Brian Kidd For Backroom

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brian Kidd For Backroom

Postby Socrates » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:16 pm

Grob wrote:I dont get it

Hughes has Weiss on the bench every game and has loaned out a fair few players to aid development.

Cassell has declared he's excited about heading up a new project.

Khaldoon stated the other day that youth development was of tantamount importance to the club.

Who do i believe, Hughes, Cassell and Khaldoon or Niall and Socrates??

I don't doubt Khaldoon's aims. Just concerned at the direction being taken to achieve them. That concern has been somewhat allayed by the appointment of Kidd. Which is all I actually said.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby john68 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:20 am

The club, last week, quite clearly stated their player investment and recruitment strategy for the future. They clearly explained what they were doing and why they were doing it. They also quite clearly stated what they were hoping to achieve by doing so. It is also quite clear that this strategy was well thought out and preplanned.

It had nothing to do with moving anyone out. It had nothing to do with run ins, fall outs, or anyone being in any position with regard to the Moon.

The strategy makes perfect sense as a way for the club to move forward into the future and makes perfect sense as a means to cement our future progress.

It is RIDICULOUS IN THE EXTREME to start creating our own speculation and conjecture about what HAS NOT BEEN SAID. Or creating our own made up storylines that wouldn't even do JACKANORY justice.

Antti, when posting fictional, unsubstantiated stories that you have simply made up, please be honest and clearly state that they are not true but only you posting from your own fearful imagination.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john68 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:35 am

For the record and so nobody has any doubts, City's announced future player strategy is as follows. (this is not my interpretation but what was clearly and definitively stated by the club).

1...To spend heavily in this window in order to gain a level where we could challenge for a CL qualifying place.
2...To decrease player investment to a level necessary to keep us at the top level.
3...To increase investment in and expand our Academy system in order to recruit World class young, talent Worldwide.

That is quite clear. The process is being designed in order that we will in the near future, have the ability to develop our own World class young players to suit our needs at a World class level.
To me,it sounds like a perfectly acceptable way for our club to move into the future and hopefully guarantee that our club never again has to play the stupid games we were forced to when trying to buy Kaka and Eto'o...Simply to produce our own Kakas and Eto'os.

It does NOT mean that Cassell has been shipped out because of some petty quarrel, nor does it mean that anyone is brought in to replace him. It quite simply means that Cassell has been given and has accepted the bigger job of reorganising our renowned domestic academy and reshaping it into a global entity.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:53 am

john68 wrote:The club, last week, quite clearly stated their player investment and recruitment strategy for the future. They clearly explained what they were doing and why they were doing it. They also quite clearly stated what they were hoping to achieve by doing so. It is also quite clear that this strategy was well thought out and preplanned.

It had nothing to do with moving anyone out. It had nothing to do with run ins, fall outs, or anyone being in any position with regard to the Moon.

The strategy makes perfect sense as a way for the club to move forward into the future and makes perfect sense as a means to cement our future progress.

It is RIDICULOUS IN THE EXTREME to start creating our own speculation and conjecture about what HAS NOT BEEN SAID. Or creating our own made up storylines that wouldn't even do JACKANORY justice.

Antti, when posting fictional, unsubstantiated stories that you have simply made up, please be honest and clearly state that they are not true but only you posting from your own fearful imagination.

You need to read what has been posted again. I said it's all speculation. Both ways. To say someone is over the moon about something is speculation as well.

And this topic is taking ridiculous turn. No one is saying that anyone is aiming to destroy Academy, certainly not in purpose, mostly just questioning some decisions. We are living dangerous times when people stop thinking for themselves and just take everything as gospel.

Fact is we have replaced, at least in my opinion, one of the best Academy set ups with less experienced/succesfull people. To go to distance and say shit like our Academy isn't world class and even some people questioning the work that has been done is nothing short of disgrace.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Burt » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:36 am

Anybody that even remotely thinks that Jim has been pushed out, is completely off their fuclin rocker!

If he was at all disgruntled, he would have immediately resigned and he would have a queue of suitors from all over the world, let alone the UK, begging to offer him a well paid job FACT.............................
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:16 am

Wasn't he in line to be offered the Ireland u21's? Wasn't be promoted to prevent this?

And how the fuck was Kidd just offered the Barnsley job, hasn't he just started working here?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:38 am

Slim wrote:Wasn't he in line to be offered the Ireland u21's? Wasn't be promoted to prevent this?

And how the fuck was Kidd just offered the Barnsley job, hasn't he just started working here?

All I'd heard is that we've been talking to Kiddo not that he'd been confirmed. If he fancies another crack at management & has been offered a job, he may take it. That'd probably be a mistake as he seems to be a crap manager but he's the best in the business at coaching & bringing through youngsters imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dazby » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:37 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
dazby wrote:Socrates, if Cassell was so unambitious, so loved his job, surely he would have stayed? Have you ever considered he might have been looking for a new challenge?

Have you ever considered that he was gently pushed out of his job? Has it ever crossed your mind?

Yes it has. With a payrise and a new challenge. I wish someone would push me like that.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:39 am

dazby wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
dazby wrote:Socrates, if Cassell was so unambitious, so loved his job, surely he would have stayed? Have you ever considered he might have been looking for a new challenge?

Have you ever considered that he was gently pushed out of his job? Has it ever crossed your mind?

Yes it has. With a payrise and a new challenge. I wish someone would push me like that.

Maybe they could move you out of rainy Manchester and move you to the sunshine of Abu Dhabi as well....those awful tyrants.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Slim wrote:Wasn't he in line to be offered the Ireland u21's? Wasn't be promoted to prevent this?

The last I heard (yesterday), Tony Adams was in the frame for the Barnsley job (why people keep offering him jobs I have no idea - coaching is about his level)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Dameerto wrote:

The last I heard (yesterday), Tony Adams was in the frame for the Barnsley job (why people keep offering him jobs I have no idea - coaching is about his level)

Imagine being a Barnsley fan & hearing that!? Poor bastards.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Imagine being a Barnsley fan & hearing that!? Poor bastards.

I like Tony Adams, but he was hopeless at Pompey. I wonder how much he was handed the poison chalice though, Twitchy rarely leaves clubs in good positions for the future.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby eastlandsblue » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Now I dont pretend to be a ITK. But a good friend of mine as worked at the Academy for the last 10 years and knows Jim well. And after being told Jim was moving up in the club ( which as actually happened, he's not taken a less important job ) He asked him was he happy with his new post, which Jim replied he could,nt be happier, stating that it was a new challenged and felt the academy was in great hands. He also stated he was looking forward to traveling europe and other intresting parts of the world looking for new talent and bases suited for new academys in central europe and south america.

Hope this clears up this dispute, but as I said its only second hand information, but I trust my mate.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:54 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:Now I dont pretend to be a ITK. But a good friend of mine as worked at the Academy for the last 10 years and knows Jim well. And after being told Jim was moving up in the club ( which as actually happened, he's not taken a less important job ) He asked him was he happy with his new post, which Jim replied he could,nt be happier, stating that it was a new challenged and felt the academy was in great hands. He also stated he was looking forward to traveling europe and other intresting parts of the world looking for new talent and bases suited for new academys in central europe and south america.

Hope this clears up this dispute, but as I said its only second hand information, but I trust my mate.

Can we have this made into some sort of exciting graphic picture type thing & stuck on the top of the site & made to flash so we can all discuss it sensibly in the future & never have to have any more complete fabricated nonsense/unneccessary blind panic threads on the subject?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
eastlandsblue wrote:Now I dont pretend to be a ITK. But a good friend of mine as worked at the Academy for the last 10 years and knows Jim well. And after being told Jim was moving up in the club ( which as actually happened, he's not taken a less important job ) He asked him was he happy with his new post, which Jim replied he could,nt be happier, stating that it was a new challenged and felt the academy was in great hands. He also stated he was looking forward to traveling europe and other intresting parts of the world looking for new talent and bases suited for new academys in central europe and south america.

Can we have this made into some sort of exciting graphic picture type thing & stuck on the top of the site & made to flash so we can all discuss it sensibly in the future & never have to have any more complete fabricated nonsense/unneccessary blind panic threads on the subject?

Won't work mate because its not Jim himself and saying it once isn't good enough...
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:54 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Won't work mate because its not Jim himself and saying it once isn't good enough...

Oh pulleze, PIccs claims Petrov never made ONE DECENT CROSS and in the face of evidence, ignored that and claimed they repeated it to fill in the video. You claimed you never said you would want Hughes out if we failed to finish 6th/final of a cup, in the face of such evidence continued to plead innocent, john claimed he didn't want a hughes debate on his joe mercer thread and in the fact of overwhelming evidence to the contrary had a heart attack to distract us from the truth.

You want to shut down a discussion because you think a second hand account is enough? This is MCFN for christs sake, where's your heads?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Fuck that, have you seen the chairman's interview?
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:Fuck that, have you seen the chairman's interview?

hahaha, touche...cunt.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue2 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

All I'd heard is that we've been talking to Kiddo not that he'd been confirmed. If he fancies another crack at management & has been offered a job, he may take it. That'd probably be a mistake as he seems to be a crap manager but he's the best in the business at coaching & bringing through youngsters imo.

The evidence for this incredible staement is where exactly?

If it were true, the worlds best clubs would have been chasing him for years to head up their academy.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:28 pm

Blue2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

The evidence for this incredible staement is where exactly?

If it were true, the worlds best clubs would have been chasing him for years to head up their academy.

Just talking to people who've been involved in academies, people who've had kids at various academies & discussed it with staff + one or two scouts etc, ex players. Players who've worked with him interviewed saying how fantastic his methods were & the way he completely eclipsed our youth set up,which was one of the best & produced a side many of which won the PL & Champ's lg. Just my opinion based on things I've been told.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum