Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:15 am

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Everton's bid to complete a loan deal for Valencia's Argentine midfielder Ever Banega has hit problems because his club cannot find a replacement for the 21-year-old. Daily Mail

But Moyes is set to seal a £5m deal for Atletico Madrid's 25-year-old Dutch defender John Heitinga, who arrives hot on the hels of £5.3m signing Sylvain Distin. The Sun

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate will swoop for Derby striker Rob Hulse to boost his forward line after Tuncay's departure to Stoke. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham have told Zenit St Petersburg they are ready to accept £10m for striker Roman Pavlyuchenko. Daily Mail

Everton will ask Tottenham about taking winger David Bentley after being quoted £15 for the former Blackburn winger last week. Daily Mirror

Bolton could swoop for Leeds United striker Jermaine Beckford for £3m, who would be free to leave Elland Road for nothing in the summer. Independent

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has given his blessing for Andriy Shevchenko to leave the club before the close of the transfer window with the Ukrainian striker expected to rejoin his former club Dynamo Kiev. Timesl

Newcastle want Everton striker James Vaughan on loan because Shola Ameobi faces a month on the sidelines with a foot injury. (The Sun)

Sunderland boss Steve Bruce is believed to have offered Nyron Nosworthy and Daryl Murphy as part of a deal for Hull defender Michael Turner. Daily Mail

Wigan have launched an audacious bid to take Celtic's Australian striker Scott McDonald on loan for the rest of the season.
Daily Record

Newcastle will attempt to prevent Kevin Nolan from rejoining Bolton Wanderers after Gary Megson announced his intention to take the midfielder on loan. Northern Echo

OTHER GOSSIP
Arsene Wenger has accused UEFA of a witch-hunt after they charged Eduardo with diving in the Champions League clash with Celtic. The Sun

Sir Alex Ferguson has warned midfielders Anderson and Michael Carrick their places in the Manchester United squad are not guarenteed and they cannot afford to rest on their laurels. The Times

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson is the likely choice to boss Great Britain's 2012 Olympic team and and is becoming a serious contender to succeed Fabio Capello when he leaves the England job. Daily Mirror

Fenerbahce's veteran Brazil defender Roberto Carlos has revealed he would like to team up with countryman Ronaldo at Corinthians once his contract at the Turkish club ends. Goal.com

Goalkeeper David James will get an England recall at the expense of Paul Robinson. (Daily Star)

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has admitted he is surprised no club has yet bid for defender Brede Hangeland, but he is still keen to hang on to his prize asset. Metro

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... vandebosch

AND FINALLY
Such is the condition of Ledley King's knees, the only way the Spurs captain can keep fit is by cycling in the gym and having a 20-minute run-out in training the day before a match.
Full story: Daily Mail
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Saturday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby South Stander » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:19 am

[quote="Chinners"]TRANSFER GOSSIP

Everton will ask Tottenham about taking winger David Bentley after being quoted £15 for the former Blackburn winger last week. Daily Mirror

Are we sure he's worth that ?
[center]Drink Real Ale ~ You KNOW it makes sense
Always BLUE, Never Red[/center]
South Stander
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:28 am

South Stander wrote:
Chinners wrote:TRANSFER GOSSIP

Probably still couldn't afford his wages.

What is Bentley playing at? He was the best right sided player in the country a couple of seasons ago & a nailed on replacement for tw@ boy in the England team. Time he got his act together. Perhaps Everton would be a good move as his speciality is crossing & set pieces & Everton don't do anything else.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City1970 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:45 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
South Stander wrote:

Probably still couldn't afford his wages.

What is Bentley playing at? He was the best right sided player in the country a couple of seasons ago & a nailed on replacement for tw@ boy in the England team. Time he got his act together. Perhaps Everton would be a good move as his speciality is crossing & set pieces & Everton don't do anything else.

If I was Harry the Spiv, i would be angry about un-settling the player, a la Moyles.
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:24 am

I guess everyone thinks we are done this window.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dronny » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:11 am

Slim wrote:I guess everyone thinks we are done this window.

Sadly, its no longer the "must go to" thread that it once was, thats 2 or 3 days with no mentions for City!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Vhero » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:21 am

South Stander wrote:

You are aware you have portsmouths owner on your avatar no?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Florida Blue » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Arsene Wenger has accused UEFA of a witch-hunt after they charged Eduardo with diving in the Champions League clash with Celtic. The Sun

Umm paranoid often? How is it a witch hunt if the little princess did take a dive? There is indisputable evidence that the keeper pulled back. I cannot figure out this twat, he got a penalty kick and goal out of it, and he calls it a witch hunt. Eduardo is a cheat, he got you a vital goal, now accept his punishment.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Florida Blue wrote:

Umm paranoid often? How is it a witch hunt if the little princess did take a dive? There is indisputable evidence that the keeper pulled back. I cannot figure out this twat, he got a penalty kick and goal out of it, and he calls it a witch hunt. Eduardo is a cheat, he got you a vital goal, now accept his punishment.

It wasn't really vital at all. Arsenal went through 5-1 aggregate.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Dronny wrote:
Slim wrote:I guess everyone thinks we are done this window.

Sadly, its no longer the "must go to" thread that it once was, thats 2 or 3 days with no mentions for City!

I think Chinners should just start making shit up, the papers do anyway.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:24 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:

I can see some of what Wenger was arguing about logic - they refuse to allow video technology at matches because it would undermine the referee when they want his word to be final - and yet they are doing just that: using video eveidence of cheating to enforce a relatively subjective ruling (about punishing a player if he set out to deceive the referee) in their rulebooks and effectively overturning a referee's decision.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:39 am

Dameerto wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:

I can see some of what Wenger was arguing about logic - they refuse to allow video technology at matches because it would undermine the referee when they want his word to be final - and yet they are doing just that: using video eveidence of cheating to enforce a relatively subjective ruling (about punishing a player if he set out to deceive the referee) in their rulebooks and effectively overturning a referee's decision.

You mean like when SWP gets a red on video evidence? Oh wait, the ref who gave a freekick and a red card to Delap managed whilst running towards the incident to SOMEHOW not fucking see the pissweak retaliation? We are already getting fucked over because the 'ref didn't see it' and this should be no different....if he gave the penalty, he obviously didn't see the dive.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:42 am

Vhero wrote:
South Stander wrote:

You are aware you have portsmouths owner on your avatar no?

I think it's safe to say that's a definite no for awareness
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum