How Did Roque Santa Cruz pass a medical ???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How Did Roque Santa Cruz pass a medical ???

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:36 pm

very good point
they paid fuck all and we paid 17m for a lesser player in my opinion
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:38 pm

King Kev wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:If anyone thinks our owners would spend £20m on a player without having him thoroughly checked over by the best medics then they're pretty deluded.

Erm, we signed Robinho for more than that without a medical!

Who's deluded?

Robbie never had a medical?

The deluded are they who believe we would invest £20m on a player without thorough head to toe medicals.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:42 pm

Blue Toy wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:If anyone thinks our owners would spend £20m on a player without having him thoroughly checked over by the best medics then they're pretty deluded.

Erm, we signed Robinho for more than that without a medical!

Who's deluded?

Robbie never had a medical?
Nope, the deal was done so late there wasn't time. £32M investment without a medical eh!

Blue Toy wrote:The deluded are they who believe we would invest £20m on a player without thorough head to toe medicals.
Hmmm
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm sure there would have been caveats in place in regards to Robbie signing without a medical. I would also imagine we got some sort of written, legally binding commitment from Real regarding the state of his health and fitness from their own medical people.

Regarding RSC, he would probably have been subjected to even more rigorous examinations due to his previous history. Opinions, 2nd Opinions and 3rd ones.

I'm not saying I agree we should have signed him or that I do or don't rate him, I'm commenting on this purely from a medical angle.

Signing RSC is less puzzling to me than dishing out a new contract when we did to MJ!
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beeks » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Funny how RSC is seen as a crock...as is Bellamy...yet sicknote Boj had a free pass for some obscure reason and could do no wrong (from the physio table)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:07 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Funny how RSC is seen as a crock...as is Bellamy...yet sicknote Boj had a free pass for some obscure reason and could do no wrong (from the physio table)

some people get a free ride and some get picked on... shame really as RSC has not had a chance to prove people wrong yet he is already being abused....CIty fans..best in the world....dont think so
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:16 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Funny how RSC is seen as a crock...as is Bellamy...yet sicknote Boj had a free pass for some obscure reason and could do no wrong (from the physio table)

some people get a free ride and some get picked on... shame really as RSC has not had a chance to prove people wrong yet he is already being abused....CIty fans..best in the world....dont think so

You really can't accept that RSC is injury prone??

Also, do you honestly think that anybody who points this out or questions the wisdom of signing him is less of a City fan?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

who is abusing him?
i, for one am just pointing out he is injury prone and we have spent a lot of money on someone who isnt going to fit untill almost a third into the season. therefore almost 20m for him when we could have got owen for free is very bad business
9secondlegend

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Beeks » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:31 pm

King Kev wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

You really can't accept that RSC is injury prone??

Also, do you honestly think that anybody who points this out or questions the wisdom of signing him is less of a City fan?

No Kev...what i'm saying is the guy has obviously had major surgery to hopefully rectify the problem...hence MH deciding to give him enough time to FULLY recover and bring himself up to speed

I don't know what the purpose of a thread like this is exactly? Apart from spreading negativity about a player that hasn't pulled on a shirt in anger for the club yet

When he starts playing then judge him on his performances

All this slating is just counter productive bollocks
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:33 pm

The purpose of this thread was to ask why we paid so much money for an unproven player of questionable fitness.

I thought that was fucking obvious to be honest.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:35 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

I don’t understand why questioning the Wisdom of signing a player with an extensive history of keeping the treatment table warm becomes a dick measuring contest and descends in to insults.

Also why the comparison with Bojinov a player who unfortunately injured himself on his first appearance for us, he was not a crock to start with as is Rocky Santa Cruz

CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:43 pm

9secondlegend wrote:
CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:i still find it absolutley fucking amazing that 90% of the people i spoke to couldnt understand why we were signing a an over rated injury prone one season wonder for nearly 20m quid!
Right mate spill the beans because I am fcuked if I know ?

Any update on this yet? I'm dying to know the answer.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:45 pm

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I don’t understand why questioning the Wisdom of signing a player with an extensive history of keeping the treatment table warm becomes a dick measuring contest and descends in to insults.

Also why the comparison with Bojinov a player who unfortunately injured himself on his first appearance for us, he was not a crock to start with as is Rocky Santa Cruz

From what I can gather, if you dare to question anything Mr Hughes does you are a shit fan and you can't wait for us to fail.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beeks » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:54 pm

King Kev wrote:The purpose of this thread was to ask why we paid so much money for an unproven player of questionable fitness.

Who scored 23 goals in the premiership

Stop talking utter shite
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:04 pm

hughes has dealt well in the transfer market yet people on here question a signing they have not seen play in a city shirt. Give the lad a chance and lets see. Lynch mob mentality all the time, just because we dont agree with something it gets twisted and its getting boring.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:04 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
King Kev wrote:The purpose of this thread was to ask why we paid so much money for an unproven player of questionable fitness.

Who scored 23 goals in the premiership

Stop talking utter shite
One Swallow Doth Not a Summer Make
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:23 pm

Hughes has signed RSC because he knows he is quality and can play and score goals in the prem. He knows/knew all about his injury problems ( as he did with Bellamy) and was prepared to gamble on him recovering and playing a good role for City once he gets back to full fitness. I believe when the injury was looked at there was a feeling that it hadn't been managed very well by BBurn and that has meant it has taken longer to get back to fitness.It would have been silly to try to rush him back.
Could they at this time have decided not to go ahead or halve the fee or something? I am sure all that was considered but the end decision was made to get him in and get him fit asap and then and only then will we see what we have got.

No doubt the fee was high but aren't they all going to be when it's City? Does that matter too much?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:47 am

we paid so much, allegedly paid so much i suppose to be fair, so that we have a player of his quality and approach once he recovers from injury...and this season that's going to be esp. important when Ade leaves for African Cup of Nations (or whatever it's called) in January.

Hughes has gotten the best of RSC before so let's see what happens when he's fit and in the side. i for one think he does have some fantastic qualities. He has a lot to prove based on his alleged price tag, and the fact that he's come in injured, but i'm sure that bothers him even more than it bothers you and me, don't you think?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:19 am

CITYTILLIDIE11 wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:Maybe we're just not rushing him back because we have no need to?

That's a question not a statement type question!
It still makes a mockery of having a medical in my opinion, you would have thought any club would have had serious reservations about signing Santa Cruz to start with, never mind signing him injured for nearly £20 000 000 given his previous.

things are great at the moment, but come January and the African Nations Cup when we lose our best players then we will be depending on players like Bellamy and Santa Cruz, if all goes well nobody will give a shit if they are both in the treatment room I reckon Hughes judgement will be called in to serious question.

We should also retain Dunnes services because we are going to lose Toure for a few weeks

That's just it isn't it really?
City have enough cash to not worry about shit like that.
Why do you think Abramovich is sbhity it tryig to get spending stopped/capped?
Were about to take over world of football lol.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Twobob » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:32 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Come on - I dont remember Boj being as crock as RSC was when we signed him - hi picked his worst injury PLAYING for City - Long time ago I know but try to recall it ... ;-)

Anway, RSC is one of the most concerning signings we've made - I think that Hughes' wife fancies him and thats why we've signed him ... I think a Fully fit and functioning RSC will be a goo goal scorer - but shit he was knackered when we signed him!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum