I will DRIVE him there myself

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

I will DRIVE him there myself

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:19 pm

I sincerely hope that this deal is not a smokescreen and goes ahead, we need more good news in a week that the Clumersome lumberjack has left the club, we might be about to strike gold again.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-spy/Blackburn-set-to-land-Manchester-City-striker-article138023.html
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Re: I will DRIVE him there myself

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:59 pm

Come on.He scored on Derby day!
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby lythamblue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:00 am

I reckon he will be a good signing for them. He can live off knock downs in the box and long balls from midfield quite nicely actually.

He will never be able to live with the required first touch, creative movement, pace and one touch football that our strikers are now expected to have in order to accomodate the style and way that we are capable of playing.

Horses for courses I suppose. A good deal for us to get him out ..... but also a good deal for B'Burn as he is exactly what they need at the moment.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Twobob » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:22 am

Save BFS from using a defender ....
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby HeyMark » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:37 am

I never understand this slating players like benji and vass, they clearly werent good enough but it wasn't them who brought themselves to the club in the first place, and you can never say that both of them didnt give any less than 100% a game.

Hope he does well for blackburn
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby saulman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:20 am

"I will drive him there myself."- I remember somebody on here wrote that about Stephen Ireland going to Sunderland.

What have the Blackburn fans done so badly wrong to have to suffer watching balls getting hoofed up to Benjani every game? I think it would be a great move for us but I was sure he'd end up back at Pompey.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Fish111 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:24 am

Obviously surplus at City now and would be a good move for both clubs and the player himself. I'd wish him well, not the worse striker i've seen in a City shirt by a long way.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby ant london » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:43 am

Nothing whatsoever against Benjani and always supported him in the shirt. BUT he was a terrible panic buy.

Why on earth we spunked seven million on him rather than going hard after Defoe at the time I shall never know.

That said, he scored two goals I shall always remember....the derby goal and the one vs Schalke

He really doesn't fit in the new City and he should further his career elsewhere as it is going absolutely nowhere at Eastlands if he stays
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:56 am

You can drive?
Original Dub

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:33 am

Original Dub wrote:You can drive?

FMTWF!

Good Luck Benji, we're moving forward shame not every player can be part of that.

Thanks for the goal against the RAGS, one of the highlights of that season.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:47 am

I like Benjani. He seems a really nice bloke and always gives all he can, which I respect in any City player. He is only as good as he is, which isn't really his fault, I suppose, though from what I have seen he has always striven for more. Had we not been taken over he'd have been our first choice striker this and last season. He certainly doesn't deserve the shite he gets from fans who should know better. Why not slate the bloke who paid such an inflated fee for him?

If Adebayor got injured today, would he get a game or at least on the bench? I don't know if he'd fit in our team; I haven't seen him play in our forward line or in training. Sometimes players just click together - Rosler and Walsh; Dunne and Distin; Dickov and Goater; Owen and Hartford. Benjani and Tevez could be the next pairing. If he doesn't play, we'll never know.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:11 pm

benjani to hull fee agreed.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to The Maine Football forum