* Official Match Thread - Portsmouth Away *

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: * Official Match Thread - Portsmouth Away *

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:24 pm

that was nerve wracking. I dont want to watch us finish matches like that again.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Vhero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I THINK BELLAMY HAS BEEN SHITE THIS HALF AND HE DIDNT EXACTLY PLAY GREAT THE FIRST HALF.

Was about to come on and say exactly the same thing Petrov should have been playing if Rob wasn't.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby petrov » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:25 pm

job done again I suppose, like Wolves though we didn't kill them off and it was always going to end like that. Can't argue with hte season so far though. 3 league games, 3 wins, 0 conceded, 1 cup game 1 win 0 conceded.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby roadkill2487 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Good 3 points, curious why Robinho wasn't used..
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby bluemoon » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:26 pm

That'll do, but once again we didn't make it easy for ourselves altough we did have a legit goal ruled out and should've had at least one penalty. Very dissapointed with SWP and Bellamy, thought we would've been more comfortable had they got their arses into gear. Adebayor is something else, buzzing that we have him.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:26 pm

I can't believe how shite Webb was. Two clear penalties not given in the second half.... especially the last one on Tevez, how on earth was that not a penalty?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:26 pm

xavi6 wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:HOW THE FUCK WAS THAT NOT PENALTY??? WEBB YOU CUNT.

That was a superb tackle. Got the ball perfect. If it was given against me I'd have been sent off for knockin the ref out.

Yes, but wasn't it with the wrong leg? I thought you could only tackle from the side with the outside leg, ie the right leg and not the inside leg. Which surprised me that he gave a yellow card to Zabs. With his left leg the Pompey player is deemed to be tackling across SWP's body .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby One cap Whitey » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Should've been a bit more comfortable if the officials were any good. Decent solid performance from the lads again, Ade was awesome.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Crossie » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:28 pm

Im really glad thats over, what a horrible fixture. Hate Pompey, hope they go down, 3 points is what matters.

Atleast we can now play some more normal teams, not a bunch of bruisers
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:31 pm

It's all part of the plan to get me to Abu Dhabi. Loving these 1-0's.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby AlpsMaster » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Fantastic result - another away win means we've already equalled last season's away wins' tally.

And another clean sheet too.

Well done City!!!!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby david yearsley » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:33 pm

Irelands worse game for a while too- there was definitely tiredness last 20 - don´t forget Pompey played Tues and had 2 more days rest and they had 2 fresh, new players who came in - the midfield isn´t right and I was surprised Tevez wasn´t buzzing everywhere being the fulcrum when we needed an outlet - so many times we came away with the ball but no-one showed - that´s what Tevez was bought for and he was missing - maybe he´s still not match fit - coz of this we gave the ball away time and time again
Thankfully the defence was strong although we rode our luck - still 2 away wins in the bag already - we needed a whole season to achieve that last time
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby xavi6 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:34 pm

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Zab

Postby DelaBlue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:34 pm

No matter what some things never change!
City giving me almost a heart attack in the last 10 mins.
DelaBlue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Dela's Under 13s 9s

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:34 pm

Yuck. Amazing isn't how we can moan about winning away at Portsmouth. We have come quite a way in a short time and have just won another match with a clean sheet without playing well.

No doubt we gave the ball away too often and in bad areas. I kept hearing Eddie Niedzvieki shouting pass the ball / keep the ball but we were not very good today. Pity the second goal was chalked off as I think we might have had 4 but I will take the 3 points and hope that we keep getting that little bit of luck all teams need.Pity all teams won't have Nugent on the end of such great chances.

I wonder if Micah would have headed that ball away before it got to Nugent instead of Zabba running around it?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:35 pm

I am going to set myself up for some abuse here but here goes, I thought we could and should have destroyed these.

I thought Hughes unnecessarily brought pressure on to the side bringing on De Jong to sure up the midfield when it was not necessary, luckily Pompey missed a sitter and we got away with it, but for me they were never in the match until that stage.

I also feel for Robinho losing his place to Bellamy WTF is that about.

If Hughes uses similar tactics against the Arse and the rags inviting them on to us we will pay the price, he used similar tactics in a few games last season most notably Liverpool turning a 2-0 lead in to a 2-3 defeat, for me he is to negative when we go a goal up.

We have won 3 on the bounce long may it continue, but I feel we are riding our luck with Hughes tactics
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:36 pm

david yearsley wrote:Irelands worse game for a while too- there was definitely tiredness last 20 - don´t forget Pompey played Tues and had 2 more days rest and they had 2 fresh, new players who came in - the midfield isn´t right and I was surprised Tevez wasn´t buzzing everywhere being the fulcrum when we needed an outlet - so many times we came away with the ball but no-one showed - that´s what Tevez was bought for and he was missing - maybe he´s still not match fit - coz of this we gave the ball away time and time again
Thankfully the defence was strong although we rode our luck - still 2 away wins in the bag already - we needed a whole season to achieve that last time

Ireland's bad game was down to Brown man marking him. Something rarely seen these days, a midfield player being man marked. Credit to Hart, it kind of worked in that we couldn't really get our game going.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:36 pm

ireland doesnt play so well when he has to play deep - and he was asked to play deep today alongside Barry.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby One cap Whitey » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:38 pm

I thought we looked pretty solid at the back today. Lescott looked much better. Shay just had one block to make in the whole game.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:38 pm

I think we got screwed today, I cannot remember the whistle blowing and me being this pissed off.

Barry not involved in the play, Micah scores, 2 fucking nil.

Tevez got fucking mugged at the death, 3-0.

And for the last 10 minutes, Pompey were getting freekicks for a puppy dog look glanced in Webb's direction.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum