the left side of attack & cuts in, occasionally moving to the right & also drops deeper when he's in the mood. On the odd,very rare, occasion he plays more centrally for Brazil, he tends to end up drifting to the left anyway. The position he's playing is the one he prefers according to his mate Elano who, when claiming credit for Robinho's 1st good spell last season said: "Robbie likes to play on the left".

Whatsmore his away performance at Palace was better than anything he produced last season away apart from v a knackered Everton & better than most of his away performances for Brazil or Madrid where he's often been shite.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:15 pm

True Paul he is not a left winger, but if you honestly believe that he has been "shit or hot & cold" then I think you need to go back to football basic lessons, he has been the only creative spark in our matches so far this season, Robinho would be far more devastating I agree in the middle either with Adebayor or behind him and Tevez.......but to suggest he has been poor this season, well stronger lenses might help you with your eyesight problem.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The real Robinho questions , because Barca are reportedly still after him . is whether he would want to go and how hard Barca will try to get him in the last days of the trfr window? Would we sell ?

NO he wouldn't want to go, he and his wife love the area of Manchester and the fact that they are never "hassled" when out and about, and he also has many friends of south american contingent within the North West.
NO City don't want to sell him, as Pep asked Hughes twice whilst we were in Barca last week and was told to go away both times, without even engaging in any dialogue.
NO Barca won't try and get him in the final few days, because they would be wasting their time, the club don't have the cash to spend on anybody, hence why Mascherano and Fabregas are still in the UK, they blew their transfer funds in getting Ibrashitovich from Inter and giving Jose £40m transfer budget and Eto'o.
NO if we intend to win silverware we wouldn't sell our most skillful and best player, who can change any game in a moment of brilliance.
Robinho_Is_GOD
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:53 pm

Grob wrote:Not read the entire thread but Robinho hasnt been played as a left winger per se this season so i dont see the OP's point.

Ok then, so when bridge is getting challenged at left back, who is there (sometimes) trying to help Bridge out?
Last edited by paulmclaren on Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:56 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:True Paul he is not a left winger, but if you honestly believe that he has been "shit or hot & cold" then I think you need to go back to football basic lessons, he has been the only creative spark in our matches so far this season, Robinho would be far more devastating I agree in the middle either with Adebayor or behind him and Tevez.......but to suggest he has been poor this season, well stronger lenses might help you with your eyesight problem.

How many assists has he done in the 3 games he has played?
How many goals has he scored in the 3 games he has played?
I fail to see where people think he has been our been creative player this season.
For me, it has been Stevie ireland and Barry, hands down.
Robinho does not even get in my top 4 for performances this season.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby petrov » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:25 pm

citybluesmith wrote:fully agree.he does not play there for brazil,i do not recall him playing there for madrid so i cannot understand why we play him there.i would like to see petrov on the left and then i would play rob behind the front 2.but we already have ireland doing a similar role.so that leaves him up front,but then you would have to drop either tevez or ade.
bring back the old days when we had 1 position 1 player and he was usually not that good !!

didn't watch much of madrid than did ya. thats where he almost always played for them.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:11 pm

paulmclaren wrote:
Grob wrote:Not read the entire thread but Robinho hasnt been played as a left winger per se this season so i dont see the OP's point.

Ok then, so when bridge is getting challenged at left back, who is there (sometimes) trying to help Bridge out?

Mainly Barry. Robinho is tracking back as well but what does that prove?
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:14 pm

paulmclaren wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:True Paul he is not a left winger, but if you honestly believe that he has been "shit or hot & cold" then I think you need to go back to football basic lessons, he has been the only creative spark in our matches so far this season, Robinho would be far more devastating I agree in the middle either with Adebayor or behind him and Tevez.......but to suggest he has been poor this season, well stronger lenses might help you with your eyesight problem.

I fail to see where people think he has been our been creative player this season.

Oh yeh, now Ive seen those damning facts I can see hes shit????????? Get a grip man!!!!! We're 3 games in, Robbies playing well and is unlucky not have scored in every game. You missing Ged Brannan or somethin?
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

Errrr it proves he is playing on the left?
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:31 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

Oh yeh, now Ive seen those damning facts I can see hes shit????????? Get a grip man!!!!! We're 3 games in, Robbies playing well and is unlucky not have scored in every game. You missing Ged Brannan or somethin?

No i don't want Ged fucking Brannan back, those things I have pointed out are fact.
And i did not call him shit once.
I said he is playing shit.
There is a difference.
And i still stand to my point that he is not our most creative player.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:46 pm

paulmclaren wrote:Everyone wonders why robinho has been shit.....
Not at all! I think he has been fuclin brilliant!

The media may have you believe he hasn't performed but if you watch him and form your own opinion you will see what a top player he is.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Hughes plays him out left because there’s more cover when he loses the ball, that’s my opinion anyway.
CITYTILLIDIE11
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby lythamblue » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:50 pm

Why is it, when he doesn't run around the pitch juggling the ball whilst doing 4 step overs before he overhead kicks the ball into the top corner of the net .... everyone (mainly the media) sas he has had a shit game???

I'll tell you why ..... it's because he is one of the most talented players on the planet and therefore that is what people are expecting him to do every game, and therefore he disappoints when it doesn't happen.

However, he will only do the sublime around half a dozen times a season and that will probably be worth around 6 extra points to any team he is playing for. The rest of the time he will just be a good attacking option who will score and create no more or no less than any other player in our side.

When you watch him live (not on telly) watch the runs he makes and the space he creates for others, plus he scares the bollox out of the opposition and makes them change the way they play and interrupts their systems.

As to the tracking back, well he is never going to be good at that, neither is Messi, Kaka or Ronaldo but no one picks on them for it. When you play with someoe like him on the team, you just have to accept that when you haven't got the ball you are playing with 10 men and the others are going to have to work harder to compensate. However, when you have got the ball ..... it's like playing with 12 men, because he is capable of doing absulutely anything with it.

He ain't a left winger, right winger, creative midfielder, support striker, target striker et all. He is Robinho, you let him roam the pitch doing whatever feels natural and let him find a way to create havoc wherever he plays.

So ..... is he a luxury? Yes, off course he is ..... but one we can and must afford to have in the team and make whatever sacrifices and compensation we need to accommodate him.

Apart from all the above, he is still the only player we have that is capable of those jaw dropiing moments that can be worth the entrance money on their own.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:44 am

paulmclaren wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

Well yeh, thats obvious to anyone who knows their left from right, but he isn't playing left midfield.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Twobob » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:19 am

paulmclaren wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

Maybe you should figure out what a Left Winger is compared to someone who plays on the left side - He plays on the left side of a forward three (or two with one further forward).

You contradicted yourself with the earlier quote about cover for Bridge - Shit even I know a left winger from a left sided player!!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:26 am

Twobob wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

Maybe you should figure out what a Left Winger is compared to someone who plays on the left side - He plays on the left side of a forward three (or two with one further forward).

You contradicted yourself with the earlier quote about cover for Bridge - Shit even I know a left winger from a left sided player!!

Can you explain it to Piccs, I was trying to explain this very concept to him about 6 months ago in a "why Petrov offers something different to Robinho" lesson. He is a 'special' student, so use small words.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum