Burnleys new stand

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Burnleys new stand

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:11 am

Anyone else just seen this on SSN? Will look for more info on it to post later.

Basically they will have one of the stands that will be able to be shut off from the pitch and used in the week as a concert venue, its hard to describe with out a picture but I think this is a brilliant and innovative idea for lower league clubs to increase revenue dramatically. I know clubs have had live music before but normally its during the summer on the pitch and we all know the problems this can cause, but the way this is being designed is that it will be off the pitch and indoor.

Lower league football is struggling financially and I think its great that clubs are looking at idea's like this. Good Luck to them!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Re: Burnleys new stand

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:16 am

Absolutely. Great idea.

Hope they stay up as they're one of the traditional old Lancashire clubs & not only that, they're trying to do it by playing football rather than the usual kick & head methods used by Pulis, Bruce, Moyes etc.

Be great if they beat Chelsk but I can see it being a hammering. Chelsk look a lot better than the rags so far.

Cummmon Burrnlehh!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:19 am

Huge odds on the chelsea game so I have stuck a cheeky quid on at 22/1 for a burnley win!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Absolutely. Great idea.

Hope they stay up as they're one of the traditional old Lancashire clubs & not only that, they're trying to do it by playing football rather than the usual kick & head methods used by Pulis, Bruce, Moyes etc.

Be great if they beat Chelsk but I can see it being a hammering. Chelsk look a lot better than the rags so far.

Cummmon Burrnlehh!

Spot on there pal my mate's a huge Burnley fan so i've got an eye out for there result, and yes they are getting hammered 3-0 Chelsea so far.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:33 pm

It will be named Duck Feet Stand.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby bluemoon » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:07 pm

Good idea, but who would want to play a concert in Burnley? The place is one of the biggest shit holes in the UK and a town full of inbreds.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:30 pm

Lee_Kinda wrote:Huge odds on the chelsea game so I have stuck a cheeky quid on at 22/1 for a burnley win!

do you bet on the grand national every year aswell?
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Lee_Kinda » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:21 am

9secondlegend wrote:
Lee_Kinda wrote:Huge odds on the chelsea game so I have stuck a cheeky quid on at 22/1 for a burnley win!

do you bet on the grand national every year aswell?

Never bet on horses, no nothing about them!

But after burnley's heroics against Everton n rags for a pound its worth a punt imo!
Looking good for the first half and they missed a sitter, all went to pot in the second half though.

TBH the point of this thread wasnt really on Burnley excactly but the idea they had and how it wouldnt be a bad idea for lower league clubs to improve revenue. Also IMO they should all be looking at other ways of increasing revenue.
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:56 am

I don't bet, I've got the kind of personality traits where if I started I would have trouble stopping. (and I dont fancy losing my shirt)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Return to The Maine Football forum