Robinho is not a left winger ffs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho is not a left winger ffs

Postby Leedsblue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:16 am

lythamblue wrote:Why is it, when he doesn't run around the pitch juggling the ball whilst doing 4 step overs before he overhead kicks the ball into the top corner of the net .... everyone (mainly the media) sas he has had a shit game???

I'll tell you why ..... it's because he is one of the most talented players on the planet and therefore that is what people are expecting him to do every game, and therefore he disappoints when it doesn't happen.

However, he will only do the sublime around half a dozen times a season and that will probably be worth around 6 extra points to any team he is playing for. The rest of the time he will just be a good attacking option who will score and create no more or no less than any other player in our side.

When you watch him live (not on telly) watch the runs he makes and the space he creates for others, plus he scares the bollox out of the opposition and makes them change the way they play and interrupts their systems.

As to the tracking back, well he is never going to be good at that, neither is Messi, Kaka or Ronaldo but no one picks on them for it. When you play with someoe like him on the team, you just have to accept that when you haven't got the ball you are playing with 10 men and the others are going to have to work harder to compensate. However, when you have got the ball ..... it's like playing with 12 men, because he is capable of doing absulutely anything with it.

He ain't a left winger, right winger, creative midfielder, support striker, target striker et all. He is Robinho, you let him roam the pitch doing whatever feels natural and let him find a way to create havoc wherever he plays.

So ..... is he a luxury? Yes, off course he is ..... but one we can and must afford to have in the team and make whatever sacrifices and compensation we need to accommodate him.

Apart from all the above, he is still the only player we have that is capable of those jaw dropiing moments that can be worth the entrance money on their own.

An excellent post. Re the last sentence, I think Ade is also capable of that as well.
Within the general debate I think Ireland's position has changed since last season and he is now playing much more deeper. I know see him playing in front of defence rather than behind the attack (subtle I know). I am not sure that is where he wants to be or where he is best at.
Leedsblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:41 am

I don't think Ade is, but Shauny is.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:52 am

lythamblue wrote:Why is it, when he doesn't run around the pitch juggling the ball whilst doing 4 step overs before he overhead kicks the ball into the top corner of the net .... everyone (mainly the media) sas he has had a shit game???

I'll tell you why ..... it's because he is one of the most talented players on the planet and therefore that is what people are expecting him to do every game, and therefore he disappoints when it doesn't happen.

However, he will only do the sublime around half a dozen times a season and that will probably be worth around 6 extra points to any team he is playing for. The rest of the time he will just be a good attacking option who will score and create no more or no less than any other player in our side.

When you watch him live (not on telly) watch the runs he makes and the space he creates for others, plus he scares the bollox out of the opposition and makes them change the way they play and interrupts their systems.

As to the tracking back, well he is never going to be good at that, neither is Messi, Kaka or Ronaldo but no one picks on them for it. When you play with someoe like him on the team, you just have to accept that when you haven't got the ball you are playing with 10 men and the others are going to have to work harder to compensate. However, when you have got the ball ..... it's like playing with 12 men, because he is capable of doing absulutely anything with it.

He ain't a left winger, right winger, creative midfielder, support striker, target striker et all. He is Robinho, you let him roam the pitch doing whatever feels natural and let him find a way to create havoc wherever he plays.

So ..... is he a luxury? Yes, off course he is ..... but one we can and must afford to have in the team and make whatever sacrifices and compensation we need to accommodate him.

Apart from all the above, he is still the only player we have that is capable of those jaw dropiing moments that can be worth the entrance money on their own.

A top post mate, thank fucl you still post on here and manage to drag the standard of posts out of the gutter from time to time!

A very good point about the runs Robbie makes. He demonstrated this as early as the 3rd minute of the season when he took 2 defenders away from Adebayor and created the space for him to get his shot in and score.

Unfortunately many of the hacks in this country know fuck all about football and are only impressed by the spectacular and outrageous things that some players do.
It disappoints me that so many people read the shite in the press and take it as being fact when it is actually just the opinion of a clueless hack.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Shegelu » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:01 am

Look, we all agree that Robby is not a left winger, but he does play well in left attacking role, allowed to roam, yeah? This accepted, what we need is a leftback who can back up Robby and cross the ball in. That's where the problem lies. Bridge is just not reliable or accurate enough.
Yo yo yo, TOP BANANA mate, tellin ya!
Shegelu
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:32 am

Blah.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:55 am

We all know that Robbie's not a left winger, however formation wise according to Bowen it's 4-4-2! Credit to those who have been able to see one & apologies from me for saying it's bollocks!

We've all been talking about it but that's what he's said. We've deffo been forming up quite often as almost a chalkboard 4-3-3 when we lose the ball though. I've fully anoraked it on video & it's true. I'm presuming that's a planned thing to give Robbie licence to loaf defensively, & roam around like Cant**a did at OT but it's deffo what's happening a lot of the time. Sometimes when we have the ball it's 2 or even one but rarely 4.

According to Bowen a lot of it is about throwing the players on the pitch telling them to get on with it as they've not had enough time to work on stuff due to new players, international breaks etc. That's the best way with quality players anyway imo; don't stifle them. Give them a plan for defending, guidelines-philosophy for attacking & time to work together, then sort out any problems as they happen to try & eradicate them. Just play a fully tactical game on special occasions.

Be interesting to see how it all shapes up today.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:37 am

For what its worth, we have definitely not been playing 433 this season from kick off. Against Palace the other night when De Jong came on, Hughes was caught on camera clearly holding three fingers in the air. So we then had a central three of Barry Dejong and Ireland. In other words, Hughes told the team to stop playing the other system and go to 433.

But the rest of the time we have clearly been playing a variation of 442. But with some caveats....

One striker always drops deep. Usually its Tevez when on the pitch but also Ade has dropped deep lots of times. In other words the strikers are told to rotate. As long as one of them stays up if the other drops deep then they have instructions to do that. When one of them does drop deep then Robinho pushes right up to support the striker. If Tevez drops so deep that he is close to Barry then Ireland goes further forward to replace Tevez.

In other words we look like a 4411 without the ball, and a 4231 when we counter. The basis of the formation is a variation of 442, but with front players swapping positions and dragging their markers around. Hughes seems to have told them that certain spaces on the pitch should be occupied by someone, but it doesn't matter who it is at the time, as long as someone fills the gap. Only the back 4 players stay in the same position for the whole game. This is why the formation is so hard to pin down. The fans are thinking in terms of positions, but Hughes has got the players thinking in terms of space.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:39 am

Oh forgot to address the original post....

What is a winger? didn't they die out in the 50's?
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bluemoon » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:45 am

Fantastic post Lytham. Paul I really suggest you review our first 3 games this season if you can, cause you're so wrong on this it makes me wonder whether you have watched how we've played this season and understand Robinho's role within the team.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:44 pm

King Kev wrote:A top post mate, thank fucl you still post on here and manage to drag the standard of posts out of the gutter from time to time!

A very good point about the runs Robbie makes. He demonstrated this as early as the 3rd minute of the season when he took 2 defenders away from Adebayor and created the space for him to get his shot in and score.

Unfortunately many of the hacks in this country know fuck all about football and are only impressed by the spectacular and outrageous things that some players do.
It disappoints me that so many people read the shite in the press and take it as being fact when it is actually just the opinion of a clueless hack.

You want gutter posting, you give us an example right there. That is a fucking shitty low blow to everyone who regularly posts on here. Glad he posts here? Fair enough, but to take a swipe at everyone else in doing so? You want to eradicate the 'low standard'? Shitty posts like that are a good place to start. Addressing the posts you disagree with is another, you think anyone is gonna ball you out for having a shot at RIG for some monstrous bout of stupidity? Not likely you cheap arse motherfucker.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:46 pm

BEllamy is no left winger either. Petrov would be but Bellamy is preferred to both him and Robinho. Mind boggles.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:55 pm

Slim wrote:
King Kev wrote:A top post mate, thank fucl you still post on here and manage to drag the standard of posts out of the gutter from time to time!

You want gutter posting, you give us an example right there. That is a fucking shitty low blow to everyone who regularly posts on here. Glad he posts here? Fair enough, but to take a swipe at everyone else in doing so? You want to eradicate the 'low standard'? Shitty posts like that are a good place to start. Addressing the posts you disagree with is another, you think anyone is gonna ball you out for having a shot at RIG for some monstrous bout of stupidity? Not likely you cheap arse motherfucker.

A fine example of what I was talking about. Thank you for taking the time to prove my point.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:58 pm

This thread has turned from a Rob thread into a hate RIG thread? This is one of the BS reason I was gonna leave this place at one time. You disagree with somebody and you all slate him. Mods are supposed to do something about this shit FFS.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:00 pm

King Kev wrote:
Slim wrote:

A fine example of what I was talking about. Thank you for taking the time to prove my point.

Go fuck yourself.

You contributions are so fucking outstanding. Have a cry about someone with a different opinion, bitch about the quality of the board that YOU run and poke a stick at the Hughes debate whenever it comes around.

How about you fuck off for a bit and see if anyone misses you?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:01 pm

BOYS IT'S TIME TO GET THE POPCORN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S GOING TO BE FUN THIS ONE :D.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:03 pm

Vhero wrote:This thread has turned from a Rob thread into a hate RIG thread? This is one of the BS reason I was gonna leave this place at one time. You disagree with somebody and you all slate him. Mods are supposed to do something about this shit FFS.

I really don't know what to do though. We can't just go banning everyone but some of the school yard kickings he is getting is nothing short of disgraceful. Most of the time he just voices his opinion and all of the sudden the usual suspects jump at him. Credit to him for having decent sized pair of bollocks and thick enough skin to stick around. Most of the same people who love to have constant pops at him are themselves backing their bags the minute someone disagrees with them.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:07 pm

Slim wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Slim wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

You contributions are so fucking outstanding. Have a cry about someone with a different opinion, bitch about the quality of the board that YOU run and poke a stick at the Hughes debate whenever it comes around.

Ha ha, you couldn't make this up could you.

You get upset when I question the level of some of the posts on here then come out with that little tirade!!

Quality stuff yet again, keep up the good work.

I look forward to reading your reply, please call me names and swear as much as possible, it makes for great reading.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:10 pm

King Kev wrote:
Slim wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Slim wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

You get upset when I question the level of some of the posts on here then come out with that little tirade!!

I look forward to reading your reply, please call me names and swear as much as possible, it makes for great reading.

Can't you guys get a room? Or at least keep this to PM? I mean your an Admin, examples and all that..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Vhero wrote:Can't you guys get a room? Or at least keep this to PM? I mean your an Admin, examples and all that..

You mean you don't like reading this sort of thing??

That's kind of the point I was trying to make, thankfully Slim decided to help me make the point!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:13 pm

King Kev wrote:
Slim wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Slim wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

IT IS POPCORN TIME :D
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum