Young Joe is angry and City need to harness it

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Young Joe is angry and City need to harness it

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:33 am

A good report here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/28/joe-hart-birmingham-manchester-city

This kid should not be allowed to leave. Given coming in and usurping his throne has made him a little bit angry.

I don't think Hughes is that clever to create this situation but , if all things go well for Joe, he will come back to us better and stronger.

Prove 'em all wrong Joe and shut Spurs out this weekend . We'll all love you for that.

Your time will come at City , I'm sure. We just have to get over the next few months.

I like the kids bad attitude.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Re: Young Joe is angry and City need to harness it

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:45 am

hope joe comes back but hughes was absolutely right in bringing in given, wish joe would have been happy to be under study for a couple of years.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:31 am

Right, while he doesn't say anything bad about the Club, I don't really like the undertone in what he is saying. Shay Given is one of the best keepers in the world. That is a fact. There is so much he could learn from Given and at 22 he should look it as a possiblity rather than opportunity taken away from him. He needs to play as well as he can for Birmingham and keep honing his game to stage where even the richest club in the world can't overlook him. Show some guts rather than selfpity.

The fact that the Club don't stay in regular contact with players on loan, Jo said the same thing, is extremely poor man management though.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:51 am

I read that and did not read it as Joe Hart is angry. He fully understood the Shay signing and basically agreed with it even if he might have preferred it hadn't happened. I don't think you will find any City fan who thinks it was wrong to bring Shay in.
I don't even think that he states that the club has not been in touch at all even though the article might try to suggest that and you clearly believe it is true.Whether he will ever come back to City who knows. I hope so and I guess at the end of the season the picture might be clearer. Shay has more than one more season left as the top man I am sure and it's best Joe continues to get quality experience so let's hope it's still on laon somewhere.

Congrats on the classic newspaper type headline for the thread though.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BobKowalski » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:16 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I read that and did not read it as Joe Hart is angry. He fully understood the Shay signing and basically agreed with it even if he might have preferred it hadn't happened. I don't think you will find any City fan who thinks it was wrong to bring Shay in.
I don't even think that he states that the club has not been in touch at all even though the article might try to suggest that and you clearly believe it is true.Whether he will ever come back to City who knows. I hope so and I guess at the end of the season the picture might be clearer. Shay has more than one more season left as the top man I am sure and it's best Joe continues to get quality experience so let's hope it's still on laon somewhere.

He is pissed about the Given situation. Now Given is one of the best, possibly the best, premiership GK currently playing so no one is arguing that siging Given is not a good thing nevertheless it did curtail Hart's development at City which is unfortunate and why I had to giggle at Hughes comments when Elano left re 'clearing the way for the kids' well me and Hart both had a giggle I suspect.

Anyway since long term Hart may be the future at City it would be good man management to show an interest whilst he is on loan. Hart makes it clear that this is not happening which is poor man management and on that 'Hughes in poor man management' bombshell I am off for some toast and jam.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:52 am

"Hart makes it clear that this is not happening "

Maybe I should look for and read the exact words of what Joe has said but I didn't see that he said that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Twobob » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:48 am

If this isnt just bull shit - How much contact shoul the donar club make with a player that is temporarily on anouther teams books?

once a week, daily, bi-weekly?

"Hi Joe its Mark here - are you fitting in OK - made any friends yet? Shaun says he's missing you and hopes you are looking after yourself ...."

FFS
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:03 am

Doesn't seem angry to me, just disappointed he was replaced. Can't see anything wrong with his attitude or any reason the club should need to contact him 3 games into the season when he's effectively playing for another club.

If he's good enough he'll probably end up back at City one day, if he doesn't it'll be because we have better keepers which i recon will be the case. Good luck to him either way.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:41 pm

Just keeping his options open and would obviously want to come back and be part of City as he speaks so well about them in the first paragraph of the article, backing the club up, if what he said about the Given deal last year was true, then the club - out of respect for one of their main first team starters - should have told him the truth when he asked and been straight with him.

Players just want to be treated to like adults, and at least then it wouldn't have been such a culture shock to him to walk into training on Feb 1st and see Shay Given their training also with the City staff.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby lythamblue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:08 am

Firstly, I am sure that B'ham wouldn't be too happy if we were contacting him daily and, they would much prefer us to stay out of the way and leave them to get on with blending him intot heir set up.

Secondly, if he was to get injured ...... I bet we would be down their in a flash reminding them he was our asset and also insisting that he got the best treatment available.

Thirdly he has to grow up and get on with his new work colleagues and do his job to the best of his abilities.

Finally ..... Shay Given is a better keeper at this moment in time and will be for the next couple of years at least.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:57 am

Pure speculation but I think Given will go into coaching eventually (after MANY successful years with us of course) - and if he does so with us, Joe would have a perfect opportunity to have learned from one of the greats THEN have him as a coach when his time comes to be number one.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Return to The Maine Football forum