Player ratings against Portsmouth.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Player ratings against Portsmouth.

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Given-8-what a keeper, no more words need to be said.
Richards-8-played very well up and down all day, looked comfortable all game until injury.
Tour'e-8-looks a very good organiser, come from Arsenal, no more needs to be said lol.
Lescott-7-Slipped in well at centre half, did nothing wrong,very,very solid.
Bridge-8-special mention for Bridgey here, i have not been this guys biggest fan but played very well today,excellent passing.
Sweep-7-hot and cold from Shauney, run himself ragged as useual,not very good passing, but live wire as usual.
Ireland-6-Quiet day for Ireland i thought, nothing spectacular, ran himself hard again.
Barry-9-this guy is shithot,in everything, reminds me of Gerrard in some ways, very effective all round.
Bellamy-7-Run his socks off, energetic, playing out of position lol.
Ade-10-one word, awsomeness, what a player, and where is this distruptive force everyone was wobbling on about?
Calm, composed, direct,pass, power, heading, finishing, best striker in the prem imo at the min.
Tevez-6-hot and cold from Tevez, will definatly get better, just needs to settle in more, will be a very good signing :)

Subs......

De Jong-7- the invisible man of the city team, always breaking play up when he can, will get his chances in the long run.
Zabaletta-7- thought he slotted in effortlessly, done everything asked of him and even went up front to shoot the odd time.
Onuoha- man i feel sorry for this guy, how on earth isn't this lad starting for us?
He was probably our second best performer last season, and he missed half of it, really, really hope he gets a chance in the side, beyond deserving his place if you ask me.
Robinho- should of come on for Tevez, UPFRONT LOL, would be good to see him play there.

Hughes-8- excellent tactics again, another clean sheet, everyone is up for the game, hopefully now the crittics he has had over from last season will stfu and let him get on with it.

Overall- theres definatly more to come from city once everyone has beedded in a bit more.
Just hope when things go bad, like when we lose a few on the bounce(do not worry it will happen lol we are city afterall), when it does happen just hope everyone stays together lol, no doubt they will, they earn enough afterall.
Good stuff.
Last edited by paulmclaren on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Re: Player ratings against Portsmouth.

Postby bluemoon » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Bellamy 8 - ha ha ha ha ha ha, fucking hell, you must be Welsh!
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:51 pm

bluemoon wrote:Bellamy 8 - ha ha ha ha ha ha, fucking hell, you must be Welsh!

I thought he played well lol, ran his socks off anyway.
Changed it to an 7, i was a bit kind but did play well i thought.
Last edited by paulmclaren on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:53 pm

Disagree with your Bellamy rating he was terrible the second half I hoping he would be taken off for Petrov. I seriously hope Robs back next game as I think the fact he was missing today was the difference between 1-0 and 5-0.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Vhero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:54 pm

paulmclaren wrote:

H'es like Vassell but doesn't track back. I would have actually preferred Vass on today if he was still playing for us.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Vhero wrote:Disagree with your Bellamy rating he was terrible the second half I hoping he would be taken off for Petrov. I seriously hope Robs back next game as I think the fact he was missing today was the difference between 1-0 and 5-0.

Maybe you're right and them spliffs i had last night have not warn off yet :D .
But like you said with Petrov on the bench n others, keeping em all happy is now the hard bit.
I would of thought being on 70k per week would keep them hppy but with alot of players they already have the dough.
Plus Petrov is nearing the end of his career and i reckon he might well leave before the transfer window is finished.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Vhero wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

H'es like Vassell but doesn't track back. I would have actually preferred Vass on today if he was still playing for us.

Now you are taking the piss surely?????
But, It's all about opinions i suppose :)
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Vhero wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

Oh come on, he was tracking back today, I saw a fair few - one where he lost it in their box but sprinted out to the midfield to recover it again.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Vhero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:59 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Vhero wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

Oh come on, he was tracking back today, I saw a fair few - one where he lost it in their box but sprinted out to the midfield to recover it again.

Fair enough I missed that I take back my earlier statement.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Steve » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:18 pm

I think Bellamy ran himself into the ground for the cause today. Right into that 90th minute he was sprinting around. I'm not the blokes biggest fan, but he put in a fine hardworking performance, which sometimes you need in these games away from home. The disappointment, if any, I think was with Tevez who failed to link up properly with the rest of the forward players today. Not really on the same wave length as adebayor. I think with Ireland, everytime he goes to make that late run into the box, someone else is already there now, which we didn't have last season. A final point in that second half, I think too many of our players were trying to do too much on their own, instead of looking for the pass, and playing a few quick ones around the box.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Dronny » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:25 pm

Vhero wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Vhero wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

Fair enough I missed that I take back my earlier statement.

I can't believe some of the horse on here about Bellamy, some of his link up play with Ade was great. You could almost hear the pompey crowd groan when Bellamy and Ade attacked down our left flank. There was a moment when Pompey had the proverbial hot potato at right back / centre back, there was Ade and Bellamy chasing em down and the defenders certainly didn't want the ball until one of em just hoofed it up to Kolo.

A good game to play him and not Robby today bearing in mind how physical Pompey were. Nice touch from him too after the warm up, he went over to a kid just in front of us and threw him his training top, some bloke grabbed it and Bellamy let him know to hand it over or else lol
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Given 6 (had fuck all to do except come 88 mins and it was a crap shot from their striker rather than a brilliant save by the Prems best that kept them at nil).
Richards 6 (not sure what this lad brings to the team, I await response to my letter to MH asking this very question, that is if he knows what he brings).
Bridge 7 (far improved since last season, I cannot believe he is actually doing something he never did last season......TACLKING!, makes the world of difference).
Lescott 7 (coped comfortably with what little Pompey did throw at them, and was always a threat in their area on corners)
Toure 7 (reads the game very well, great spring in his jumps and passes the ball out, what we have lacked since the halycon days)
SWP 6 (don't think he had much effect on the game today, spends most of each match so far tracking back and doing the job of the RB because we are never playing with one, he needs to be freed up)
Ireland 6 (he needs a rest, his form last season has gone and in the 5 games he has played this season has had about 45 mins in TOTAL of any quality, a spell on the bench may bring some gumption from him, as I think he has grown stale and knows he is in the side every week no matter what)
Barry 7 (poor passing and too slow when in possesion most of the time, but brilliant set piece delieveries and never stops working and getting back to help the defence out when we are under the cosh)
Bellemy 5 (total liability today, stood in same place most of the game with hands on hips, too greedy when in possession, delievered nothing and shown just how much we need either Robinho or Petrov on the left and QUICKLY)
Tevez 8 (my MOM, I thought he worked tirelessly today, touch of skill each time he got the ball, dropping back and was difficult to mark and also knock off the ball when he had it, passing was easily the best in the team today)
Adebayor 7 (ran Carlos "Fergie sign him up" Tevez close today, great goal, neat skill before almost making it 2 in the second half and another who will work equally as hard off the ball, as on it, and knows where to be to hurt opposing teams)

Zabaleta 7 (what a difference a proper defender makes, allowed SWP to get forward and he got a stonewall penalty, that shockingly the ref never gave us today!!!.....(the only think the bald coot did give us was a kick off and a goal))
de Jong 5 (what does this man bring to the side????.....answers on a postage stamp please!)

Hughes 6 (under-estimated Pompey by selecting a side with 9 footballers and 2 plodders, then balanced our advantage out again for the last 15 minutes, but we got away with it through dogged defending and top class players at the heart of defence doing their jobs they are paid to do......he will need to pass his level 1 coaching badge before taking on Wenger in 2 weeks time, cannot be leaving players like Petrov, Robinho and Zabaleta on the bench for that game, or we could have problems).
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby City1970 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Barry 7 (poor passing and too slow when in possesion most of the time, but brilliant set piece delieveries and never stops working and getting back to help the defence out when we are under the cosh)Bellemy 5 (total liability today, stood in same place most of the game with hands on hips, too greedy when in possession, delievered nothing and shown just how much we need either Robinho or Petrov on the left and QUICKLY)
Tevez 8 (my MOM, I thought he worked tirelessly today, touch of skill each time he got the ball, dropping back and was difficult to mark and also knock off the ball when he had it, passing was easily the best in the team today)

Dont know which game you were watching today.

Barry was my MOM of the match, he ran everywhere, filled in at left back and C/B when needed, and broke down their play. His passing was as good as everyone else.

Tevez, didnt seem to do a lot, apart from a long range shot, and ran from one side of the pitch to the other. Very poor distribution, which led to a very poor match.
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

City1970 wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Barry 7 (poor passing and too slow when in possesion most of the time, but brilliant set piece delieveries and never stops working and getting back to help the defence out when we are under the cosh)Bellemy 5 (total liability today, stood in same place most of the game with hands on hips, too greedy when in possession, delievered nothing and shown just how much we need either Robinho or Petrov on the left and QUICKLY)

Barry was my MOM of the match, he ran everywhere, filled in at left back and C/B when needed, and broke down their play. His passing was as good as everyone else.

Tevez, didnt seem to do a lot, apart from a long range shot, and ran from one side of the pitch to the other. Very poor distribution, which led to a very poor match.

Agreed.
I though Barry was motm just behind big Ade.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:05 pm

City1970 wrote:

Both watched the same game, but have two differing viewpoints of the match.

We will just have t agree to disagree on the players quoted and their imapcts.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby mistereeman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Given 7 had little to do but made a crucial stop at the end.
Richards 7 defended well and supported attack well too
Toure- 7 comfortable for most part,I like the way he has an eye for a shooting chance too
Lescott 7 made some good interceptions,did well.
Bridge 8 Another good performance,improving
Wrighty 7 made some good runs,kept ball well when we came under pressure 2nd half.
Ireland 5 Got a kick by Brown,gave ball away and got caught in possession too often today,his new role in the team isn't suiting him yet.
Barry 8 Another good performance,long passing was superb,competed well.
Bellamy 6 1st half not so good 2nd half better,worked hard to no effect mostly.
Tevez 8 Played well again,works incredibly hard for the team,some great little touches,getting better and better.
Adebayor 9 Superb again,works hard,scores goals and is skilfull what more can you want?
Subs
Zabba 7 filled in well for richards,always does his best.
De jong 6 Didn't really notice him which probably means he was doing his job efficiently
mistereeman
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Florida Blue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:12 pm

paulmclaren wrote:

I am more of a Bellamy critic than a fan, but he played the best all-around game for us to-date since his arrival.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby conkers » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Vhero wrote:I seriously hope Robs back next game as I think the fact he was missing today was the difference between 1-0 and 5-0.

Did last seasons away games bypass you?
conkers
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby irblinx » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:17 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
paulmclaren wrote:

I am more of a Bellamy critic than a fan, but he played the best all-around game for us to-date since his arrival.

I thought he was was poor today, especially in the second half. He gave the ball away far too often by trying to take too many people on, he isn't in the same class as Tevez, Ade, Swp and Robbie and he needs to understand that, play the simple ball FFS.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby City1970 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:23 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
City1970 wrote:

Both watched the same game, but have two differing viewpoints of the match.

We will just have t agree to disagree on the players quoted and their imapcts.

Fair enough.

But my opinion is still right :D
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum