Sunday's gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sunday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:37 am

TRANSFER BOLLOX

Barcelona remain determined to sign Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas, with the European champions' president Joan Laporta saying that his club "love" the Spanish international.
Full story: News of the World

The Gunners are set to make one final attempt to sign Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Arsenal are lining up a move for FK Bubamara's 15-year-old Serbian forward Veljko Batrovic, dubbed the new Lionel Messi.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will make a last-ditch bid to bring Portsmouth keeper David James to White Hart Lane for £2m before the transfer deadline.

Notts County director of football Sven Goran Eriksson wants to bring former Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg and Italian striker Christian Vieri to Meadow Lane.

Notts County are also interested in recruiting striker Kanu whose one-month contract with Portsmouth is due to expire soon.

Manchester United have failed in a bid to sign midfielder Stephen Ireland from rivals Manchester City.
Sunday Mirror http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ma ... 37333.html

Hull are set to move again for striker Fraizer Campbell, who rejected them in favour of a summer move to Sunderland but may well be available as part of a deal that sees Tigers' defender Michael Turner move to Wearside.
Full story: People

Burnley are interested in signing out-of-favour Hull striker Daniel Cousin. (The People)

Blackburn are set to land Manchester City striker Benjani in £2m deal.
Sunday Mirror http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 38023.html

Everton have told Newcastle they must pay £3m if they want to sign striker James Vaughan.

Much-coveted Newcastle defender Steven Taylor says he wants to stay with the Championship club.

Portsmouth are keen to bring in Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson and Aston Villa defender Nicky Shorey on loan.

Portsmouth are also set to sign Manchester City's Israeli defender Tal Ben Haim as replacement for Sylvain Distin, who has joined Everton. Sunday Mirror
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Po ... 37323.html

Eider Gudjohnsen has rejected an offer from Manchester City and three other Premier League clubs and is set to sign for French side Monaco.

Everton manager David Moyes is keen to sign Tottenham midfielder David Bentley for £10m.

Everton are closing in on the signing of £6m-rated Atletico Madrid defender Johnny Heitinga.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

OTHER GOSSIP
An American consortium is closing in on a deal to buy Newcastle United and they are set to restore Geordie legend Alan Shearer to the manager's office.

Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi says that the internal strife at the club has caused the players to pull together, resulting in their positive start to the season.

Manchester City want to appoint former Manchester United number two Brian Kidd to their backroom staff.
News of the World http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/4 ... -CITY.html Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Arsenal will offer manager Arsene Wenger a new deal designed to keep him at the club for the rest of his career.

Defender John Terry has signed a new contract at Chelsea worth £40m, with the England man picking up £160,000 a week.

Another defender in the money is Richard Dunne, who has secured a £6m golden farewell from Manchester City ahead of his proposed move to Aston Villa. Sunday Express http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/123 ... Dunne-deal

Tottenham midfielder Aaron Lennon will be rewarded for his impressive start to the season with inclusion in Fabio Capello's England squad to face Slovenia and Croatia.
Full story: Independent

Tottenham striker Peter Crouch has vowed to fight his way back into the England side for the 2010 World Cup.

Another player eyeing an England spot is Wigan defender Titus Bramble, who has the backing of Latics manager Roberto Martinez.

Manchester City and England Under-21 defender Nedum Onuoha is considering an offer to play for Nigeria.
Full story: Sunday Mirror http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/4 ... gland.html

Aston Villa striker John Carew has rubbished rumours of a rift between himself and Villa manager Martin O'Neill.

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... a-anderson

AND FINALLY
Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland has kept pace with the club's new expensive signings by undertaking a punishing summer fitness regime, sprinting up and down hills in Derbyshire until midnight and doing martial arts.
Mail on Sunday http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -form.html
Newcastle defender Jose Enrique says United are a "crazy club" and not even Jose Mourinho could manage them.
Last edited by Chinners on Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Sunday's gossip B*ll*x

Postby saulman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:55 am

Manchester U***d have failed in a bid to sign midfielder Stephen Ireland from rivals Manchester City.

huh?

That nearly made me blurt my tea everywhere.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:57 am

Chinners wrote:TRANSFER BOLLOX

Blackburn are set to land Manchester City striker Benjani in £2m deal.

Please let this be true

Portsmouth are also set to sign Manchester City's Israeli defender Tal Ben Haim as replacement for Sylvain Distin, who has joined Everton.

Christ, PLEASE let this be true

AND FINALLY
Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland has kept pace with the club's new expensive signings by undertaking a punishing summer fitness regime, sprinting up and down hills in Derbyshire until midnight and doing martial arts.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

Bloody Hell, 12 months late or what?

craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby CityGer » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:22 am

The press have certainly got their money's worth out of Superman's summer fitness work.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:40 am

I wonder how much arse Stevie could kick on this board. Obviously I would stomp him cause I am a cage fighter(I think 6'4" 225lbs IIRC), but I think the rest of you might be in trouble.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Lionheart » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:26 am

Mild Spurs bollox

I wouldn't say that I'm pleased that a player has suffered an injury like that, but with them coming up against Manure and Chelsea this could be where they start to come unstuck.
Lionheart
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Guys, do Notts County have the money to afford Sven's playthings?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum