Brian Kidd For Backroom

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brian Kidd For Backroom

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:Re the Ribery thing... its because a guy who worships Robinho to the point of not only calling him a God, but proclaims it in his username, wants Hughes to 'cop on' and sign world class players for a change... starting with Ribery, who would obviously bench Robinho unless we wanted to risk playing with shitload of attackers.

The irony is fucktardastic don't you think?

If you remember the season before (When RIG was still a rag) some members on MCFN declared Elano a god much to my dismay and I can only imagine Jim's as well.

I kinda want us to sign Ribery too, he is an amazing player who seems to do everything at full speed. He is french though, so there is that in the con column. And we could always bench Tevez, you know how much he loves that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:40 pm

Original Dub wrote:They may have lost a game, but this is a period of change for the academy.

Some people find it difficult to deal with change... as some on this baord should well know.

How the 3 or 4 are still trying to tell the rest of us that the academy is doomed is beyond me it really is.

I wonder is Kidd as well known for his contribution to helping coach/produce quality young players as our Jim?

How so called fans can turn around and attack the one excellent thing we have had at this club until recently is utterly totally beyond me. We have a board riddled with inexperience in the industry and a management team who are completely inexperienced with the requirements of a club our side. The belief that they are collectively incapable of making mistakes is touching but pathetic.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Guy Debord » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:02 pm

Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:They may have lost a game, but this is a period of change for the academy.

Some people find it difficult to deal with change... as some on this baord should well know.

How the 3 or 4 are still trying to tell the rest of us that the academy is doomed is beyond me it really is.

I wonder is Kidd as well known for his contribution to helping coach/produce quality young players as our Jim?

How so called fans can turn around and attack the one excellent thing we have had at this club until recently is utterly totally beyond me. We have a board riddled with inexperience in the industry and a management team who are completely inexperienced with the requirements of a club our side. The belief that they are collectively incapable of making mistakes is touching but pathetic.

The fact that some so-called-City-fans can attack the board and management team after the recent and dramatic improvements in our fortunes is the thing that is utterly, totally beyond me.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby Socrates » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:18 pm

Guy Debord wrote:
Socrates wrote:

The fact that some so-called-City-fans can attack the board and management team after the recent and dramatic improvements in our fortunes is the thing that is utterly, totally beyond me.

I am very grateful for the investment in the club and happy with the motives of the owners. Doesn't mean I have to agree with every move they make. The dramatic improvement in finances has yet to produce dramatic improvements on the pitch. Marginal improvements yes, dramatic no. Same goes for the Academy, the owners are taking a risk just because Hughes didn't like Cassell. Long way to go yet, unlike you I'm not prejudging the outcome.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Socrates wrote:
Guy Debord wrote:
Socrates wrote:

I am very grateful for the investment in the club and happy with the motives of the owners. Doesn't mean I have to agree with every move they make. The dramatic improvement in finances has yet to produce dramatic improvements on the pitch. Marginal improvements yes, dramatic no. Same goes for the Academy, the owners are taking a risk just because Hughes didn't like Cassell. Long way to go yet, unlike you I'm not prejudging the outcome.

You are pre-judging. Constantly pre-judging in fact. Actually that's what a lot of us do on this board. And when you do pre-judge its normally riddled with negativity and presumtion that too many risks are being made and worried about the future.

Whatever about your predictions, don't point out that others are making pre-judgements when you are too. Some have faith in this hierarchy and will continue to have unitl they are given reason to no longer do so.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.
Original Dub

Postby Guy Debord » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:33 pm

Socrates wrote:
Guy Debord wrote:
Socrates wrote:

I'm prejudging nothing. My post doesn't suggest that I am. Your reply suggests you're prejudging me. Your abilities in Socratic debate leave a lot to be desired, which is ironic.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Postby Socrates » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Guy Debord wrote:
Socrates wrote:

You are pre-judging. Constantly pre-judging in fact. Actually that's what a lot of us do on this board. And when you do pre-judge its normally riddled with negativity and presumtion that too many risks are being made and worried about the future.

Whatever about your predictions, don't point out that others are making pre-judgements when you are too. Some have faith in this hierarchy and will continue to have unitl they are given reason to no longer do so.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

I am not pre-judging. Quite the opposite, I accept that there are different possible outcomes and try to balance the probabilities of success with each. In this instance I think the best probability of outcome was to stick with the successful proven Academy team while expanding it. Given that this has not happened, Kidd would be a good choice to bring in. Keeping the coaching staff AND bringing Kidd in might have been even better!
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:10 pm

Jim Cassell is choosing the staff that he takes with him. He has said so; it's up to him who goes. If he's setting up new academies around the world then chances are he may want to take with him the people who did as much to create the present academy as he did, if not more. Their knowledge of starting up academies from scratch is probably much more unique & valuable than their coaching skills. Then again Paul Power & co may want to stay in Moss Side.

Jim's new job is likely to be more important than his old one seeing as it's worldwide. Meanwhile Kidd is much more successful at turning young promising players into successful top 4 PL players than anyone at City. Looks like an ideal situation. Hope it's all true.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:40 pm

the academy team lose a game so all the prophecies of doom were correct? Hilarious.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:25 am

[quote="Wooders"]the academy team lose a game so all the prophecies of doom were correct? Hilarious.[/quote

I prophesised that the next crop of players weren't as good before this happened so I guess some of us aren't surprised. Not seen much of those players but the results of the younger teams haven't been great in the recent past (whilst Jim & co were still fully responsible). No one will want to criticise them though as that would be absolutely stupid.

All the information that Mr Wibley referred to has been out there for anyone who genuinely does want to take an interest in the academy. All they have to do is look. There are even one or two Hughes hating conspiracy theorists among regular academy watchers so there's some great stirring material; much better than what's being used.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazby » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:04 pm

Socrates, if Cassell was so unambitious, so loved his job, surely he would have stayed? Have you ever considered he might have been looking for a new challenge?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:06 pm

dazby wrote:Socrates, if Cassell was so unambitious, so loved his job, surely he would have stayed? Have you ever considered he might have been looking for a new challenge?

Have you ever considered that he was gently pushed out of his job? Has it ever crossed your mind?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Guy Debord » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:37 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
dazby wrote:Socrates, if Cassell was so unambitious, so loved his job, surely he would have stayed? Have you ever considered he might have been looking for a new challenge?

Have you ever considered that he was gently pushed out of his job? Has it ever crossed your mind?

Do you really think that Cassell having been pushed out wouldn't have resigned?

Do you think he'd have stated he was excited at the prospect of a new challenge?

This has been debated a million times without anyone ever providing any evidence that Cassell is anything but pleased with his new job. Here is Cassell's response to the move:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news ... -challenge

Why you and Socrates keep on peddling this ridiculous conspiracy theory is beyond me.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:37 pm

What age is he? How much is he on now? I wouldn't say it was so much a push as a bolt for the door.

This debate can and has gone on for quite sometime and the only facts we do know for sure is that he has moved on to a different position. He could be over the fucking moon. The rest is just pure speculation and another angle to spin negativity IMO.

If we could only ask Jim, this would be instantly cleared up.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:29 pm

Original Dub wrote:

What age is he? How much is he on now? I wouldn't say it was so much a push as a bolt for the door.

This debate can and has gone on for quite sometime and the only facts we do know for sure is that he has moved on to a different position. He could be over the fucking moon. The rest is just pure speculation and another angle to spin negativity IMO.

EEEEERRRRRRRR..... how do you know he is over the moon? That is speculation as well. He could be absolutely devastated. Truth is no one knows. We DO know that they had run in with Hughes. Something some people seem to be willing to forget. For me it's too much of a coincidence that he has been moved aside but you believe what you want. You actually believe that our Academy isn't world class so your opinion will not count anyway.

Thank god he is somewhere there behind the scenes so if his successor fails hopefully the powers that be will see some sense.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:39 pm

Original Dub wrote:

EEEEERRRRRRRR..... how do you know he is over the moon? That is speculation as well. He could be absolutely devastated. Truth is no one knows. We DO know that they had run in with Hughes. Something some people seem to be willing to forget. For me it's too much of a coincidence that he has been moved aside but you believe what you want. You actually believe that our Academy isn't world class so your opinion will not count anyway.

Thank god he is somewhere there behind the scenes so if his successor fails hopefully the powers that be will see some sense.

If he's not happy he's a liar as he keeps saying he is & excited & he says change was needed, plus it's his project & he's choosing how it works & who he works with. I don't think Jim Cassell is a liar, I think he's a genuine bloke so I believe him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

If he's not happy he's a liar as he keeps saying he is & excited & he says change was needed, plus it's his project & he's choosing how it works & who he works with. I don't think Jim Cassell is a liar, I think he's a genuine bloke so I believe him.

What do you mean by "keeps" saying that? There has been one small interview on official site where he said that he is looking forward to it. What did you expect him to say? That Hughes and rest of the taffia are cunts? He is professional bloke and will act accprdingly. Don't mean he is happy about it.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I never said I knew he was over the moon. I said he COULD be.

And lets face it, whenever people move to a job with more money, and say that they are excited by the move, its far more likely that they will be happier.

Anyway, a run in with the boss would normally get you fired.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:36 pm

NQDP

He's said himself that he's happy about it. He's said himself that HE has been planning it for the past year or so & that he's excited because he's been given licence to do whatever he wants. Why don't you believe him? What more can he say? I don't understand.

It's obvious to everyone that City's circumstances have changed & the academy has to change too. The admirable work they've done creating players, mainly of a certain standard, is no longer any good to us. Jim Cassell knows that. I'm sure there's a degree of sadness that things will change & perhaps one day he'd rather work for a smaller club's academy again if that's how he likes to work but we're not that club anymore. Producing Millers & Crofts & even Micahs isn't good enough.

Jim Cassell MUST know that, surely you do? The academy's success was based on creating players for the club we were, not the club we've become. It did a fantastic job at that level but nowhere near Barca or even West Ham. There's also a problem with a lack of raw talent in the uk to bring to the academy in the 1st place. The next batch of players already there isn't looking great. We've sent Jim Cassell to build academies to get us the worlds best players before Barca etc do because he's the best bloke to do it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Grob » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:35 pm

I dont get it

Hughes has Weiss on the bench every game and has loaned out a fair few players to aid development.

Cassell has declared he's excited about heading up a new project.

Khaldoon stated the other day that youth development was of tantamount importance to the club.

Who do i believe, Hughes, Cassell and Khaldoon or Niall and Socrates??
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum