How Did Roque Santa Cruz pass a medical ???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How Did Roque Santa Cruz pass a medical ???

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:06 pm

apologies if this has already been discussed.

But I am very curious to know if anybody knows how did Roque Santa Cruz passed a medical before signing for us ?.

Tbh I am not sure how he did considering he was carrying an injury so how can you asses a player ?, and also would this have anything to do with the City medical team being replaced beforehand, I heard the medical team advised against signing Bellamy before they were given their p45s.

Seems strange to me to spend nearly £20, 000 000 on a player who won’t be light training until the end off this month and wont be match fit for weeks to come, point being we are going to be with out him for a long time leaving us very light up front, in my opinion a bad buy all round.

Everything’s great at the moment but any injuries to Adebayour we are in the metaphorical.

I reckon this signing could come back to haunt Hughes if things go tits up
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Re: How Did Roque Santa Cruz pass a medical ???

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:23 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:apologies if this has already been discussed.

No mate, never been.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby paulmclaren » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:24 pm

They signed him on the point that his injury is curable?
Maybe anyway.
But the guy is full of injuries, always has been.
The season with Hughes at Blackburn was his only injury free season for a while in the prem, and even then he had the odd month out.
Well soon find out.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Maybe we're just not rushing him back because we have no need to?

That's a question not a statement type question!
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Blue Toy wrote:Maybe we're just not rushing him back because we have no need to?

It still makes a mockery of having a medical in my opinion, you would have thought any club would have had serious reservations about signing Santa Cruz to start with, never mind signing him injured for nearly £20 000 000 given his previous.

things are great at the moment, but come January and the African Nations Cup when we lose our best players then we will be depending on players like Bellamy and Santa Cruz, if all goes well nobody will give a shit if they are both in the treatment room I reckon Hughes judgement will be called in to serious question.

We should also retain Dunnes services because we are going to lose Toure for a few weeks
CITYTILLIDIE11

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:53 pm

You're not allowed to point out that Santa is a crock, you will get accused of wanting him, the manager and the club to fail.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:56 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:Maybe we're just not rushing him back because we have no need to?

It still makes a mockery of having a medical in my opinion, you would have thought any club would have had serious reservations about signing Santa Cruz to start with, never mind signing him injured for nearly £20 000 000 given his previous.

things are great at the moment, but come January and the African Nations Cup when we lose our best players then we will be depending on players like Bellamy and Santa Cruz, if all goes well nobody will give a shit if they are both in the treatment room I reckon Hughes judgement will be called in to serious question.

We should also retain Dunnes services because we are going to lose Toure for a few weeks

That's possibly why he isn't being rushed now, better to have him peak condition and guaranteed to be fit when we really need him.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:03 pm

But I am very curious to know if anybody knows how did Roque Santa Cruz passed a medical before signing for us ?.

Tbh I am not sure how he did considering he was carrying an injury so how can you asses a player ?, and also would this have anything to do with the City medical team being replaced beforehand, I heard the medical team advised against signing Bellamy before they were given their p45s.

Seems strange to me to spend nearly £20, 000 000 on a player who won’t be light training until the end off this month and wont be match fit for weeks to come, point being we are going to be with out him for a long time leaving us very light up front, in my opinion a bad buy all round.

Everything’s great at the moment but any injuries to Adebayour we are in the metaphorical.

i still find it absolutley fucking amazing that 90% of the people i spoke to couldnt understand why we were signing a an over rated injury prone one season wonder for nearly 20m quid!
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:10 pm

9secondlegend wrote:

i still find it absolutley fucking amazing that 90% of the people i spoke to couldnt understand why we were signing a an over rated injury prone one season wonder for nearly 20m quid!
Right mate spill the beans because I am fcuked if I know ?
CITYTILLIDIE11

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:12 pm

He was signed to give people something to whinge about in case we keep winning.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:16 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:

Right mate spill the beans because I am fcuked if I know ?

sorry
i never made my point very well
the majority couldnt understand it but the powers that be thought he was worth it.
9secondlegend

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:17 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:He was signed to give people something to whinge about in case we keep winning.

So when we start losing he becomes useless?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby petrov » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:17 pm

Cause when he does hit peak condition this time he'll only have to play possibly 4 games a month. Hughes and everyone knows both RSC and Bellamy can only play 1 game a week max, hence why we've got Tevez and Ade, both will be cover and probably rotated during the African nations cup.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:18 pm

petrov wrote:Cause when he does hit peak condition this time he'll only have to play possibly 4 games a month. Hughes and everyone knows both RSC and Bellamy can only play 1 game a week max, hence why we've got Tevez and Ade, both will be cover and probably rotated during the African nations cup.

so when RSC and bellend are injured?
9secondlegend

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:20 pm

If anyone thinks our owners would spend £20m on a player without having him thoroughly checked over by the best medics then they're pretty deluded.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:21 pm

petrov wrote:Cause when he does hit peak condition this time he'll only have to play possibly 4 games a month. Hughes and everyone knows both RSC and Bellamy can only play 1 game a week max, hence why we've got Tevez and Ade, both will be cover and probably rotated during the African nations cup.

We signed Adebayor and Tevez as cover for Bellamy and RSC???
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Blue Toy wrote:If anyone thinks our owners would spend £20m on a player without having him thoroughly checked over by the best medics then they're pretty deluded.

Erm, we signed Robinho for more than that without a medical!

Who's deluded?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:24 pm

and that martin o'neill must be a daft bastard as well as Downing was on crutches for his medical.

RSC will be a hot topic until he plays, lets face it the angry miserable twats have to pick on someone dont they!! we have not conceded a goal in our last 4 games and have a 100% win rate.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Wonderwall wrote:and that martin o'neill must be a daft bastard as well as Downing was on crutches for his medical.

RSC will be a hot topic until he plays, lets face it the angry miserable twats have to pick on someone dont they!! we have not conceded a goal in our last 4 games and have a 100% win rate.

just commenting on the topic mate.
and has downing got a history of injuries? honest question i dont know.
9secondlegend

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:32 pm

Wonderwall wrote:and that martin o'neill must be a daft bastard as well as Downing was on crutches for his medical.

Not sure Crockie Santa Cruz can take too much credit for this really.

How we City fans have the nerve to take the piss out of the scum for signing Owen on a free when we have pissed away £20M on this joker is beyond me.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum