dissapointed to day

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

dissapointed to day

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:56 pm

i dont think we played that well against a poor team. i know a few things went against us, but we should have stepped up the pace after we scored. we did struggle sometimes 2day and i think that ireland didnt play well 2day. we will have to try and score from outside the area, instead of playing 1 touch football in there penulty box. but saying that 3 wins,3 clean sheets and a clean sheet at palace carnt be that bad
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: dissapointed to day

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:58 pm

It's another 3 points and I'm pleased with that.

Portsmouth were always going to have spells on their own turf. These are games we would have only drawn at best in previous seasons.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:58 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:i dont think we played that well against a poor team. i know a few things went against us, but we should have stepped up the pace after we scored. we did struggle sometimes 2day and i think that ireland didnt play well 2day. we will have to try and score from outside the area, instead of playing 1 touch football in there penulty box. but saying that 3 wins,3 clean sheets and a clean sheet at palace carnt be that bad

The Palace game was a few days ago mate, we played Portsmouth today.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby paulmclaren » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:59 pm

I agree, i think Ireland was not at the races today, other then that though i thought we played decent.
Should definatly get better as the season come on.
And hopefully most players will get there chances to play.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:59 pm

Not exactly buzzing about the way we played but it was excellent away win. I don't really care how we play away if we win. And we did.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:00 pm

King Kev wrote:
CITYSTEVEDON wrote:i dont think we played that well against a poor team. i know a few things went against us, but we should have stepped up the pace after we scored. we did struggle sometimes 2day and i think that ireland didnt play well 2day. we will have to try and score from outside the area, instead of playing 1 touch football in there penulty box. but saying that 3 wins,3 clean sheets and a clean sheet at palace carnt be that bad

I think he was lumping the three league games together, then mentioning the cup game as a fourth clean sheet (rather than saying we were at palace today by mistake)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PoC » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:00 pm

I thought we looked comfortable today, only the nugent chance could have changed things, it looked obvious to me that we weren't playing at a high gear because we didn't need to and now we have 2 weeks to get everything shit hot
MaineRoadMemories wrote:Both can suck there own bolloxs off so they're as equal as each other but a lot greater than us.
PoC
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Vhero » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:01 pm

I agree mate I feel the same way we should have destroyed them today but the teams not fully gelled yada yada.. lol... We couldn't string together more than 5 passes at a time today it seems and that was our main problem. Constantly giving it away. I don't know if it wasn't because we weren't looking around or just being lazy but some of todays passing was Championship division stuff.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:02 pm

PoC wrote:I thought we looked comfortable today, only the nugent chance could have changed things, it looked obvious to me that we weren't playing at a high gear because we didn't need to and now we have 2 weeks to get everything shit hot

The Nugent chance showed we DID need to play at a higher level - we cant sit back at 0-1 and get away with it every game, we have to kill games off.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:03 pm

We were never going to play flowing football against a bunch of kickers and Pompey were without a point in three and with a new owner...plenty to play for. I was hoping we could have got a second first half(and we did) and run them on a counter in the second half. But I suppose we can't be too upset with 5 games on the trot and not conceding any.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:04 pm

Well im just happy with the 3points, i dont care if we win all are games at 1-0 aslong as we win, but it will come the team is still getting used to each other
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Blue Blood » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:16 pm

3 points. job done. delighted.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby JB » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Blue Blood wrote:3 points. job done. delighted.

Seconded.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby Beeks » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:19 pm

JB wrote:

Seconded.

What they said

3 wins in 3 without a goal conceded and some people still see it as a chance to moan...you couldn't make it up
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Dameerto wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I think he was lumping the three league games together, then mentioning the cup game as a fourth clean sheet (rather than saying we were at palace today by mistake)

didnt say we was at palace today, i said 3 wins 3 clean sheets and a clean sheet at palace.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Steve » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:22 pm

We lost this fixture 2-0 last season, I'm chuffed.

We have now won as many away games this season, as we did the whole of last.

You have to grind out results when you're not at your best, and that is exactly what we've done in all four competitive matches so far, and we haven't conceded a goal. I have nothing to be disappointed about personally.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:24 pm

You just can't please everyone ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Steve wrote:We lost this fixture 2-0 last season, I'm chuffed.

We have now won as many away games this season, as we did the whole of last.

You have to grind out results when you're not at your best, and that is exactly what we've done in all four competitive matches so far, and we haven't conceded a goal. I have nothing to be disappointed about personally.

I think that's what people are frustrated by.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:25 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
JB wrote:

Seconded.

What they said

3 wins in 3 without a goal conceded and some people still see it as a chance to moan...you couldn't make it up

i wasnt moaning, just stating that we was poor through some of the match. and like i said 3 wins and 3 clean sheets
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:27 pm

With a competent referee and officials it would have been a 3 nil away win without us ever hitting top gear.

If you're determined to be disappointed, aim it towards the referees, because when a team go two nil up they generally play with a more relaxed, flowing tempo.
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum