How Did Roque Santa Cruz pass a medical ???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How Did Roque Santa Cruz pass a medical ???

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:07 am

Wonderwall wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Funny how RSC is seen as a crock...as is Bellamy...yet sicknote Boj had a free pass for some obscure reason and could do no wrong (from the physio table)

some people get a free ride and some get picked on... shame really as RSC has not had a chance to prove people wrong yet he is already being abused....CIty fans..best in the world....dont think so

I read through this thread and it's an enjoyable look at RSC and medicals, some odd opinions but I think you are a little off the mark calling it abuse.

IBH, Kevin Phillips had one season with 30 goals. Let's sign him? One freak season doesn't mean he can repeat the dose and with RSC being injured we know it won't be this year. I'd love him to prove the doubters wrong, but take a look at his scoring record with Bayern, it's hardly setting things alight and a lot of his goals from two seasons ago were based on supply from Bentley and Gamst Pedersen, I just don't think he will get the same "it's all about you" focus from this side.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:45 am

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Funny how RSC is seen as a crock...as is Bellamy...yet sicknote Boj had a free pass for some obscure reason and could do no wrong (from the physio table)

some people get a free ride and some get picked on... shame really as RSC has not had a chance to prove people wrong yet he is already being abused....CIty fans..best in the world....dont think so

I read through this thread and it's an enjoyable look at RSC and medicals, some odd opinions but I think you are a little off the mark calling it abuse.

IBH, Kevin Phillips had one season with 30 goals. Let's sign him? One freak season doesn't mean he can repeat the dose and with RSC being injured we know it won't be this year. I'd love him to prove the doubters wrong, but take a look at his scoring record with Bayern, it's hardly setting things alight and a lot of his goals from two seasons ago were based on supply from Bentley and Gamst Pedersen, I just don't think he will get the same "it's all about you" focus from this side.

I would just like to see us "Fans" give him a chance before condemning him to death by hanging. Hughes is doing the right thing by getting him 100% before he comes back and when he does come back, we can then debate on whether it was a good signing or not. RSC was signed to play football and is being berated by some without having a chance to do just that!!! I too hope he proves a lot of people wrong, but their blinkered vies wont change IMO.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:53 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I would just like to see us "Fans" give him a chance before condemning him to death by hanging. Hughes is doing the right thing by getting him 100% before he comes back and when he does come back, we can then debate on whether it was a good signing or not. RSC was signed to play football and is being berated by some without having a chance to do just that!!! I too hope he proves a lot of people wrong, but their blinkered vies wont change IMO.

I don't think he was a great buy, I am all willing to be proven wrong, but what you are saying is I cannot have my opinion on the subject if I am not waving pompoms and shouting "Give me an R"? I know you don't mean it like that, but that's how you are coming across.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mistereeman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:59 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I don't see how people are berating him for being injured,seems more like they are berating the manager for buying him.All of us would love santa cruz to score a hatfull of goals when he gets fit,however there's a lot of us who think that may be easier said than done,due to his history of rarely being fit for an extended time.Hopefully we are wrong.
mistereeman
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:05 am

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I don't think he was a great buy, I am all willing to be proven wrong, but what you are saying is I cannot have my opinion on the subject if I am not waving pompoms and shouting "Give me an R"? I know you don't mean it like that, but that's how you are coming across.

I am not bigging up RSC one iota. If you read what I have written, what I am saying is, give him a chance! Its a stupid thread in the first place, so I dont know why I bite.... but I always do......... feckers

GIVE ME AN R
GIVE ME................
Wonderwall

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:19 am

mistereeman wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I don't see how people are berating him for being injured,seems more like they are berating the manager for buying him.All of us would love santa cruz to score a hatfull of goals when he gets fit,however there's a lot of us who think that may be easier said than done,due to his history of rarely being fit for an extended time.Hopefully we are wrong.
I think you just summed it up in a nut shell; nobody has a problem with Santa Cruz especially not me. all City fans want him to do well, but lets be brutally honest here he looks unlikely to have a significant impact on the first half of this season, and he is hardly likely to replicate that one off season he had with Blackburn returning from another one off his lengthy lay offs, so in my opinion it is only right and proper to discuss his signing as cover come January

And lets face it Hughes is prone to some pretty remarkable gaffs, I remember last season loaning Jo to the toffees whilst we failed to sign a target man, most City fans I know believe like me that cost us a place in Europe.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:03 am

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:
And lets face it Hughes is prone to some pretty remarkable gaffs, I remember last season loaning Jo to the toffees whilst we failed to sign a target man, most City fans I know believe like me that cost us a place in Europe.

I have heard it all now, I am going for a lie down
Wonderwall

Postby bluej » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:06 am

King Kev wrote:The purpose of this thread was to ask why we paid so much money for an unproven player of questionable fitness.

I thought that was fucking obvious to be honest.

The thread title doesn't suggest that, so it's not very 'fucking obvious' if you ask me.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bluej » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:07 am

Wonderwall wrote:
CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:

I don't know what's funnier, Jo being a target man, or that because we didn't have him we didn't get into Europe.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Crossie » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:11 am

Bojinov wasnt a proven sick note when he came here, just seemed very unlucky.

Bringing in Adebayor means RSC has been leap frogged, we dont fucking need him and it was a total waste of £20 million, which gave one of our rivals a massive pay day.

Id like to presume that Hughes has no idea we would be getting Adebayor when we brought in RSC, but I have a sneaky feeling he loves RSC so much he'd have done anything to get him.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby saulman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:15 am

The answer is simple. They said, "can you stand there in a City shirt and look cool on our website? Good lad, you're in."

Seriously, this is one of those decisions that Les has made where time will tell. He knows shit that we don't and so far his signings in the last two windows have been nothing short of brilliant.

Some of the flak that Bellamy took on here before kicking a ball was just daft. He proved himself, and then got injured. RSC is just doing things in reverse.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:21 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
King Kev wrote:The purpose of this thread was to ask why we paid so much money for an unproven player of questionable fitness.

I thought that was fucking obvious to be honest.

Who scored 23 goals in the premiership

Stop talking utter shite

If you think that RSC is a proven Premiership player then it is you sir who is talking utter shite.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:25 am

Wonderwall wrote:I would just like to see us "Fans" give him a chance before condemning him to death by hanging. Hughes is doing the right thing by getting him 100% before he comes back and when he does come back, we can then debate on whether it was a good signing or not. RSC was signed to play football and is being berated by some without having a chance to do just that!!! I too hope he proves a lot of people wrong, but their blinkered vies wont change IMO.
Nobody is berating him and none of us want him to fail.

We are just pointing out that he has problems with injuries and maybe it wasn't the best bit of business to sign him. It's not really that outrageous to point this out.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:25 am

Wonderwall wrote:
CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:

Maybe you should read it properly mate?

I am hardly saying Jo is a great player, I am saying we lacked a target man up front form January onwards, as shit as Jo is 4 or 5 goals might have seen us in Europe, Hughes didn’t even bother replacing him because he was only interested in signing the injured RSC ,that failed he then tried a last minute loan deal for Nicolas Bedtner,I would say that was a pretty remarkable gaff and cost us a place in Europe.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:03 am

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:

Maybe you should read it properly mate?

I am hardly saying Jo is a great player, I am saying we lacked a target man up front form January onwards, as shit as Jo is 4 or 5 goals might have seen us in Europe, Hughes didn’t even bother replacing him because he was only interested in signing the injured RSC ,that failed he then tried a last minute loan deal for Nicolas Bedtner,I would say that was a pretty remarkable gaff and cost us a place in Europe.

You have no FACTS to back up that statement, do you honestly think that we only tried for bendtner and RSC in january? I dont know which is worse, thinking that hughes (who has done very well in the transfer market) only we for the above players or the fact that you think Jo would have given us a europa cup place. If you have any friends that are toffees ask them what they think, you may revise you thoughts on that statement.
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:05 am

King Kev wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I would just like to see us "Fans" give him a chance before condemning him to death by hanging. Hughes is doing the right thing by getting him 100% before he comes back and when he does come back, we can then debate on whether it was a good signing or not. RSC was signed to play football and is being berated by some without having a chance to do just that!!! I too hope he proves a lot of people wrong, but their blinkered vies wont change IMO.

We are just pointing out that he has problems with injuries and maybe it wasn't the best bit of business to sign him. It's not really that outrageous to point this out.

maybe we should just repeat ourselves OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, because this thread has not been done before has it? Either that or as you put it "point out the obvious"! The grass is green, the sky is blue, we play at coms etc etc
Wonderwall

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 am

King Kev wrote:

It isn't outrageous, no. In fact I actually agree with you.

I know you, KK. If when he gets fit he does a top job, you'll be one of the first to say so and give praise where it is due. But some folk won't. Some have made their minds up already, before he has even kicked a ball for us, and that I do find outrageous.

I don't think any of us should fall out over it though. Solidarity, us v the rest of the world, and so on and so forth.

To answer the OP, I don't think he did pass the medical. Perhaps his blood test was ok though.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:22 am

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:apologies if this has already been discussed.

But I am very curious to know if anybody knows how did Roque Santa Cruz passed a medical before signing for us ?.

Tbh I am not sure how he did considering he was carrying an injury so how can you asses a player ?, and also would this have anything to do with the City medical team being replaced beforehand, I heard the medical team advised against signing Bellamy before they were given their p45s.

Seems strange to me to spend nearly £20, 000 000 on a player who won’t be light training until the end off this month and wont be match fit for weeks to come, point being we are going to be with out him for a long time leaving us very light up front, in my opinion a bad buy all round.

Everything’s great at the moment but any injuries to Adebayour we are in the metaphorical.

I reckon this signing could come back to haunt Hughes if things go tits up

Yes - it has been discussed (to death) and that general opinion was that people with higher medical qualifications than I suspect you have assessed the position and with this qualified medical opinion the club decided to make an investment in the full knowledge that it would be a while before the known injury meant that he could play

I suspect that if he was with Blackburn now - he would be forced back early - because of the strength of our squad we are able to make sure the injury recuperates fully and that he gets fully fit before stressing it - is that not good management???
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:24 am

It must be a match day - posters are coming out to find reasons to be negative - Oh hum... the management that we have clearly deserve at this time to have their judgements questioned by a bunch of internet posters with no facts to hand
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:28 am

mcfc1632 wrote:I suspect that if he was with Blackburn now - he would be forced back early - because of the strength of our squad we are able to make sure the injury recuperates fully and that he gets fully fit before stressing it - is that not good management???

If it turns out that way then yes, but we'll only know one way or the other when he actually plays.

But what if Adebayor gets and injury v Portsmouth? Do we rush him back then? Or do we put out a team of dwarves?

For what little my view's worth I think he is a good player and will prove he is of use to us. I hope so. Another 17M quid on a shithouse (after the complete waste of money that Jo has been) would be irksome for all concerned.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum