You're fav city player(current squad)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

You're fav city player(current team)

1.Shay Given
10%
2.Micah Richards
2%
3.Wayne Bridge
1%
4.Kolo Toure
3%
5.Joleon Lescott
1%
6.Shaun Wright Philips
10%
7Steven Ireland
14%
8.Gareth Barry
7%
9.Emmanuel Adebayor
7%
10.Robinho
12%
11.Carlos Tevez
7%
12.Pablo Zabaleta
5%
13.Nedum Onuoha
4%
14.Roque Santa Cruise
1%
15.Martin petrov
2%
16.Richard Dunne (still here)
3%
17.Nigel De Jong
3%
18.Vincent Kompany
3%
19.other please select and state who it is below.
3%

Total votes : 320

Re: You're fav city player(current squad)

Postby Blue in the face » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:52 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:As many people have City legend SWP as their favourite player as Tevez who bagged winner in last derby...... against us for fucking rags. Mind boggles. It seems that we as supporters are indeed changing.

Tevez is a fine player, and he's OUR player now, while he's never truly been theirs. I don't see it so outrageous to like him, tbh, but maybe it's just me.

Not just you mate. I like him too, although not my favourite, thats the one and only Superman. Still showing the same committment and passion as last year.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:05 pm

i voted for 2!
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:07 pm

robinho and ireland
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:As many people have City legend SWP as their favourite player as Tevez who bagged winner in last derby...... against us for fucking rags. Mind boggles. It seems that we as supporters are indeed changing.
It's fucking sickening isn't it!

I am excited about what is going to happen to the club in the coming years but it makes me vomit to see what is becoming of the 'fans'.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:55 pm

Was a tough one between Ireland an SWP. Ireland is just everywhere and seems like an all round complete player that puts in 110% , so I went for him.. SWP has planted his feet amongst the City legends though. Couple more seasons of Ireland keeping up this form and he will fall into that bracket..

Really like Robinho. Prob because I see him as having the balls to come in first and , lets face it, be on his own as a high status. I think its also down to having to defend him when, for some reason, people feel the need to blame everything on him and expect him to do EVERYTHING!! "why ent Robinho trackin back?" hes a fooking attackin player!!! not a fookin defender!! really annoys me. Do you expect him to be running up and down the field for 90 mins?? isnt gon to happen.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby adebayor25 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:11 pm

shaun for me.
adebayor25
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:14 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:

Tevez is a fine player, and he's OUR player now, while he's never truly been theirs. I don't see it so outrageous to like him, tbh, but maybe it's just me.

Point is, he has done fuck all for us. Maybe after years of service like likes of Shaunie, Ned and Stevie have given we can discuss again but after couple of games???

Personally I couldn't have former rag as my favourite player ever. Sure I may be able to tolerate him if he does well, although I'm firmly of believe that no former rag should be allowed to God's own Club, but I could never ever call someone like that my favourite player. Only few months ago we were singing insulting songs about his facial injuries and he replied by putting his hands behind his ears. We need to maintain some standards.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:05 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Point is, he has done fuck all for us. Maybe after years of service like likes of Shaunie, Ned and Stevie have given we can discuss again but after couple of games???

Personally I couldn't have former rag as my favourite player ever. Sure I may be able to tolerate him if he does well, although I'm firmly of believe that no former rag should be allowed to God's own Club, but I could never ever call someone like that my favourite player. Only few months ago we were singing insulting songs about his facial injuries and he replied by putting his hands behind his ears. We need to maintain some standards.

Wasnt he doin tht to the utd board lot??

Anyways.. I done a remix of that song and thought it was shit hot

"He played for the scum from accross the road ..Tevez Tevez
They never made him feel at home ... Tevez Tevez
So what did he do
Ill give you a clue
He changed his shirt from red to blue
Caaaaaarrrlose Teeevez
He signed for Man City"

nnananana ..and so on
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:28 am

Dazzacity wrote:Was a tough one between Ireland an SWP. Ireland is just everywhere and seems like an all round complete player that puts in 110% , so I went for him.. SWP has planted his feet amongst the City legends though. Couple more seasons of Ireland keeping up this form and he will fall into that bracket..

Really like Robinho. Prob because I see him as having the balls to come in first and , lets face it, be on his own as a high status. I think its also down to having to defend him when, for some reason, people feel the need to blame everything on him and expect him to do EVERYTHING!! "why ent Robinho trackin back?" hes a fooking attackin player!!! not a fookin defender!! really annoys me. Do you expect him to be running up and down the field for 90 mins?? isnt gon to happen.

Well, he earns enough money to put a shift in atleast?
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:34 am

I agree there is alot of tradition gone from the club by signing Tevez.
But, if he starts scoring goals and stays who gives a shit lol?
The only thing i really hate about all this fame is the glory hunters we will get from turning big.
In a couple of seasons it will be hard to get tickets lol, cheap ones anyway.

Don't forget people can edit there posts as the season goes on so would be interesting this what the end of season would be.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:49 am

Blue in the face wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Not just you mate. I like him too, although not my favourite, thats the one and only Superman. Still showing the same committment and passion as last year.

No it's not just you. Some people cant help living in the past though.

(I voted Given - Im still living in the very recent past)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Steve » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:56 am

Got to agree with you there mate. However Tevez did score against palace, and has worked so hard in the four games he has played for us, and he is God. We would never have said anything bad about our Carlos. Ever.

On a more serious note, one thing i'm not sure about is why the signing of Tevez seems to have been applauded more than any of the other signings. I don't think he is the best signing we have made.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Steve » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:59 am

Dazzacity wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Wasnt he doin tht to the utd board lot??

Anyways.. I done a remix of that song and thought it was shit hot

"He played for the scum from accross the road ..Tevez Tevez
They never made him feel at home ... Tevez Tevez
So what did he do
Ill give you a clue
He changed his shirt from red to blue
Caaaaaarrrlose Teeevez
He signed for Man City"

nnananana ..and so on

That's actually quite good. Especially as 99% of the time when people post songs on here, they are shit.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:56 am

Of the proper City players SWP, Ned, Ireland. A mention for Johnno too cos he clearly has talent.

Of the new recruits most definitely Given.

How anyone can say player X is their favourite after four games I do not know.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:57 am

paulmclaren wrote:I agree there is alot of tradition gone from the club by signing Tevez.

How?

Cole.
Schmeichel.
Law.
etc

It has happenned. It will happen again. So you could say it's actually a traditional signing by that logic.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ant london » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:22 am

1. Stevie Ireland
2. Nedum Onuoha
3. Robinho
4. Pablo Zabaleta
5. Nigel de Jong
6. (new entry) Gareth Barry
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DelaBlue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:56 am

1 Superman

2 Robinho
DelaBlue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Dela's Under 13s 9s

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:10 pm

Kolo for me. It seems he's been forever in our club, nobody like him is showing so strong presence in the squad!!!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby miss-mancity » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:25 pm

Vincent Kompany sil fore me....
[center]Image

Sorry but I'm extremely dyslexic
in writing, but not in reading.

Wont to move, to Manchester come new year..:-).
Is in London stil.. :-/.
[/center]
miss-mancity
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City. Barca. Stabæk

Postby One cap Whitey » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Ireland for me. He went from boo boy to player of the year in such a short space of time.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum