Brian Kidd For Backroom

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brian Kidd For Backroom

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Vhero wrote:Wonder what RIG thinks ;)

Pissed off....haven't we got enough fucking RAGS here with the manager?.

Brian Kidd, notorious rag. Brilliant.

If you read down through the thread again, you'll see that in hindsight, Vhero agreed with Tokyo (who by the way is absolutely not a twat) when he asked who gave a fuck what you thought.

Not a stab at you Ribery_Is_God, just an observation.

Are you an ITK in disguise?

No disguise mate, I'm ITK.

But that's more of a generalisation....

Re the Ribery thing... its because a guy who worships Robinho to the point of not only calling him a God, but proclaims it in his username, wants Hughes to 'cop on' and sign world class players for a change... starting with Ribery, who would obviously bench Robinho unless we wanted to risk playing with shitload of attackers.

The irony is fucktardastic don't you think?
Original Dub

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Vhero wrote:Wonder what RIG thinks ;)

Pissed off....haven't we got enough fucking RAGS here with the manager?.

Brian Kidd, notorious rag. Brilliant.

If you read down through the thread again, you'll see that in hindsight, Vhero agreed with Tokyo (who by the way is absolutely not a twat) when he asked who gave a fuck what you thought.

Not a stab at you Ribery_Is_God, just an observation.

Are you an ITK in disguise?

No disguise mate, I'm ITK.

But that's more of a generalisation....

Re the Ribery thing... its because a guy who worships Robinho to the point of not only calling him a God, but proclaims it in his username, wants Hughes to 'cop on' and sign world class players for a change... starting with Ribery, who would obviously bench Robinho unless we wanted to risk playing with shitload of attackers.

The irony is fucktardastic don't you think?

YOU my friend are the blueprint for building an idiot.

Ribery is a winger, Robinho is not, so how and why would that mean benching/replacing Robinho?

Could mean benching Ireland who has done nowt this season so far to the standard he did last season, he is struggling, we have 4 midfielders and 2 wingers to choose from so far.....Robi could play up top with Adebayor, or instead of Ireland/SWP/Barry.

That noise you can hear is your alarm bell, time to get up DUD.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:28 pm

How come you try to do a Bob Monkhouse one liner in each post?

Other than that, you talk complete sense as usual. I agree - it is a disgrace that Hughes and the club haven't gone all out to sign Silva and Ribery... we desperately need them.

Also, you are dead right about Ireland. He should be put on the bench as soon as possible... and left there. I don't care that it has been confirmed by both the manager and the player that he is now playing a different role to last season. A deeper role. And I don't care for the excuse that a player standing on his ankle and the subsequent playing through the pain had anything to do with his play today.

I also completely agree that we should make at least three major changes to a team with a 100% record. The only team in the entire league that has not conceded one single goal.

In other words, I have lost my fucking mind.

How's that Neil?
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:56 pm

sweenyuk wrote:I have wanted Kidd back at city ever since he failed as a Manager. The guy is a real gent and an excellent coach, he just can't handle the pressue of the top job. I met him on many occasions as a kid when I was a member of the Junior Blues, he always took time to meet the fans and explain the rules and tactics to us youngsters. I learnt alot from him as a fan and I am sue the academy kids would benefit from his knowledge

Agree 100%. From the day he left the rags I've wanted Kiddo back at City. He's the best imo.

I'd leave out the hidden messages about being Sue if I was you though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Guy Debord » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:39 am

I really hope this happens. With Cassell setting up foreign academies and Kidd moulding them into first teamers, we really would have an world class academy set up.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby jelly&icecreamblue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:42 am

Can someone please now print the platt lane coaching staff set-up for this season plase?
thanks in advance
jelly&icecreamblue
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:43 am

Like I thought at the time when there was 'genuine concern' about the academy going backwards.... I have no doubt that we will soon have a truely world class academy.

How in God's name anyone thought the people in charge were going to make it worse is fucking beyond me.

It stank then of people with an agenda and that will look even more the case as time goes on.
Original Dub

Postby Blue2 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:53 am

If it aint broke, dont fuclin fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:07 pm

Blue2 wrote:If it aint broke, dont fuclin fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it can be improved, improve it.
Original Dub

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:11 pm

In the MEN now aswell.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:21 pm

How many world class players have the academy produced? How many players has the academy produced that are out and out CL quality. two maybe?

If our goal was to just stay in the premiership and sell players on to balance the books then I'd agree with you but thats no longer the case and the academy needs to step it up a notch to match the quality of player we now need.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Socrates » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:30 pm

They already broke it. Cassell and key staff banished to the desert. Under 18's had first league defeat since the Boar War at the weekend. Now needs fixing.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:40 pm

Kidd spent 3 years in a good City team. So we got over the RAG bit 30 years ago. Plus he's the top academy man, isn't he?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:46 pm

Socrates wrote:

They already broke it. Cassell and key staff banished to the desert. Under 18's had first league defeat since the Boar War at the weekend. Now needs fixing.

I noticed the same thing but didn't dare to mention it.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby WIBLEY » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:44 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Socrates wrote:

All the players in Saturdays team were recruited,by the old regime,so that is a cheap shot.
Unfortunatley we have come to the end of a cycle,which has lasted 10 years and this would have been the case,even if Jim had remained in charge.
The next crop of lads are not that good,which is why they are recruiting from overseas
WIBLEY
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Socrates » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:25 pm

WIBLEY wrote:
Socrates wrote:

All the players in Saturdays team were recruited,by the old regime,so that is a cheap shot.
Unfortunatley we have come to the end of a cycle,which has lasted 10 years and this would have been the case,even if Jim had remained in charge.
The next crop of lads are not that good,which is why they are recruiting from overseas

No it isn't. All those lads were winning every week while coached by the old regime. To start blaming the old regime or the lads themselves for the defeat is pathetic.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby crossan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:31 pm

Great move imho....................
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:41 pm

WIBLEY wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Crazy talk.
We were winning games with these very same players under Cassell and the boys and we've since managed to add some highly promising Germans to set up.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:09 pm

They may have lost a game, but this is a period of change for the academy.

Some people find it difficult to deal with change... as some on this baord should well know.

How the 3 or 4 are still trying to tell the rest of us that the academy is doomed is beyond me it really is.

I wonder is Kidd as well known for his contribution to helping coach/produce quality young players as our Jim?
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:They may have lost a game, but this is a period of change for the academy.

Some people find it difficult to deal with change... as some on this baord should well know.

How the 3 or 4 are still trying to tell the rest of us that the academy is doomed is beyond me it really is.

I wonder is Kidd as well known for his contribution to helping coach/produce quality young players as our Jim?

I'm not saying Academy is doomed, never have. I'm saying there's a very good chance they will be unable to keep up producing quality and quantity they have in the past. You said that you didn't think our Academy was world class under Cassell, so I would find it pointless to discuss about this with you though.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum