Eidur Gudjohnsen

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Eidur Gudjohnsen

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Apparently according to the journalist garbage press-release (otherwise known as the Mirror), we have been turned down now by that World renowened superstar Eidur Gudjohnsen, personnally I cannot see any truth in this what-so-ever, Hughes has said that only if something special came available would we go back into the market, lets be honest Eidur isn't and never was "something special".

Franck Ribery and David Silva are though Hughesy, both players may be available, what are we waiting for???

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Eider-Gudjohnsen-rejects-Manchester-City-article137847.html
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Re: Eidur Gudjohnsen

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:43 pm

So whtas goin on with David Villa?? Reminds me that on the way to the City V Wolves game their was a guy walking behind me dressed in a suit chatting about Aguiro, saying stuff about him getting Spainish citizenship soon so a workpermit wont be a problem. He said about a player staying put, David Silva or David Villa if i remember. Didnt want to make it too obviuose I was nosing it but he then just hung up.. Prob fook all.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby City1970 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:19 am

What the F**k do we want Gudjonhsen for. He is hardly prolific and he is hardly top class. Just cos he plays for Barce, dont mean he is that good. Anyone remember Ronnie Eklund???

Probably the Manumirror trying to sprout shit (Again).
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby irblinx » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:09 am

Dazzacity wrote:So whtas goin on with David Villa?? Reminds me that on the way to the City V Wolves game their was a guy walking behind me dressed in a suit chatting about Aguiro, saying stuff about him getting Spainish citizenship soon so a workpermit wont be a problem. He said about a player staying put, David Silva or David Villa if i remember. Didnt want to make it too obviuose I was nosing it but he then just hung up.. Prob fook all.

Aguero would get a work permit anyway, he's a regular for Argentina, I just don't see us buying another striker now
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:59 am

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Apparently according to the journalist garbage press-release (otherwise known as the Mirror), we have been turned down now by that World renowened superstar Eidur Gudjohnsen, personnally I cannot see any truth in this what-so-ever, Hughes has said that only if something special came available would we go back into the market, lets be honest Eidur isn't and never was "something special".

Franck Ribery and David Silva are though Hughesy, both players may be available, what are we waiting for???
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Eider-Gudjohnsen-rejects-Manchester-City-article137847.html

Who exactly is it you want to drop if we buy these players?

Or will you then change your name to Ribery_Is_God?

Tool.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:04 am

Silva would be a good signing though...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Vhero wrote:Silva would be a good signing though...

Who would you drop for him?
Original Dub

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Apparently according to the journalist garbage press-release (otherwise known as the Mirror), we have been turned down now by that World renowened superstar Eidur Gudjohnsen, personnally I cannot see any truth in this what-so-ever, Hughes has said that only if something special came available would we go back into the market, lets be honest Eidur isn't and never was "something special".

Who exactly is it you want to drop if we buy these players?

Or will you then change your name to Ribery_Is_God?

Tool.

If your worried about what we would do if we had the choice of selecting either of them two, then it is you that is a tool, then again I didn't need you to reply to realise that did I?.

I would probably drop Richards and go 3-5-2, or even replace bringing Bellend on with bringing on one of them, or Robinho, Ireland, Barry from the bench....much better replacement.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:22 pm

The fact remains that if we signed these two players, two players - more than likely two attackers would have to be benched. Robinho would be the most likely on the left, and perhaps Tevez would also be benched?

I'm all for having lots of options but no club in the world can keep two players of that quality regularly on the bench.

Surely you know this deep down and your OP was purely to make out that Hughes can't spot world class players, because otherwise it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever?
Original Dub

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:33 pm

I seriously think we do not need any more players atm.
Keeping the bunch together we have now is not going to be easy as it is.
Look at today?
Robinho on the bench.
I really wanted him to come on for Tevez 2nd half, and, PLAY ROBINHO UPFRONT.
Shame really.
But loads, n loads of pluses from todays game.
Bellamy was very good i thought, ran himself to the floor.
Barry, another non-stop great performance from him.
Ade, easily a class act this guy.
What a player we have on our hands here.
<<<<<off to do a ratings thread lol :P
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Return to The Maine Football forum